Hey guys I have an issue with my Z30, but It could very well be my sim or network. First off I love my z30, but at my home(where if im not on my wifi network, im getting 2-3 bars of Lte) im all of a sudden only getting full bars of H+....however after about an hour of so the data turns off and I get this...

Odd Network Issues..-img_20140423_235304.png

Now it seems about an hour or so of this it not only turns off data as shown above, but after a while it affects my text messages as well.

Odd Network Issues..-img_20140423_235748.png

Now the really odd thing is, is that I have full lte data support when I leave my house and the general area around my house.

I have never had network problems at my home before, although I do usually use wifi anyway, but I have full access to lte and data if I wanted.

Things I have tried:
    1) hard reboot. Still have issue
    2) reboot refresh(volume key reboot). Still have issue
    3) Backed up phone, and reloaded the OS. Still have issue.
    4) security wiped phone and restored. Still have issue
    5) pulled my sim out and put it back in. Still have issue.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering if anyone is having this issue, or know how to solve.

Background info. I live in Lower mainland British Columbia, and use Bell, and all my bills are paid.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 04-24-14 at 02:55 AM.
    04-24-14 02:06 AM
    Hey guys I have an issue with my Z30, but It could very well be my sim or network. First off I love my z30, but at my home(where if im not on my wifi network, im getting 2-3 bars of Lte) im all of a sudden only getting full bars of H+....however after about an hour of so the data turns off and I get this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140423_235304.png 
Views:	809 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	265322

Now it seems about an hour or so of this it not only turns off data as shown above, but after a while it affects my text messages as well.

Name:	IMG_20140423_235748.png 
Views:	807 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	265323

Now the really odd thing is, is that I have full lte data support when I leave my house and the general area around my house.

I have never had network problems at my home before, although I do usually use wifi anyway, but I have full access to lte and data if I wanted.

Things I have tried:
    1) hard reboot. Still have issue
    2) reboot refresh(volume key reboot). Still have issue
    3) Backed up phone, and reloaded the OS. Still have issue.
    4) security wiped phone and restored. Still have issue
    5) pulled my sim out and put it back in. Still have issue.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering if anyone is having this issue, or know how to solve.

Background info. I live in Lower mainland British Columbia, and use Bell, and all my bills are paid.

Thanks in advance.

Are you running the officially supported OS build from Bell?

Signal conditions change. Bell may have made changes in your area that reduced your signal quality, or their network there got heavily congested for some reason.

Try changing the signal mode to something other than "LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM" and see what happens.

Another thing you could try is start walking down the street with the phone, watching the display, and see where it shifts back to HSPA+ or LTE.

Then contact Bell and ask them if they know why the signal all the sudden degraded in your area.
    04-24-14 06:03 AM
    Are you running the officially supported OS build from Bell?

Signal conditions change. Bell may have made changes in your area that reduced your signal quality, or their network there got heavily congested for some reason.

Try changing the signal mode to something other than "LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM" and see what happens.

Another thing you could try is start walking down the street with the phone, watching the display, and see where it shifts back to HSPA+ or LTE.

Then contact Bell and ask them if they know why the signal all the sudden degraded in your area.

Yes I am running the official OS. 10.2.1 from Bell.

Yeah I will contact bell today...try to drill down the issue. I do think its odd that I get full bars of H+, then after like an hour I still have full bars but it goes to voice only.....so the reception still looks somewhat strong, but data is just been turned off, I hope this is a bell issue and not a hardware antenna issue on my end.....what do you think? could this be a z30 issue or most likely Bell is screwing up.....i hope its bell, but it seems so specific.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:23 AM
    *UPDATE* I think I may have pinpointed this issue....it seems this issue arises when my wifi is turned on and has been connected to anything for a period of time.....as if the network turns off my data via mobile network, when my data is coming from a wifi signal. im wondering if this is a result of the paratek antenna....and if so is there anyway I can turn this feature off.

Please help if you can. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:36 PM
    Bump for help.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:50 AM
    *UPDATE* I think I may have pinpointed this issue....it seems this issue arises when my wifi is turned on and has been connected to anything for a period of time.....as if the network turns off my data via mobile network, when my data is coming from a wifi signal. im wondering if this is a result of the paratek antenna....and if so is there anyway I can turn this feature off.

Please help if you can. Cheers.

That particular issue has been discussed at length for at least a couple of months - seems to be a bug in certain recent 10.2.1 OS releases.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/

The workaround if you want to use WiFi is turn off mobile (cellular) data only, which will make the WiFi work properly.

Let us know if that helps.
    04-25-14 01:56 AM
    That particular issue has been discussed at length for at least a couple of months - seems to be a bug in certain recent 10.2.1 OS releases.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/

The workaround if you want to use WiFi is turn off mobile (cellular) data only, which will make the WiFi work properly.

Let us know if that helps.
    Well for me my wifi works, but then when wifi is on for an extended period of time my mobile network goes to voice only, and in some cases my text messages dont work, also when in this voice only mode if I turn off my wifi my mobile network stays in voice only, and doesnt seem to switch mobile network data back on, unless I switch the data toggle on an off.......This sounds a bit different then what you have described, that said could be a similar bug issue with this build. I'll take a look at this thread you have posted. thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:18 AM
    Well for me my wifi works, but then when wifi is on for an extended period of time my mobile network goes to voice only, and in some cases my text messages dont work, also when in this voice only mode if I turn off my wifi my mobile network stays in voice only, and doesnt seem to switch mobile network data back on, unless I switch the data toggle on an off.......This sounds a bit different then what you have described, that said could be a similar bug issue with this build. I'll take a look at this thread you have posted. thanks.

It just really sounds like you should be addressing this with your carrier. Something sounds very funky on their end, particularly if you are using the same device running the same OS version you were running a week ago without any problem.

Unless some ham radio operator with a gazillion-watt transmitter just keyed-up his new rig right next-door to you a week ago or something. Or the NSA's new signal-jamming test site.
    04-25-14 03:58 AM
    It just really sounds like you should be addressing this with your carrier. Something sounds very funky on their end, particularly if you are using the same device running the same OS version you were running a week ago without any problem.

Unless some ham radio operator with a gazillion-watt transmitter just keyed-up his new rig right next-door to you a week ago or something. Or the NSA's new signal-jamming test site.
    Yeah its really odd....i mean im on vacation right now, this could have been happening since I got my z30 and I just noticed now as I have more time on my hands(everyone except for 2 friends with iphones use bbm), I would have never thought to check my mobile network during that time as my wifi is always connected to my router at home. I dont think this is limited to my home btw....that was my original thought, but today while in a shaw public wifi zone my mobile network went "voice only" in the background. It seems to random to be my carrier, and seems more like a bug in the OS or paratek antenna because of the seemingly randomness of it.

I hope its just a variation of the wifi/ mobile network bugs people have been getting in that thread you linked to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:12 AM
    *update* new development now it says this...
    Odd Network Issues..-img_20140425_022412.png

Could this be sim card failure?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:25 AM
    *update* new development now it says this...

Name:	IMG_20140425_022412.png 
Views:	479 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	265602

Could this be sim card failure?

That's funny because I almost suggested having the SIM card replaced, but figured it was a long-shot.

If I were you I would try powering the phone down (use power button, do NOT pull the battery) and then pull-out and re-seat the SIM card.

And if that doesn't work, just bring it into the Bell store and tell them how it's been acting wonky with signal.
    04-25-14 04:36 AM
    That's funny because I almost suggested having the SIM card replaced, but figured it was a long-shot.

If I were you I would try powering the phone down (use power button, do NOT pull the battery) and then pull-out and re-seat the SIM card.

And if that doesn't work, just bring it into the Bell store and tell them how it's been acting wonky with signal.
    Yeah I pulled the sim out after powering down, it brought it back.....but I think I should maybe change the sim tomorrow. See if that helps....very odd.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:41 AM
    Before I buy another sim card, im thinking of updating my OS to 10.2.1.2273 to see if that solves the suspected wifi mobile network bug. Do these leaks/AT&T fix the bugs that were in that thread you provided me?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:44 PM
    Before I buy another sim card, im thinking of updating my OS to 10.2.1.2273 to see if that solves the suspected wifi mobile network bug. Do these leaks/AT&T fix the bugs that were in that thread you provided me?

The "limited connectivity" issue with WiFi doesn't seem to have a fix yet. Though most people do not appear to suffer from it. I don't. I'm not exactly sure what all the variables are.

The thing is, if your device was working fine a week ago there is little evidence that the problem is OS-version-related. More likely a hardware issue or something going on with their network.

If I were you I would stick with the official Bell OS release for now, because once you change that then you can kiss off getting any help from Bell with network issues.

What is the official Bell OS version - 10.2.1.2141, right?
    04-25-14 05:14 PM
    The "limited connectivity" issue with WiFi doesn't seem to have a fix yet. Though most people do not appear to suffer from it. I don't. I'm not exactly sure what all the variables are.

The thing is, if your device was working fine a week ago there is little evidence that the problem is OS-version-related. More likely a hardware issue or something going on with their network.

If I were you I would stick with the official Bell OS release for now, because once you change that then you can kiss off getting any help from Bell with network issues.

What is the official Bell OS version - 10.2.1.2141, right?
    Crap already updated....but I guess I could downgrade again. first though im going to buy a new sim card. If that doesnt work im going to just talk to bell in person....i guess i'll downgrade just before I go haha.

I really suspect it to be a variation of the bug some people are getting as this issue only seems to present itself when my wifi is activated. I dont connect my wifi much when working a normal work week...so even if this problem was happening or not I probably wouldn't have known. But the sim card not connected makes me think it might be the SIM...lol its a really tricky issue thats just annoying enough to bug me, but not annoying enough to ruin my day or using my phone...haha. thanks for the help though...If you think of anything else let me know, an I'll keep you posted on when it is "fixed".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 04-25-14 at 05:56 PM.
    04-25-14 05:28 PM
    *UPDATE*

Switched SIM cards....still have same issue. Called Bell they said everything looks fine on their end, they said they think it is the phone and want me to send it away(they're pretty useless to talk to lol). So thats where im at....very frustrating. Im hoping its a paratek antenna bug.

If anyone wants to test my issue on their Z30 I would be greatly appreciative.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:49 PM
    Clanked,
    I'm currently investigating about this as I recently experienced similar problems with my carrier (SFR/ France).
    I had a long talk with their hotline and they told me this was not necessarily related to the device but - they finally admitted - more likely to 4G deployment. They seem to have both hardware (new 4G antennas over old equipments that appears to be incompatible) and software bugs. A recent talk with BlackBerry reps during last Enterprise forum confirmed that.
    (FYI, Samsung's S3 and S4 users - and even 4G incompatible ip4S - reported the same problem)

Unfortunately, even with my Z30 limited to 3G/2G mode, I still experience random problems.
    So I'm going to dig this further in the coming days, I'll report if I can find anything relevant.

Cheers
    SF
    Clanked likes this.
    04-27-14 11:10 AM
    Clanked,
    I'm currently investigating about this as I recently experienced similar problems with my carrier (SFR/ France).
    I had a long talk with their hotline and they told me this was not necessarily related to the device but - they finally admitted - more likely to 4G deployment. They seem to have both hardware (new 4G antennas over old equipments that appears to be incompatible) and software bugs. A recent talk with BlackBerry reps during last Enterprise forum confirmed that.
    (FYI, Samsung's S3 and S4 users - and even 4G incompatible ip4S - reported the same problem)

Unfortunately, even with my Z30 limited to 3G/2G mode, I still experience random problems.
    So I'm going to dig this further in the coming days, I'll report if I can find anything relevant.

Cheers
    SF
    Oh jeez thanks man!

I popped my friends rogers sim in my phone for a test for an hour last night....and he never seemed to have the voice only issue...I was thinking maybe I should have left it in longer. But what you're saying seems to go along with his not having the problem and my bell having the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-27-14 12:34 PM