I have a Z30 with official 10.3.1 installed on it.
    Software release 10.3.1.1784

I have updated my notification sounds for text, and email accounts and people etc. It no longer plays the full mp3 file (sound) like it used to before with 10.2.1
    I tried having it play the sounds from the built-in phone storage and also tried from my SD card, nothing helps.

Anyone else have these problems? Anyone else set up their notification sounds and everything is working great for you with 10.3.1 installed?

I really would like to hear the full length sound like I used too. I don't always hear it now because it's cut short...

Any ideas. Thanks.

www. carm. org
    03-26-15 01:50 PM
    I have a Z30 with official 10.3.1 installed on it.
    Software release 10.3.1.1784

I have updated my notification sounds for text, and email accounts and people etc. It no longer plays the full mp3 file (sound) like it used to before with 10.2.1
    I tried having it play the sounds from the built-in phone storage and also tried from my SD card, nothing helps.

Anyone else have these problems? Anyone else set up their notification sounds and everything is working great for you with 10.3.1 installed?

I really would like to hear the full length sound like I used too. I don't always hear it now because it's cut short...

Any ideas. Thanks.

www. carm. org
    You will have to install Hub++ for now, as that can do what you want. Natively, for some reason, you have a 5 second limit now.
    03-26-15 01:56 PM
    Yes, it is a known issue, but I was hoping it would be fixed on this newest release
    Here are a bunch of other users with this issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-off-1000863/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...gtone-1006208/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11384758
    03-26-15 01:59 PM
    Thank you

www. carm. org
    03-26-15 02:11 PM
    You will have to install Hub++ for now, as that can do what you want. Natively, for some reason, you have a 5 second limit now.
    Since I already have Hub++ I just set it up and it seems to work good, never used it before. Thanks for the tip.

www. carm. org
    03-26-15 02:58 PM
    I have this with my calendar notifications.
    They cut after 3 seconds.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.1.2582)
    03-26-15 03:17 PM
    Call your carrier and ask them to increase your ringtones to the maximum time. That's the ONLY way to do it!

03-26-15 03:19 PM
    I see that the Power Tools app also has something that can be setup to fix the problem too. But since I setup hub++ for now I won't be trying the other app.

Take care.

www. carm. org
    03-26-15 06:11 PM
    Only problem with these other apps to fix the cut off notification sound problem is when you put your phone on silent or vibrate in Quick settings they still play the sounds from these apps, so if you are somewhere where you need to be silent and you put your phone on silent you are in for a embarrassing surprise... kinda reminds me of a story I heard of a guy at a concert (symphony) with an iPhone and he didn't know how to stop the sound because he was new to iPhone etc. (very embarrassing)

BlackBerry needs to fix it and make it work like it did on 10.2.1

If we pick a notification sound it should play the full sound don't limit the length of it. We know what we want and set, so don't limit us to what you think is the proper length/time limit etc for whatever reason you have. Thanks

Hope BlackBerry reach this...

www. carm. org
    03-28-15 09:02 AM