So that's it from Blackberry from the MWC for the hardware division. No Z30 replacement. Only announcement for the all-touch department is the Leap hahaha. Then some kind of sliderphone with a useless curved screen. Not for me. Good thing my z30 is still going strong.
    03-06-15 08:32 AM
    So that's it from Blackberry from the MWC for the hardware division. No Z30 replacement. Only announcement for the all-touch department is the Leap hahaha. Then some kind of sliderphone with a useless curved screen. Not for me. Good thing my z30 is still going strong.
    That's why I have just bought my white Z30, even he's 1 year and a half old .
    The best bb device at the moment.
    03-06-15 08:35 AM
    I think that BlackBerry is trying to differentiate itself from all the other manufacturers and trying to make money at the same time.

The following of a high end full touch might not be high enough for warrant making another one right away.

I love my Z30, but would be happy with another slider. I did love my torch.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:01 AM
    Nope blackberry will loose money I won't buy until I see a z40 or z50
    03-07-15 10:54 PM
    Still waiting for the all touch flagship

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:47 AM
    This makes me mad
    03-09-15 09:13 PM
    I find it disheartening that's there seems to be no Z30 replacement. The argument that one should just use the upcoming slider as an all touch device is mute primarily due to the fact that I don't want a physical keyboard that I will never make use of. I simply don't want the slider and I feel that many other all touch loyalists don't either. If that's what I wanted I would purchase one of the other available BlackBerry devices. The Leap was a wasted opportunity to keep their all touch base happy. SMH.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:17 PM
    I also do not want a slider,to me a new Z50 all touch is what I want,had the physical keyboards in the past on my blackberrys,it was fine then but not now.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:07 AM
    Nope blackberry will loose money I won't buy until I see a z40 or z50
    BlackBerry is not going to lose money on the basis that one person isn't buying. Quite the exaggeration. Be patient for all we know another all touch is in the works. Based on today's rumour of the Keinan I believe it's called, it just might be.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:22 AM
    I was under the impression the slider gives one the OPTION to use either a pkb or a touch screen keyboard.

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    03-10-15 01:51 PM
    we don't even know if the slider has a detachable keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:30 PM
    You know, I feel the same way about getting a replacement for my Z30.

The only thing I can think is that it's too early. Maybe they are assuming the earliest normal upgrade time for all those currently with a Z30 is 2 years. And it's been about a year and a half since it was recently. Sure, I'd love to spend the next 6 months getting excited about the next Z30, but in this industry, isn't it kind of rare to get all the details so far ahead of time? I mean, Apple shows something off, and releases it shortly after.

I forgot what Blackberry's typical timelines, but I hope to see something over the next few months. As someone who got the Z30 that first week, I'm certainly hoping that next Fall there's another flagship touchscreen phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    03-10-15 05:21 PM
    Lol Z10 users are the ones waiting. Z30 haven't hit the 2 year mark yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:25 PM
    Makes sense. Z30 replacement will be next year I think.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:36 PM
    I think that BlackBerry is trying to differentiate itself from all the other manufacturers and trying to make money at the same time.

The following of a high end full touch might not be high enough for warrant making another one right away.

I love my Z30, but would be happy with another slider. I did love my torch.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and really the Z30 is great now and even next year. Some just have hang ups about that.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    03-10-15 05:56 PM
    Lol Z10 users are the ones waiting. Z30 haven't hit the 2 year mark yet.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and why should BlackBerry do one now when they need to focus on buildings profits. Want a nice all touch. Use a z30 or do you want BlackBerry to lose more money on over extending builds.

BionicKris likes this.
    03-10-15 05:59 PM
    I agree and why should BlackBerry do one now when they need to focus on buildings profits. Want a nice all touch. Use a z30 or do you want BlackBerry to lose more money on over extending builds.

I have money to save so I'm not in a rush to upgrade. But if nothing else the slider will do.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:00 PM
    As much as I hate not to see an upgrade for Z30, I cannot buy an android or iphone. Dont think I can do without the hub and bb10.
    So I sold my 1 yr old Z30 and bought a brand new Z30 for the same price!! ..Now I've a new brand new phone which will last till BB announces a full touch phone. (it's going to be tough waiting for the new device..but what can i do? No choice!!)
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-10-15 06:07 PM
    As much as I hate not to see an upgrade for Z30, I cannot buy an android or iphone. Dont think I can do without the hub and bb10.
    So I sold my 1 yr old Z30 and bought a brand new Z30 for the same price!! ..Now I've a new brand new phone which will last till BB announces a full touch phone. (it's going to be tough waiting for the new device..but what can i do? No choice!!)
    Wow. That was a heck of a deal. Congrats!

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    03-10-15 09:53 PM
    BlackBerry is not going to lose money on the basis that one person isn't buying. Quite the exaggeration. Be patient for all we know another all touch is in the works. Based on today's rumour of the Keinan I believe it's called, it just might be.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome thanks so much
    03-10-15 10:23 PM
    Not only there is no Z30 replacement, they are not even releasing a proper 10.3.1 for Z30.
    To be honest, Z30 is a nice device, no major problems with hardware, except wobbly buttons and super sensitive play/pause button, other than that if they could do a Z50, something that has 5.5 or 5.2" screen and try to keep the same overall size, that would be a huge improvement, sort of like Z30 shaped like Z10/leap.
    I guess they are holding that for the slider?
    03-10-15 11:17 PM
    I am currently using a z30 and while the keyboard is by far the best touch keyboard I have come across, I still don't enjoy all touch devices that much. I was going to upgrade to the Passport but now will most definitely wait for the slider as that's the one I want!

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    03-11-15 12:57 AM
    Although I thought BlackBerry wore themselves out trying to outdo Apple & Samsung with all-touch hardware introduced way too late in the game...I don't agree with their not building all-touch hardware at all. There will always be those (like me, to an extent) who want the hard qwerty keyboard of the "legacy" devices, and those more progressive users who have come to live the all-touch device. Why alienate an entire group of prospective buyers?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-11-15 08:35 AM
    Why does everyone think there will never be another full touch. Ofcourse there will be, just later, like maybe next year! Z30 is not old and obsolete!
    03-11-15 04:21 PM
    I am currently using a z30 and while the keyboard is by far the best touch keyboard I have come across, I still don't enjoy all touch devices that much. I was going to upgrade to the Passport but now will most definitely wait for the slider as that's the one I want!

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    I am getting an att Passport in May, who know how long I will use it. Then I will go back to the Z30....then I will try Slider Future looks amazing!
    03-11-15 04:23 PM
29 12