As a former iPhone user one thing that drives me crazy is that when I Google a term in Google News, there are no search tools. These "tools" are the filter and sort options that allow you to sort by date, for instance. In Safari they appear under the "more" pull down list.

No browsers other than safari seem to allow this and do I assume it's a modification apple made.

Anyway, does anyone else find this frustrating?

No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-google-search-tools-4.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:54 PM
    Can't say I ever tried it to find it frustrating.
    just_luc likes this.
    08-19-14 11:07 PM
    On the google search page on your BB, on the right side of the menu area tap "Search Tools" and you'll get the exact same time frame search tool over to the left side . Just like in your APPle screen shot.

Frustration not required, only a request for help when you need it.
    08-19-14 11:21 PM
    As a former iPhone user one thing that drives me crazy is that when I Google a term in Google News, there are no search tools. These "tools" are the filter and sort options that allow you to sort by date, for instance. In Safari they appear under the "more" pull down list.

No browsers other than safari seem to allow this and do I assume it's a modification apple made.

Anyway, does anyone else find this frustrating?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-search-tools-4.jpg 
Views:	1114 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	291895

Posted via CB10
    I use Google News a LOT! The time search feature works in both Chrome & Internet Explorer (I've used it in both browsers).

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    08-19-14 11:27 PM
    Pics:
    No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-img_20140819_232236.png

No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-img_20140819_232252.png

No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-img_20140819_232258.png

No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-img_20140819_232303.png

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-19-14 11:32 PM
    It's there in the left when you select 'Classic' rather than the default 'Mobile' version on the Google homepage, then search an item....
    No search to for Google in BlackBerry Browser-img_20140819_234146.png
    08-19-14 11:42 PM
    Not seeing it on my searches. I wonder if you are in classic view rather than mobile. I would prefer to stay in mobile obviously.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 02:49 PM
    On the computer, yes. But in terms of the mobile browsers I'm not seeing it on the Z30. I was unable to even open the chrome browser mind you....so can't verify your claim there. thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 02:50 PM
    Not seeing it on my searches. I wonder if you are in classic view rather than mobile. I would prefer to stay in mobile obviously.

Posted via CB10
    In BB10 browser settings choose "Developer Tools" and switch "Desktop Mode" to on. There is no "classic" setting per your subsequent post, and moving from desktop to mobile is fast and easy.

YOU: "problem - can't search with date range"
    Me: "Here's how . . . "
    You: "Ok - got it. Thanks"

UNLESS your intent is to drive home your desire to be back on iPhone, per your frequently used "As a former iPhone user . . . " and "I am a life time iPhone user . . . "

You're on a Z30 now - there are answers and solutions to most of your issues. If the iPhone is calling, it's ok to answer
    kthhrrsn and unbreakablej like this.
    08-20-14 03:34 PM
    In BB10 browser settings choose "Developer Tools" and switch "Desktop Mode" to on. There is no "classic" setting per your subsequent post, and moving from desktop to mobile is fast and easy.

YOU: "problem - can't search with date range"
    Me: "Here's how . . . "
    You: "Ok - got it. Thanks"

UNLESS your intent is to drive home your desire to be back on iPhone, per your frequently used "As a former iPhone user . . . " and "I am a life time iPhone user . . . "

You're on a Z30 now - there are answers and solutions to most of your issues. If the iPhone is calling, it's ok to answer
    Chill dude. There is a 'classic mode' (as per my earlier post). It is on the Google search page itself. Another poster suggested it as a solution. It is in essence the same as switching to desktop mode. Neither are viable solutions as the take you out of mobile view of your browser. that's subbing a bigger nuissance for a small one.

And no I don't care to go back to iPhone. I came to the Z30 out of my preference for BB10 (liked my wife's Z10). Was just pointing out one small feature of my iPhone experience that was preferable to the BB10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 07:38 PM
    Honest question - what exactly is the bigger nuisance that occurs when you use Desktop Mode?

I have been on BB10 since "almost" the beginning and I have moved back and forth between the two, typically staying on desktop mode for most uses. What is better for me if I use the browser only with Desktop switched off?
    08-21-14 11:29 PM
    Honest question - what exactly is the bigger nuisance that occurs when you use Desktop Mode?

I have been on BB10 since "almost" the beginning and I have moved back and forth between the two, typically staying on desktop mode for most uses. What is better for me if I use the browser only with Desktop switched off?
    Well, I don't know about you but I also like to stay in mobile mode when i'm browsing on my mobile.. And why I dislike desktop mode? Because I hate to zoom in and out all the time. And yeah, I also miss the search tools when googling in mobile mode.
    08-22-14 02:44 AM
    Well, I don't know about you but I also like to stay in mobile mode when i'm browsing on my mobile.. And why I dislike desktop mode? Because I hate to zoom in and out all the time. And yeah, I also miss the search tools when googling in mobile mode.
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:28 PM
    I tried bookmarking the Google site in Classic Mode instead of Mobile Mode and it did save it in Classic Mode. Just a quick run through, but so far, I'm seeing no difference in whether a site goes to a mobile view or a full web view once selected from the search page. If the page has a mobile option, that seems to be what it goes to. Unless your browser is set with Desktop Mode on. Almost all of the time, I keep my browser set with Desktop Mode off, unless I'm having problems with a site. Just my personal preference.
    08-23-14 11:10 PM
    I tried bookmarking the Google site in Classic Mode instead of Mobile Mode and it did save it in Classic Mode. Just a quick run through, but so far, I'm seeing no difference in whether a site goes to a mobile view or a full web view once selected from the search page. If the page has a mobile option, that seems to be what it goes to. Unless your browser is set with Desktop Mode on. Almost all of the time, I keep my browser set with Desktop Mode off, unless I'm having problems with a site. Just my personal preference.
    Ya thanks. I was wondering about that. That's a good work around that takes care of half the issue. Will still need to resize the search pages but not the linked article pages. Thanks for the pro tip.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:08 PM