My father has a Verizon Z10 and wanted to try to get an unlocked Z30 from eBay for his birthday, but have heard that the NFL mobile app no longer works on BlackBerry 10. Right now he has the NFL app installed from launch and gets notifications sent to the hub from the app on his Verizon Z10.

I upgraded him to 10.3.1 via SACHESI a week or so ago and every now and then the system runs up and eats the battery. The battery has been his number one complaint and I know that the Z30 would be a great gift.

This is a must have app and his only Verizon device. He has a device for work and personal, one on AT&T and one on Verizon. Is it just the Z30? I'm just confused as supposedly the app is no longer on BB10, but works fine on his Z10. Would hate to upgrade him to the Z30 (which he would love) then find out he won't have the NFL app. That would be a killer and I wouldn't bother.

Just a bit confused. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 01:16 AM
    I can tell you that both my Z10 and my Z30 are on versions of 10.3. My Z30 is hands down my favorite. I can also tell you that I have the NFL Mobile app on the Z10 but have not been able to get it on my Z30 yet. I assume it is because Verizon is still "perfecting" the new 10.3 and has not released an official version of it yet. Same thing happened when 10.2 came out. I don't know why Verizon has such a hate for BlackBerry but it is very annoying to those of us that use one!! I'm all for working out bugs but it gets to be a little ridiculous....
    05-10-15 01:41 PM
    I guess because I'm still using 10.2 I was able to download NFL Mobile using Snap. It seems to work fine.

That said, don't buy an unlocked Z30 for use on Verizon; it will not work.
    05-10-15 08:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1002897

Check out my previous posts regarding NFL Mobile and MLB AT BAT 2015

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    05-11-15 12:41 AM
    I can tell you that both my Z10 and my Z30 are on versions of 10.3. My Z30 is hands down my favorite. I can also tell you that I have the NFL Mobile app on the Z10 but have not been able to get it on my Z30 yet. I assume it is because Verizon is still "perfecting" the new 10.3 and has not released an official version of it yet. Same thing happened when 10.2 came out. I don't know why Verizon has such a hate for BlackBerry but it is very annoying to those of us that use one!! I'm all for working out bugs but it gets to be a little ridiculous....
    As for the OS, I upgraded my father's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 via SACHESI non-destructive and his NFL app is still working as it was on 10.2 with Verizon. He still gets multiple notifications in the Hub about general league info and a bunch on the team he has selected.

Nothing changed after the update to 10.3.1. Would love to surprise him with a Z30 for his birthday coming up in a few weeks with the discounts on new devices on ebay, but I know he'll hate it without the NFL app.

I've read the thread where it says the NFL app doesn't work, but it works perfectly fine on his Z10. Guess I'll have to dig a little deeper? Really ridiculous with Verizon as they tell you the NFL mobile app works with ALL smartphones on their network. Ugh!

Edit: Just realized your Z10 is on 10.3 as well with the NFL app, but you can't get it on the Z30. Really dissapointing :-(

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 05-11-15 at 01:10 AM.
    05-11-15 12:59 AM
    I guess because I'm still using 10.2 I was able to download NFL Mobile using Snap. It seems to work fine.

That said, don't buy an unlocked Z30 for use on Verizon; it will not work.
    The unlocked Verizon Z30s on ebay (STA100-3) would not work? I was looking at some of the offers and was going to jump on one. I thought it would just be a simple restore from his backup and put the Z10 SIM card in the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:02 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1002897

Check out my previous posts regarding NFL Mobile and MLB AT BAT 2015

Thanks. I have read a lot of the thread with some saying it's available to download with Amazon or Snap, but I doubt he'd get the notifications like he does now on the Z10 in the Hub. I could be wrong though. Really sucks because he has the BlackBerry on Verizon and chose Verizon for the NFL app! I'll reread more of the thread in depth and see what I find. Doesn't seem like he'll be getting a Z30... dissapointing as he will be upgrading the Z10 soon and he loves the OS, but he's hardcore with his NFL app and would be a deal breaker!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:08 AM
    Thanks. I have read a lot of the thread with some saying it's available to download with Amazon or Snap, but I doubt he'd get the notifications like he does now on the Z10 in the Hub. I could be wrong though. Really sucks because he has the BlackBerry on Verizon and chose Verizon for the NFL app! I'll reread more of the thread in depth and see what I find. Doesn't seem like he'll be getting a Z30... dissapointing as he will be upgrading the Z10 soon and he loves the OS, but he's hardcore with his NFL app and would be a deal breaker!

Posted via CB10
    On my Z30 I have nfl mobile android version. I do get updates in my hub for my selected options. So there should be no issue.

I also am waiting for Verizon to release it for the Z30. At this point I have given up on them for anything and just make my Z work the way I know it can.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:13 AM
    On my Z30 I have nfl mobile android version. I do get updates in my hub for my selected options. So there should be no issue.

I also am waiting for Verizon to release it for the Z30. At this point I have given up on them for anything and just make my Z work the way I know it can.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!!! So maybe it's not a lost cause after all. If the Android app works fine and the updates for his team come through in his notifications he should be fine. He gets updates regarding who got drafted to where, team updates, coach stuff, etc all in his notifications. If this is still working with the Android version I can install that for him no problem.

If that's true, now I have to recheck with the above post stating not to buy one for Verizon as it won't work. Doesn't Verizon use the STA100-3? If I get the funds and can purchase it, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with just a SIM swap. Any clarification there?

This is getting a bit more complicated than I anticipated lol. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Gotta love CB for all the help/info!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:22 AM
    Running great on my Z30 through Snap.

NFL app?-img_20150511_024114.png

05-11-15 01:41 AM
    Running great on my Z30 through Snap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150511_024114.png 
Views:	582 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	352183

Thanks! Do you still get all of the notifications in your Hub about league news and team stuff? If that's the case I might reconsider trying to save for the Z30; his bday is in a few weeks so I'm going to have to move soon if I get him a Z30.

One more question... what about buying an unlocked STA100-3 off eBay, I should be able to just give if to him all set up and swap the SIM card, correct? I'm only asking because of the above post telling me not to buy as it won't work on Verizon. Maybe the poster was referring to the shopblackberry models?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:58 AM
    NFL Mobile android version works fine on my Z30 as well. Only thing you cant do is link your Verizon account... (thus lacking NFL Now I believe). I don't recall receiving any notifications, but I also don't have them turned on.

As far as buying a Z30 off Ebay for VZW, you should be fine as long as you get a STA100-3 model. Any other version, and you'll more than likely end up with more of a headache getting it configured and connected to the network. The radios and internals are different, save yourself the trouble and get the correct model from the beginning. Not only that, the STA100-3 has wireless charging built in as well, no other model has that.
    05-11-15 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I was definitely going to get the STA100-3 (Verizon model), but that other comment through me off. He has had his Z10 from shortly after launch and will be upgrading soon to something. Loves the BB10 OS, but more importantly it's his Verizon line so as long as the NFL app works as usual then he'll love the 30.

It seems the Android version works fine, but he'll be lost without his notifications lol. Still gets multiple notifications daily from his NFL app even during the off-season. I know he can set notifications during games for scores, etc which all go right to the hub. Hopefully it's the same. Think I might try going for it. Add it to my CC/school debt lol. Would have been very frustrated if I bought the 30 for him and couldn't get the NFL app with notifications to work. Thanks for all the help!

Have a few days to pull the trigger. Would like to see him stay on BB10 as a fanboy anyway haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:43 PM
    If all else fails, I have a .bar file for the BlackBerry version that you can sideload.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-11-15 01:17 PM
    If all else fails, I have a .bar file for the BlackBerry version that you can sideload.
    Thanks!! Will keep in touch if I need it. Appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 02:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I was definitely going to get the STA100-3 (Verizon model), but that other comment through me off. He has had his Z10 from shortly after launch and will be upgrading soon to something. Loves the BB10 OS, but more importantly it's his Verizon line so as long as the NFL app works as usual then he'll love the 30.

It seems the Android version works fine, but he'll be lost without his notifications lol. Still gets multiple notifications daily from his NFL app even during the off-season. I know he can set notifications during games for scores, etc which all go right to the hub. Hopefully it's the same. Think I might try going for it. Add it to my CC/school debt lol. Would have been very frustrated if I bought the 30 for him and couldn't get the NFL app with notifications to work. Thanks for all the help!

Have a few days to pull the trigger. Would like to see him stay on BB10 as a fanboy anyway haha.

Posted via CB10
    I've turned notifications on, in your few days of waiting to pull the trigger, I'll let you know if I get any notifications from the app.
    05-11-15 03:03 PM
    I've turned notifications on, in your few days of waiting to pull the trigger, I'll let you know if I get any notifications from the app.
    Thanks that would be great. I know this may seem somewhat irrelevant in the grand scheme of everything, but my father has the Verizon line literally for his NFL mobile app and would not live without it. He's hardcore with football lol. All he really uses (looked at his app and notifications) is news in his notifications and in the app there is one tab for NFL and one tab for our NFL team. He gets multiple notifications daily so if you have them on you should get some. I really appreciate the help from you and others. Worse case scenario I can sideload the bar file. Thanks again! CB members rock!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:41 PM
    Thanks that would be great. I know this may seem somewhat irrelevant in the grand scheme of everything, but my father has the Verizon line literally for his NFL mobile app and would not live without it. He's hardcore with football lol. All he really uses (looked at his app and notifications) is news in his notifications and in the app there is one tab for NFL and one tab for our NFL team. He gets multiple notifications daily so if you have them on you should get some. I really appreciate the help from you and others. Worse case scenario I can sideload the bar file. Thanks again! CB members rock!

Posted via CB10
    We're happy to help!
    NFL app?-img_20150511_110953.png
    As you can see from my screenshot, Linking to my verizon acct failed. This is the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll try to load the android version of NFL Mobile on my Z30 this evening and see what happens. Also, my Z30 is a STA100-3 that I purchased off eBay. I believe mine was listed as unlocked.... I don't wanna say buy it and then it doesn't work for you. Maybe contact the eBay seller and make sure it will work for you. As long as they are a reputable seller they should be happy to help. You could also ask the seller for the IMEI # and check with Verizon to make sure it will work on your account. I've done that quite a few times myself.

NFL app?-img_20150511_180741.png

VZW Z30 STA100-3 / 10.3.1.2744
    Last edited by mmcclure0453; 05-11-15 at 05:21 PM.
    05-11-15 05:09 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, VZW Z30 is unlocked by default.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 05:36 PM
    The unlocked Verizon Z30s on ebay (STA100-3) would not work? I was looking at some of the offers and was going to jump on one. I thought it would just be a simple restore from his backup and put the Z10 SIM card in the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    That one will work. My bad, I thought you were referring to the unlocked ones for sale on BlackBerry's website.

I bought one of the ones on eBay. I'm going to post a review on it tonight.
    05-11-15 07:08 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, VZW Z30 is unlocked by default.

Posted via CB10
    Correct, but unlocked for GSM only. You can't use it for other CDMA networks like Sprint.
    05-11-15 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the help again. I noticed there seems to be extra stock from Verizon selling the STA100-3 new in a Verizon box for a decent price especially compared to the $500 that Verizon wants. Thought it might be a nice idea to gift it to my dad for his birthday since my mom got the Passport for Mothers Day lol (that one was split between my sister and I though).

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:43 PM
    I sent you native bar in DM

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500 
    05-12-15 08:17 AM
    I have a Verizon Z30 and i downloaded NFL from snap. It opens and let's me choose a team.... and then nothing happens. Any advice? a better place to find the apk? Amazon app store? i have 10.3.1.2744
    05-12-15 12:28 PM
39 12