Hi

So my new Z30 will rarely connect with my DLink Wi-fi router, it gives an error message stating "Unable to authenticate with the network, verify your saved network security settings"

I undated the phones OS and the routers firmware and since then it has worked on three occasions for only a few minutes, but then cuts out.

If I disable the wireless security then it works fine, I'm using WPA wireless security. The router is probably five years old.

I have not started using it as my regular phone yet, so the SIM card has not been in it, but I did try inserting the SIM card and it still had the same Wifi problems.

I have been searching for possible solutions for the past week, but nothing has come up. The only thing that I could find involves using Wifi Protected Setup, (WPS) which my router does not have.
    08-28-15 08:53 PM
    If you haven't already done so, delete the existing network in your settings and reconnect
    08-28-15 10:24 PM
    What type of WiFi network are you using, meaning 2.4 or 5 GHz -b/g or n.
    08-28-15 10:28 PM
    If you haven't already done so, delete the existing network in your settings and reconnect
    Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:30 PM
    Unfortunately no. I've done that every time it managed to connect and save the network, but to no effect.

The router is a D-Link WBR-2310, 2.4Ghz G. It works fine with my other wireless devices, but when I was using my Playbook the connection would drop often, but reconnect quickly.
    08-29-15 11:28 AM
    My Z30 (and Passport) connects perfectly to my D-Link Dir-868R (AC1750) Wi-fi router. Maybe it is time to invest in a new router.
    08-29-15 11:40 AM
    Update the firmware. I use a custom firmware but in your case see what dlink has for you. Also in the BlackBerry saved WiFi profile select 2.4. Sometimes that helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:44 AM
    I had a D-Link router, it's wasn't reliable. I got a WiFi router from my Internet provider, since then all my devices work flawlessly with it, even my BlackBerry PlayBook never loses a signal. In summary, get a new router.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:01 PM
    Update the firmware. I use a custom firmware but in your case see what dlink has for you. Also in the BlackBerry saved WiFi profile select 2.4. Sometimes that helps.

Posted via CB10
    I did update the firmware on the router, and the OS on the phone, after that it only connected a few times for a few minutes. Unless there is a custom Firmware that can get around whatever the problem is then I'm not sure what else there is that can be done with the router,

I had a D-Link router, it's wasn't reliable. I got a WiFi router from my Internet provider, since then all my devices work flawlessly with it, even my BlackBerry PlayBook never loses a signal. In summary, get a new router.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking that replacing the router may end up being the case, But I hope not.
    08-29-15 08:14 PM
    Don't know if you ever saw this in Amazon reviews of your router (which are generally pretty bad BTW). Anyway, maybe it is your answer:

Like everyone else, when I first installed the router I was having difficulties. I was having dropped connections, sometimes the SSID was not broadcasting, and a bunch of other stuff. I was about to re-box the thing and send it back, but I decided to fool around with the settings thinking I could not make the situation any worse. I remembered when I activated my DSL modem there was something called PPPoE. The PPPoE could either be hosted on the modem, the router, or the computer. Since the DLink WBR-2310 has PPPoE built-in I decided to turn off the PPPoE on the modem and host it on the router. Low and behold, all my connection problems went away. I was still a little apprehensive that I had found the problem, so I started a large file transfer from my notebook to desktop over the wireless connection and had two other notebooks pulling large downloads from the internet. Not once did the connections drop. Things got slow but nothing ever stopped. So, for anyone having connection troubles and they are using DSL try my example. It may work for you, it may not. I took away a star because I had to "luck-up" on finding the solution. DLink does not provide support for my modem and AT&T does provide support for the router. Terrible situation to put a customer in.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-30-15 07:23 AM
    I have the same issue too on my home network. I have BB Passport. At the begining I managed to connect to my Wifi but the last few days I failed. I deleted my saved network and tried to create another one by using Wi-Fi Protected Setup option. Nothing happened and things got worse.
    My network is visible for my Passport (umbrella is full) and whenever I give my password the same message comes up: "Unable to authenticate with the network, verify your saved network security settings"
    I received a PIN when I tried to connect with WPS and a some kind of timer started to count from 3:00 but nothing happened. Where should I give the received PIN number? Do I need to do neccessery set-ups on my router? I have TP-Link router (dual band). May it be outdated or it does not have WPS capability? Should I buy another router?
    Right now I cannot connect to my home network but I have no trouble connecting to other Wifis (workplace, gym, bank etc).
    Iam very disappointed.
    Every help is greatly appreciated.
    11-04-17 03:46 AM