Hi, i love bb and im wanting to get a Q10, now with the coming release of the Z30 i was wondering if anyone had heard if the was a newer version of the Q10 coming as i prefer the physical keyboard.
    09-19-13 09:50 AM
    Although BlackBerry promised 6 devices for this year and we only had 5 so far: 2xQs, 2xZs, and one OS7 legacy device, I don't think we'll see another Q version in 2013..

To be honest, at this point i'm not even sure we'll see another Q next year, it's too early to predict, looking at the state of blackberry...

Q10 is great though, especially with 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:06 AM
    Probably not for awhile Q10 only came out a couple months ago. And there no consumer demand for a new BlackBerry keyboard phone. So I doubt we'll see an update in the next couple months

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    09-19-13 10:08 AM
    what happened to the Z20/Q20? are they only going up by 20s and going down by 5s (Q5)? What's the numbering scheme here...
    09-19-13 10:12 AM
    New Z30, is there a Q30 in the offing?-blackberry-blade.jpg

This what should come next, it would look and be different.

Thats exactly what BB needs now.
    Alphax45 and Fortunate Fool like this.
    09-19-13 10:17 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-blade.jpg 
Views:	5340 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	203412

I've been googling this device for 2 yrs now.. if this comes.. then BlackBerry is back forever...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:26 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-blade.jpg 
Views:	5340 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	203412

Even if they make a slider, no way it'll look like this.
    They have a design language you know

It'll probably be something like this;
    New Z30, is there a Q30 in the offing?-blackberry-z15.jpg
    09-19-13 12:26 PM
    If the Q30 includes the core BB characteristics (keyboard, BB button/trackpad/back button configuration), and is an inch longer than the current Q10, then YES a Q30 would be a highly desirable device. BB moved away from their core design in this Z10/Q10 fiasco and NOBODY is really happy. BB is the highest quality phone made, the OS version 10 is fabulous, battery life is great and so is the communication hub. But the deficient phone design just wasn't what the doctor ordered.... What were you thinking about by competing with your competition on their terms...?
    rai187 likes this.
    09-27-13 07:13 AM
    If the Q30 includes the core BB characteristics (keyboard, BB button/trackpad/back button configuration), and is an inch longer than the current Q10, then YES a Q30 would be a highly desirable device. BB moved away from their core design in this Z10/Q10 fiasco and NOBODY is really happy. BB is the highest quality phone made, the OS version 10 is fabulous, battery life is great and so is the communication hub. But the deficient phone design just wasn't what the doctor ordered.... What were you thinking about by competing with your competition on their terms...?
    I'd hardly call the Z10/Q10 a fiasco...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:32 AM
    Slider would be nice

Posted via Harry
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-27-13 09:35 AM
    Many on CB are happy with their BB10 devices. Your post lost credibility at that point.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:52 AM
    Being a CPA, and understanding the financial ramifications of the event and their current position in relation to the event ...Yes, it is a fiasco.
    But the company is not a fiasco, and their financials are not a fiasco (actually, they are superb).
    09-28-13 07:53 AM
    There is a wider ownership of BB than CB. And many previous owners of BB's want those characteristics. If one is accustomed to having a steak cooked 'medium', then they want it medium.
    Your age and lack of experience reduces your credibility.
    09-28-13 07:57 AM
    A Q30 with physical navigation/call and end key would have me paying retail just to have it. My dream phone.
    09-28-13 08:08 AM
    If the phone screen was bigger AND added additional call end button / trackpad the thing would be unwieldly! I'm all for a Q10 with a larger screen or a slider, but I think at some point we have to have certain functions "on-screen" to maximize screen size while maintaining a physical keyboard.

A Q30 with physical navigation/call and end key would have me paying retail just to have it. My dream phone.
    09-28-13 11:26 AM
    If the phone screen was bigger AND added additional call end button / trackpad the thing would be unwieldly! I'm all for a Q10 with a larger screen or a slider, but I think at some point we have to have certain functions "on-screen" to maximize screen size while maintaining a physical keyboard.
    The problem is that the phone app is so unwieldy. I often have to unlock the screen when I have it in speaker phone mode just to end a call. It's a hassle, especially on a multitasking phone. It takes a swipe and tap and tap to end a call if I'm in another app.

iOS keeps the call at the top of the screen if you're in another app. I can also end a call by clicking the power button in iOS. So much better.

Let's put it this way: I always let the other person end a call because it is so convoluted for me to end a call. Also the end button is too small and surrounded by other small buttons.

So maybe I'm one of the few, but I would gladly give up the Blackberry logo on the face of my Q10 in order to have physical navigation keys.
    09-28-13 12:42 PM
    I heard the Z30 with the 5 inch display is already out. It is available in Australia
    10-02-13 09:21 AM
    It seems as though with recent developments, BlackBerry are only releasing four phones. The Z30 completes that lineup. Two entry level and two premier models. And the Z10 is due to be reclassified. So that means, Z10 and Q5 are to be entry level, Q10 and Z30 are premium. That's my understanding at least...

Posted using my sexy white Z10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1761
    10-02-13 04:51 PM
    Yep

Posted via Harry
    10-02-13 05:00 PM
    I have both a BB 9000 Bold and a playbook. I also have a Samsung galaxy and a new iPod touch. The two latter machines make it impossible to compose coherent emails and judging from the garbled emails I get from iPhone users it is not any better. I love the BB 9000 phone but the app selection is starting to bother me. The Playbook is great to type with so I am looking forward to the Q30 if I can get it without a plan.
    10-07-13 08:57 AM
    The difference between Z10 and Z30 is the screen size. On Q series I can't see them changing the size so don't expect a Q30 too soon. I think the Q30 will come probably in one year like the iPhones and the difference will be the processor and camera.

Join my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    10-07-13 09:08 AM
    I would surely feel awkward holding a longer and wider phone than the Q10. I like the Q10 for it's size as it feels like a phone. But I guess for people with bigger hands that would be just fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:18 AM
    I do agree with that, the new Q30 if that happen must have:the core BB characteristics (keyboard, BB button/trackpad/back button configuration).
    In fact I do bought the Q10 a few weeks ago, but I just own it a week because I don't find it as usefull as the BB 9900 !
    So I sold it and bought a used BB9900.
    Only because I missed so much the BB button/trackpad...
    So let's hope
    10-09-13 10:42 AM
    I sold my Q10 too because I could not bear the tiny screen and lack of a trackpad. I don't like the straight keyboard either but that's not a deal breaker. I bought the Z10 but it is just not suitable for business use for me. I really tried. The Z10 was my first virtual keyboard and I have really improved. The phone has actually helped me master to some extent something I never thought I could do. A few months ago I was singing its praises bit now several months later I am sick of having to retype business emails so they don't contain gibberish. I have sent many incomplete texts. I know the Z10 never claimed to be a business device but I was so disappointed in the Q10 that I had no where else to go in the BlackBerry World. I can't afford the Z30 so soon. I am going back to my Bold 9900 while I decide on my next steps which sadly appear limited. If I could leave BlackBerry World now for a good keyboard phone and screen I would. That's said get being a Berry owner for over 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 07:01 AM
    a 3.5-3.6 inch traditional qwerty is the way to go for the "Q 30" next year. Forget the sliders. Upgrade the specs, and get rid of the 1:1 aspect ratio. I don't miss the trackpad and buttons one bit. With the increased real estate, it should help a lot.
    akabbani likes this.
    10-11-13 08:33 AM
43 12