Ok. DL autoloader and got 10.2.1.3442 - looks promising on first reboot and got the voice network with ATT. Wasn't able to change the setting on APN as i am not sure if this is even allowed on this batch under 10.2.1.

anyways, no problem... procced with Wifi setting and guess what happen. Stalled and shut down = black screen of dead. Had to hit power button and reboot.

Not good. it is going back. I assume i got a batch of lemon?

Or is it my micro sim? It is new and with 10.2.1 it seems like it should auto setup with voice and data as there isn't any field to edit "phone". do I need to visit ATT store as i know for a fact the micro sim is compatitable due to the sim code i have.

trying to find a better 10.3.1 now to make sure it is stable.
    Last edited by MG6; 05-24-15 at 05:32 PM.
    05-24-15 05:14 PM
    No take it back. It's a lemon.

I'm here for the fun, it's just a phone
    05-24-15 05:35 PM
    Just remove your back cover of the phone and check if it reboots again while operating.
    Sometimes the back panel of the phone may be pressing into the power button.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-15 02:23 AM
    Good thought.

Posted using BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.1.2558
    I bought a new Z30 from CB. I had to trim the power button and the back cover to keep it from rebooting. I used a SHARP knife and pared a little away where it was rough or interferring.
    No problems anymore.
    05-25-15 12:30 PM
    Hi CB,

having a hard time enjoying my first BB device (came from Pre 3). So made the jump and loving it... but can't even enjoy this device when it keeps on rebooting or shutting down.

During my setup, i did update the OS OTA but now i am wondering if i shouldn't have done so. Help!!!

build 10.3.1.1784 / STA100-5 / APN - tried isp.cingular, wap.cingular, and now back to phone (which doesn't have data).. keeps on rebooting, shutting down.

what is going on? No blue LED. All red LED blinking when trying to turn it on.
    I have never had an issue with this with my z30 and I've had it since launch.

My friend has the passport and his started rebooting constantly on him as well on one of the updates, we tried security wiping it but it didn't work. He brought it back to his carrier it was bought from and they sent it in and sent him back a new one with no hassle (besides waiting a few days for the mail system)

Sorry your having bad luck at the start. But this is a fluke, if your phone is resetting as often as my friends passport (like after 5 minutes after rebooting it restarts) then I think I would be wanting to talk to your carrier anyways to get exchange. His phone got really hot and tech support ended up saying it fried mother board.

I dunno if it was same OS your on, again I have not had this issue with my z30 but hope you get it resolved

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:41 PM
    I have never had an issue with this with my z30 and I've had it since launch.

My friend has the passport and his started rebooting constantly on him as well on one of the updates, we tried security wiping it but it didn't work. He brought it back to his carrier it was bought from and they sent it in and sent him back a new one with no hassle (besides waiting a few days for the mail system)

Sorry your having bad luck at the start. But this is a fluke, if your phone is resetting as often as my friends passport (like after 5 minutes after rebooting it restarts) then I think I would be wanting to talk to your carrier anyways to get exchange. His phone got really hot and tech support ended up saying it fried mother board.

I dunno if it was same OS your on, again I have not had this issue with my z30 but hope you get it resolved

Posted via CB10
    thank you! it sounds about right on the shut down and rebooting it by hitting the power button.

The thing is, i got it directly "unlock" from shopBB so in communication with them and technical support with BB. Ran the BBEV app and all checked out. During this time, it crached (3) times during the test. if it ran fine, i will enjoy this cross over.

Only
    05-25-15 01:13 PM
    Just remove your back cover of the phone and check if it reboots again while operating.
    Sometimes the back panel of the phone may be pressing into the power button.
    Tried and ran the phone without a back cover... no luck.
    05-25-15 01:14 PM
    I bought a new Z30 from CB. I had to trim the power button and the back cover to keep it from rebooting. I used a SHARP knife and pared a little away where it was rough or interferring.
    No problems anymore.
    I have the black Z30 as I hear the white Z30 had these issues. Nonetheless, no power button sticking due to the back cover as i ran the back cover off and still crash.
    05-25-15 01:16 PM
    thank you! it sounds about right on the shut down and rebooting it by hitting the power button.

The thing is, i got it directly "unlock" from shopBB so in communication with them and technical support with BB. Ran the BBEV app and all checked out. During this time, it crached (3) times during the test. if it ran fine, i will enjoy this cross over.

Only
    One thing too, I only had time to try a security wipe on his phone which didn't work (probably since it really just gets rid of personal files)

Have you tried a full factory restore and then quickly as possible disable automatic updates.

I remember people thinking back then when we had this issue, I can't remember which OS we were having a issues with but I think it was 10.3.1.16xx. But people thought maybe it activated something it shouldn't have, also this was the same version that had the passport screen flicker issue and apparently it would brick z30 if you let it die to 0%

To do a factory restore use Link. When the connection is made it should put into a safe mode on the phone so it won't reset during the process..

I am currently on OS 10.3.1.2708 (1865 for software release) which is the highest Rogers in canada will give me, with no issues yet.. well I had one issue with android apps logging properly in device manager, but then I restored phone and that solved it.

And yah I don't know how to deal with BlackBerry directly besides twitter so I don't know how to help you there. But if doing a full factory restore doesn't work I don't know what else to suggest besides maybe you got a lemon

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 05-25-15 at 04:50 PM.
    05-25-15 04:34 PM
    When you do get this resolved I am interested to know what you had to do, whether it's an OS or hardware issue and also your experience with ShopBB as I too have read issues with ShopBB and will be looking to upgrade to the Slider when it releases.

Side note, I have heard great reviews on Amazons customer service with device exchanges. I read of somebody having issues with their Classic and amazon gave them no hassles to exchange for a new one

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 04:53 PM
    Z30 have lots of software issues compared to the Z10
    05-25-15 05:01 PM
    Z30 have lots of software issues compared to the Z10
    Wrong. I never had a hint of trouble with mine on 10.2.1 and 10.3.1 I only used Official BB USA release versions. NO Problem. Some comments here are very funny.
    05-25-15 06:42 PM
    One thing too, I only had time to try a security wipe on his phone which didn't work (probably since it really just gets rid of personal files)

Have you tried a full factory restore and then quickly as possible disable automatic updates.

I remember people thinking back then when we had this issue, I can't remember which OS we were having a issues with but I think it was 10.3.1.16xx. But people thought maybe it activated something it shouldn't have, also this was the same version that had the passport screen flicker issue and apparently it would brick z30 if you let it die to 0%

To do a factory restore use Link. When the connection is made it should put into a safe mode on the phone so it won't reset during the process..

I am currently on OS 10.3.1.2708 (1865 for software release) which is the highest Rogers in canada will give me, with no issues yet.. well I had one issue with android apps logging properly in device manager, but then I restored phone and that solved it.

And yah I don't know how to deal with BlackBerry directly besides twitter so I don't know how to help you there. But if doing a full factory restore doesn't work I don't know what else to suggest besides maybe you got a lemon

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the input. Done the factory OS reset using BBLink and still no luck. Continue to crash everytime and when reloading OS, the home screen shows the tiles lasts used. (For Example, account setup shows it as a tile if i was changing something on the account) This hold true with any other setting, device setting, texting, etc...

Crashed (6) times today when using it. Had to plug in the power AC to boot up the phone but even with this, it seems unstable with a direct power.

Note;
    I am using all BB accessories and don't even have non-BB items.
    05-25-15 07:15 PM
    When you do get this resolved I am interested to know what you had to do, whether it's an OS or hardware issue and also your experience with ShopBB as I too have read issues with ShopBB and will be looking to upgrade to the Slider when it releases.

Side note, I have heard great reviews on Amazons customer service with device exchanges. I read of somebody having issues with their Classic and amazon gave them no hassles to exchange for a new one

Posted via CB10
    Will keep all updated with my communications with BB Tech and of course Shop BB as well. so far, sent BB Tech my results on BBEV and waiting for direction.
    05-25-15 07:17 PM
    Will keep all updated with my communications with BB Tech and of course Shop BB as well. so far, sent BB Tech my results on BBEV and waiting for direction.
    You're within 30 days? Why on earth are you trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? Just reading this thread there is clearly something wrong with the hardware, lol. Just return it while you're still in your grace period already and have them credit your card.

Then just do a brand new purchase via ShopBB (or Amazon). Forget troubleshooting, swapping, etc. It's a lemon, it happens to all platforms all the time.
    Polotis likes this.
    05-25-15 08:04 PM
    great... now it has an error code due to self reboot during the swipe cleanup. BB10-0015. this will be interesting to fix with a new download os.
    OK stop ed reading the thread up to this point due to the many helpful tips provided before understanding...

When is it rebooting or what action is done for ot to be rebooting?!??

- are you carrying the Z30 in your front jeans pocket and only noticing when you sit down/get up and see it rebooting?

To me the power button on the Z30 is THE most recessed power button of any BlackBerry using a power button - save for the 7200 series. Yet the placement of those didn't cause power down nor.

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-25-15 09:05 PM
    You're within 30 days? Why on earth are you trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? Just reading this thread there is clearly something wrong with the hardware, lol. Just return it while you're still in your grace period already and have them credit your card.

Then just do a brand new purchase via ShopBB (or Amazon). Forget troubleshooting, swapping, etc. It's a lemon, it happens to all platforms all the time.
    thank you!!! it is going back and it is shipped back as of this morning. I have to say, i was starting to enjoy the Z30 and never go the hang of it not crashing.

back to Pre3 for now...
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-30-15 07:25 PM
    OK stop ed reading the thread up to this point due to the many helpful tips provided before understanding...

When is it rebooting or what action is done for ot to be rebooting?!??

- are you carrying the Z30 in your front jeans pocket and only noticing when you sit down/get up and see it rebooting?

To me the power button on the Z30 is THE most recessed power button of any BlackBerry using a power button - save for the 7200 series. Yet the placement of those didn't cause power down nor.

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    Negative on putting the Z30 in jean pocket or anything. I had it without the back cover, had it with the cover, sitting on the coffee table while it is charging or not charging... CRASH!!!! always have to hit the power button on to reboot or when it is loading the OS... crash again.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-30-15 07:27 PM
    so here is the latest and action...

I am without a Z30. It is going back and this is with the 30 days. Had to pay about $22 for shipping cost to be shipped back to ShopBB but i am done with this crashing issue.

Prior to this decision, spoke to BB tech and he gave me all the options. Either Advance Exhange with what they have which isn't 10% a brand new unit as they will never know what will be shipped out. They will try to ship out a good unit, but it will be up to me to submit a new ticket if i dislike what is shipped to me.

Or send it in for repair... All free but i will be without a phone for 1.5 weeks.

so at the end of the day, i just went with refund as i feel the issue will continue and this is within 2 weeks of my purchase and only and true (5) day of usage with (5) days of crashing each time.

I remember counting within a day - (20) crashes and it doesn't count the time i had to reboot it multiple times when the phone is booting up the BB10.

Going to miss the Z30, but i'll wait for the next deal or new phone.
    05-30-15 07:36 PM
    Sorry about your problems, MG6. There are the occasional lemon. Good luck.
    05-30-15 08:51 PM
    Sorry about your problems, MG6. There are the occasional lemon. Good luck.
    thank you! I am loving the BB environment. Feels like Palm and getting use to the OS, but will have to wait a little longer until my refund is cleared... Still in a need for a new phone so lets see what father's day comes around.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-15 10:48 PM
    Hi, could you update, please?

A friend had this issue since yesterday....

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:05 AM
    Hi, could you update, please?

A friend had this issue since yesterday....

Posted via CB10
    return the black Z30 to shopbackberry and took pretty long to get my refund. If i didn't alert them of my return already, i might be out of a refund longer.

I place an order with bestbuy on a white one so let see how this pans out as I have my micro-sim ready.
    07-11-15 07:31 PM
48 12