I am new to blackberry this is my first phone. So I just ordered received a blackberry z30 from crackberry! I played around with it and stuff but I noticed that randomly if I press the top button the screen will go black with the blackberry symbol with the words blackberry will flash and the screen will go black then the red led light will flash and then the screen will go black again and then the whole process repeats. It's really annoying an I don't know if it is broken, or if this is a glitch, bug maybe? Or just a general thing. Please help me because if it keeps happening I may return the phone which I do not want to do.
    10-26-15 06:25 PM
    If you hold down the top button for several seconds, it initiates a reset, kind of a "deeper" restart. If this is happening in a loop just after click the top key without long-pressing it, then it might be a hardware issue where it somehow thinks you are.

I would contact store support and ask them for advice or a replacement.

By the way, I've had 2 Z30s going here for about 2 years and don't have such an issue. I don't recall hearing that one from others either. I think it's just some random bad luck you've lucky enough to experience.
    If you hold down the top button for several seconds, it initiates a reset, kind of a "deeper" restart. If this is happening in a loop just after click the top key without long-pressing it, then it might be a hardware issue where it somehow thinks you are.

I would contact store support and ask them for advice or a replacement.

By the way, I've had 2 Z30s going here for about 2 years and don't have such an issue. I don't recall hearing that one from others either. I think it's just some random bad luck you've lucky enough to experience.
    10-26-15 06:33 PM
    Your power button may be getting stuck, it happens to some of us, take the back cover off and try it again

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-26-15 06:34 PM
    Thanks! I'll try that if it does it again. Maybe I'm pressing the power button to hard because I'm so used to my iphone. I'll see how it goes threw out the week. If it continues then I'll try contacting store support.
    10-26-15 07:14 PM
    Some of the newer z30s have a much tighter back cover, in order to reduce the old rattling volume keys problem. Unfortunately this causes the power button to sometimes get stuck.

What I did to solve this isue:
    Remove rear cover
    Check if problem still happens
    If problem still happens, take a small pocket knife or something similar (a bit sharp, small) and just lightly file off the rear cover around the power button.
    Problem solved
    10-26-15 10:47 PM