Hey guys, this is my first post. Today I made the switch from Apple to Blackberry!
    But there are a few things that I am missing like Instagram and Snapchat.

I have heard about sideloading, android apps onto blackberrys, but I know nothing of the process.
    I have searched some how-to's, but most contain information that I don't understand yet like; use the "Chrome extension" or "debug token".

If someone could point me in the direction of a very simple, step by step how-to, to get me going on sideloading or even list out a number of steps in a reply that would be great!

Thanks.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-11-14 08:20 PM
    Congrats on the new BB try looking here first,

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...device-821005/
    04-11-14 08:33 PM
    Congratulations & welcome to Crackberry!!

I'll send detailed instructions shortly(link to other threads), but the side loading process has gotten easier as time went on. I've found that using the Chrome browser with an extension to be the easiest method. You basically drag & drop a file into Chrome.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-11-14 08:33 PM
    Welcome to the madness known as the CB forums.
    What OS version are you running? 10.1? 10.2.0? 10.2.1? If you're running 10.2.1 I would recommend you install Snap. It's a bar file you side load onto your phone. I prefer using the DDPB installer. It's an older method but I like it the most. You will need debug tokens to use it. I don't have links available since I'm out and about but I'm sure a quick search in the forums will get you in the right direction. Not familiar with Sachsei tbh. Keep in mind Snap uses the Google Play store so it's considered one of the more reliable methods for installing apps. Others use the Amazon app store or (I think it's called) One Mobile.
    I wish I had the links or more info for you. I'm an advocate for using YouTube for help. People don't realise how much useful information is available on that site.
    Good luck!
    04-11-14 08:38 PM
    OS 10.2.0 came on my phone today. Should I update to 10.2.1, or would it be easier to stay with this version?

I should also say I have tried the BB10 file manager extension for chrome, but I can't seem to get it to work. Do I need a debug token for this?
    04-11-14 08:41 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry. It may take a while for your skin to heal after getting all those Borg implants removed.

Posted via CB10
    mzway likes this.
    04-11-14 08:47 PM
    Fist install blackberry link on ur computer.. than instal Google Chrome,..than instal playbook extension on ur chrome browser.. than enter ur development on. Enter ur ip address on ur Google Chrome playbook extension..u will be able to get into ur system..than sideload snap app world.. u can download it on Google.. tham sideload it through chrome playbook ectnson...tham download anything from..snap..

Dookas
    04-11-14 08:49 PM
    Hi Britton are you in the US since you said your OS is still on 10.2.0.

I think you should definitely install a leak OS of 10.2.1 or higher so you can download the Amazon app store or 1mobile app and install it on the phone directly without the need to use a computer. But before you install a leak OS, you would need to back up everything that's important because it will wipe out everything on the phone. Once you have either of those app stores on your Z30, you can download and install almost all Android apps.

The best way is by sideloading an app called Snap so it'll give you access to Google Play.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

I will find the links on "how to sideload" and post it here for you in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:49 PM
    Google Chrome method:

1. Download "Snap" & save to desktop
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-1-a-874153/

2. Install BB10/Playbook app manager extension in Chrome using this url while in the Chrome browser :
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp

3. Put BlackBerry into development mode by going to "settings">>"security & privacy">>"development mode" and toggling "ON". Write down the ip address that's on the screen

New to Sideloading-img_20140411_204425.png

4. Plug device into computer via USB cable.

5. Open chrome & type in ip address from above screen (use the address that your device displayed)

6. Click "proceed anyway" when you get a security warning.

7. Enter device password when prompted.

8. Drag & drop snap.bar file (from desktop) into upper right hand window of Chrome to install.

9. Unplug device upon completion (takes about a minute).

10. Open Snap from device, log into your Google account & start downloading apps!!

New to Sideloading-img_20140411_205420.png

Here's a link to a YouTube video that explains how to side load. It's not as hard as it may seem. Once Snap is installed, you won't have to do if anymore.

04-11-14 08:56 PM
    No I'm in Canada.

I have Blackberry Link, google chrome, bb10 extension installed and development mode enabled on my device. I have taken note of the password that I created. I use my IP address and password then hit log in. It says "Retrieving device apps" or something or other, then takes me back to the log in page.

I will try that kthhrrsn, thank you.
    04-11-14 08:58 PM
    Give us a snapshot of an error...

Dookas
    04-11-14 09:00 PM
    Ahh someone is already faster than me at posting a video tutorial about sideloading for you on the post above already ;p

Most carriers in Canada have released the OS 10.2.1 update already, what provider are you with? If not, just try to borrow a micro SIM from a friend who's on Rogers, Telus or Bell network and get the Software Update from there instead.

Keep us updated on your progress, we're just a click away to help out!

**Snap app only works with OS 10.2.1 or higher in order to have access to Google Play.

No I'm in Canada.

I have Blackberry Link, google chrome, bb10 extension installed and development mode enabled on my device. I have taken note of the password that I created. I use my IP address and password then hit log in. It says "Retrieving device apps" or something or other, then takes me back to the log in page.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:03 PM
    No I'm in Canada.

I will try that kthhrrsn, thank you.
    Close BlackBerry Link before attempting to side load. May cause interference...

04-11-14 09:04 PM
    OS 10.2.0 came on my phone today. Should I update to 10.2.1, or would it be easier to stay with this version?

I should also say I have tried the BB10 file manager extension for chrome, but I can't seem to get it to work. Do I need a debug token for this?
    10.2.1 is a must. It means you really don't have to side load (or possibly only side load once).

With 10.2.1, you can install Android apps (.apk files)directly to the device. There are various android app stores that you can try. Amazon's app store can be downloaded from here once you're on 10.2.1:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-app...UvbUpU10233738

If you want the full Google Play experience, you will need for side load Snap, which was built for BlackBerry (.bar file), but never approved for inclusion in BlackBerry World. With it, you can then download & install apk files directly.

04-11-14 09:10 PM
    Thanks guys! Will try the chrome extension with BBLink closed in a bit. Trying to DL the 10.2.1 OS at the moment.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-11-14 09:45 PM
    Cannot move on from step 7 to step 8. I enter my password. Hit Log in, the screen changes for a half second, then prompts for my password again. Is there some setting in my phone I need to change to allow this?

Re-Downloading chrome right now, I have had chrome for years, maybe I need a more fresh version.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT. My device's time zone did not match my computers and for some reason it would not let me move on. Got snap, gonna have to try it out!

Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by BrittonDN; 04-11-14 at 11:18 PM.
    04-11-14 10:55 PM
    Hey guys, this
    This my first post. Today I made the switch from Apple to Blackberry!
    But there are a few things that I am missing like Instagram and Snapchat.

I have heard about sideloading, android apps onto blackberrys, but I know nothing of the process.
    I have searched some how-to's, but most contain information that I don't understand yet like; use the "Chrome extension" or "debug token".

If someone could point me in the direction of a very simple, step by step how-to, to get me going on sideloading or even list out a number of steps in a reply that would be great!

Thanks.
    THIS IS THE EASIEST WAY TO SIDELOAD AN APP! ITS SUPER DETAILED SO YOU DONT GET LOST! OH and this SNAP app gives you the option for the entire android APP STORE!

I recommend SNAP2CHAT
    04-12-14 12:05 AM
    Sweet! Keep us posted!

Cannot move on from step 7 to step 8. I enter my password. Hit Log in, the screen changes for a half second, then prompts for my password again. Is there some setting in my phone I need to change to allow this?

Re-Downloading chrome right now, I have had chrome for years, maybe I need a more fresh version.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT. My device's time zone did not match my computers and for some reason it would not let me move on. Got snap, gonna have to try it out!

Thanks again everyone!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:45 AM
    Easiest way to side load on the phone is with Sachesi software. Download the latest version on your computer, attach your phone to a USB port, run Sachesi and click on install. Then click on .bar file and then double click on the Snap bar file. The file will load without worrying about putting your phone in Developer mode. Works incredibly well. Store the bar files that you want to side load on your desktop so they are easy to find after you open Sachesi.
    04-12-14 06:24 AM