I have been enjoying my Z30 for about 2 weeks now. I used to have a LG G2. It was a good phone and I liked it. BB10 is a nice OS though, I like it better than 4.4.2. The app "issue" for me is not that big of a deal. The only apps I miss from android are tube mate the you tube downloader and IMDB.

Questions I do have are

Is there a way to keep the status bar showing the time, wifi, 4G connection strength showing while in an app?

On the LG, I was able to have a different picture on every screen. It was good to have a screen with all of the kids picture. The LG IS the only phone I have ever seen capable of doing that. Is that possible on BB? Thanks!
    06-08-14 07:46 AM
    I have been enjoying my Z30 for about 2 weeks now. I used to have a LG G2. It was a good phone and I liked it. BB10 is a nice OS though, I like it better than 4.4.2. The app "issue" for me is not that big of a deal. The only apps I miss from android are tube mate the you tube downloader and IMDB.

Questions I do have are

Is there a way to keep the status bar showing the time, wifi, 4G connection strength showing while in an app?

On the LG, I was able to have a different picture on every screen. It was good to have a screen with all of the kids picture. The LG IS the only phone I have ever seen capable of doing that. Is that possible on BB? Thanks!
    You do know that you can install most of the android apps directly using an app called snap or Amazon market, right?
    About the date, i think there is an app named wallpaper something, not really sure, others might be able to help u with that. With that app, the date and the weather will be display on a second black bar under the current bar which shows the time.
    About the wifi and 4g connection strength, u can always swipe up a bit, when u r in an app, to know the signal strength.
    And about the diff wallpaper, idk so i wont be able to help u

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-08-14 07:56 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and the Z30 club. Wallpaper is limited to two. One for lock screen and one for home screen.

Wallpaper Changer app offers a bar with information. May be worth a look to see if that fits your needs.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    06-08-14 08:16 AM
    Congrats on your Z30...I've been a Q10 user and recently got the Z30 and absolutely love it (except for the horrific camera!). But the Z30 battery life is nothing short of amazing!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-08-14 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll check into those things.
    06-08-14 06:27 PM
    The camera on my Q10 seems to have improved since the 10.2.1.2941 update. It focuses quicker and clarity seems to have improved as well?

No positive changes on the Z30?

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    06-09-14 12:49 AM
    Welcome to the Z30 owners club!
    With 10.3 (if you're patient enough to wait for the official release or want to try side loading the SDK) you can swipe down with 2 fingers in any app and it'll give you the pull down settings bar, or whatever the hell it's called. Same info as on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:17 AM
    I think you can't always see the status bar at the top with signal strength, time and other icons. But you can always peak on the status bar, by swiping up slightly and swiping back down to remain on the App.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    blackburberry likes this.
    06-09-14 03:34 AM
    You can download Imdb from snap, works perfectly... not sure about the others

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:47 PM
    I think you can't always see the status bar at the top with signal strength, time and other icons. But you can always peak on the status bar, by swiping up slightly and swiping back down to remain on the App.
    Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    ^
    this
    06-17-14 06:04 PM
    Congratulations on joining the Z30 club! I just moved to the Z30 from Z10 about a week ago and I have not been disappointed. Someone mentioned above about the Amazon app store and snap. I have both on mine and they work great! Enjoy the BlackBerry 10 experience!!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 06:45 PM
    Welcome! Glad to see less people not even touching one of these phones, you won't be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:38 PM