I had been using my Z30, but needed to switch back to my iPhone for some work things. I know, iToy, right!
    When I switched back to my Z30, I couldn't receive text messages from other iPhone users.
    iMessage is off, etc. Went back and forth with Verizon and they couldn't resolve anything.
    Did factory wipe and restore, still no good.
    Back and forth with Verizon yet again, and no luck.
    Everything seems ok, except receiving texts from those with iPhones. Because I was on iPhone myself, all messages sent to me show as sending to iMessage.
    Hope this makes a little sense, but need some help in what to try next. I was talking to Verizon for over 2 hours last night and they did try mightily to help, but no luck.
    I want my Z30 back!!!
    04-12-14 06:54 AM
    When you say iMessage is off, is this the proceedure you followed?
    If not, give it a try.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5185
    http://www.imore.com/text-issues-swi...roid-heres-fix
    04-12-14 07:09 AM
    Sadly, have done those things, too. Am planning on contacting Verizon again today and will try your tip again, too! THANKS
    Verizon rep said it's all about the iOS software...boo!
    I have switched before, but never had any problems.
    Last edited by w_jjhr5; 04-12-14 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added text
    04-12-14 07:12 AM
    Do a search online for the link to unregistered from iMessage. I had to do this years ago. I don't have the link, but a quick search on Google might reveal it.
    04-12-14 07:15 AM
    Thank You!
    04-12-14 07:22 AM
    Did you catch this part as well:

"How to fully deactivate iMessage from Apple's servers

Unfortunately, there isn't a list of steps you can perform on your own. Instead, you need to call 1-800-MY-APPLE in order to have Apple manually de-register your phone number from the Apple servers. In order to do this, make sure you have your Apple ID on hand as well as the phone number in question.

To expedite the process of your call, be sure to ask for technical support when calling in. Then just tell them you're switching to a smartphone that isn't an iPhone and you can't receive messages so you need them to manually unregister you from the iMessage servers."
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-12-14 07:32 AM
    Will try that! Thanks!
    04-12-14 07:47 AM
    Wow. I bet a lot of people get frustrated when they switch to anything different and end up just going back to iPhone because the new (whatever) doesn't text. Another way Apple tries to keep users
    04-12-14 07:54 AM
    Wow. I bet a lot of people get frustrated when they switch to anything different and end up just going back to iPhone because the new (whatever) doesn't text. Another way Apple tries to keep users
    Agreed. And, the KB is difficult to find within the support pages. Coincidence? Possibly...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-12-14 08:04 AM
    That is an understatement!
    04-12-14 08:08 AM