Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Need replacement ear gels

I love the BB headphones with the odd loopy thingy on them but the problem is they pop off way too easily. Silly me yesterday, I rushed out of the office and stuffed them in my pocket only to find I had inadvertently popped one off. I like the larger sized ones so the spares won't help. Does any one know where I can get some new ones?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Ignore me. As soon as I posted this I looked down on the floor and there it was....my errant ear gel.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Since you indicated you like the loopy ear gels, do you mind sharing the secret of getting them to stay in comfortably?!? Really liking my new white Z30 but I don't have the patience to figure this out right now! (Thanks!)
    posted using my white Z30 STA100-5
    CrackBerry User

I wish I had been as lucky! I lost one of mine while getting out of a cab on the first day of a week at a hotel for work. not too comfortable using without the gels!

I went to Bell and the store did not carry just the gels. Luckily I had a spare pare of headphones that I was able to take from when I got back.

The secret is simply make sure that the loop is facing the back of your ear and pointing slightly upward. Push the earphone in first and then the loop. You can twist it up or down (to adjust) and you should find a really snug fit. If you can't, try the other size. Truthfully, these are some of the most comfortable and stable headphones I've ever used. Once snug they stay in really well; even when running and sweating profusely.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    Thanked by:
    itsachickthing (08-03-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,493 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsachickthing View Post
    Since you indicated you like the loopy ear gels, do you mind sharing the secret of getting them to stay in comfortably?!? Really liking my new white Z30 but I don't have the patience to figure this out right now! (Thanks!)
    The BlackBerry included headsets were the bain of my frustration! They sound tinny,muddy an you just don't get good audio quality at all. So I did some research and have found one of the most amazing in ear headsets. They are made from a company called NOCS out of Sweden. They just updated the NS series to NS500 and they are truly the best in ear headsets I've used so far. The audio quality is quite impressive. I like pro level sound quality when I'm listening to my music on my z30. I've gone through quite a few headsets including urbeats, ajays, skull candy, jbl,monster dna, to name a few. These are all designed for iPhone but work seamlessly with BlackBerry os10 devices.

Get the Nocs Ns500!!! They come in space gray,silver,gold, and black. By far these are the best in-ear headsets I've used so far. The sound quality is ultra clear throughout the sonic scale from high mid to low and the bass is natural with zero distortion. I have to say the worst were the urbeats which break after a few months of normal usage.

www.nocs.se
    Look for the NS 500 model.

Posted via CB10
    Sent Via crackberry forums from my BlackBerry PASSPORT SQW100-1/10.3.0.738 Rogers Wireless
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cellphonejunkey View Post
    Get the Nocs Ns500!!! They come in space gray,silver,gold, and black. By far these are the best in-ear headsets I've used so far. The sound quality is ultra clear throughout the sonic scale from high mid to low and the bass is natural with zero distortion. I have to say the worst were the urbeats which break after a few months of normal usage.

www.nocs.se
    Look for the NS 500 model.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the recommendation, however the $ is prohibitive for me at this point in time! I do listen a lot while on the GO train, so a gal can dream, but just not under my current circumstances! Much appreciated though! I swapped out the loopy ones for the set of spare ear pcs with no loops and that seems to be working ok for now.

white Z30 STA100-5
    posted using my white Z30 STA100-5
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

I too find the Z30 ear phones not as good sounding as the apple type earphones blackberry use to put in older devices I'm using black ones and found online foam covers these fit great and sound better I find than those Z30 earphones

My cool running Z30 on 10.3.0.442
    Paul Atherton