I've been using my Z30 for over 4 months now and until recently it was running very smooth and without any issues, however couple of weeks ago it started to freeze on me quite regularly. Let's say I am running some app and in the process I receive a phone call, once the phone call is finished I am unable to proceed with that app, open any other apps or even make a another call. It is really annoying, have to shut the phone off and then start from the beginning. Any idea what might be the cause of it? Please keep in mind that for the first few months I was problem free.
    02-09-15 08:18 PM
    Do you recall adding any new apps or updating any apps? Android apps installed?

What OS and model (carrier) do you have?

You have tried a reboot?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-09-15 09:12 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? Consider removing some.

Are you running low on space? Move whatever you can to SD Card.

What OS are you on? Try updating via autoloader if you're familiar and comfortable with it.
    nolimits7 and anon(9188202) like this.
    02-09-15 09:16 PM
    To your Z30 freezing i hear ya when you say freezing i had my 1st one 4 months and started freezing BlackBerry replaced it same thing with the 2nd and 3rd and then when I got the 4th replacement the sim slot wouldn't recognize my sim so it's back to BlackBerry again for a 5th device. Depend who your carrier is mine is (Telus)BlackBerry said to me not all carriers have updated their system for the Z30 which doesn't make sense because I have a Rogers unlocked Z10 that I've never had an issue with it blackberry said Telus TMOBILE and another provider were having issues that they were aware of. So send it in they will replace it and hope you don't have the issues I did. Good luck!!

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-09-15 10:37 PM
    Do you recall adding any new apps or updating any apps? Android apps installed?

What OS and model (carrier) do you have?

You have tried a reboot?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    Fair questions. First of all this is STA 100-5 straight from ShopBlackberry.com so it came factory unlocked but now it is being used on Telus. I tried both restart and reboot holding at the same time both up and down volume buttons. Did not solve my issue. I need to add also that it actually is getting progressively worse, meaning it is happening more and more often. As for apps IMO I don't have excess of them and I am not really very heavy user of them, but yeah I use some games to kill time every now and then. Also yes, couple of them would be from Amazon.
    02-09-15 11:08 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? Consider removing some.

Are you running low on space? Move whatever you can to SD Card.

What OS are you on? Try updating via autoloader if you're familiar and comfortable with it.
    Honestly I don't think I have more than 50 apps installed and usually if I don't like and use something I remove it in a hurry to avoid to much mess on my phone. Just checked the space and out of 16G I still have 8G free, so I think there is plenty of space. On my SD card I still have over 30G out of 32G. As per OS I am running 10.2.1.3062.
    02-09-15 11:22 PM
    To your Z30 freezing i hear ya when you say freezing i had my 1st one 4 months and started freezing BlackBerry replaced it same thing with the 2nd and 3rd and then when I got the 4th replacement the sim slot wouldn't recognize my sim so it's back to BlackBerry again for a 5th device. Depend who your carrier is mine is (Telus)BlackBerry said to me not all carriers have updated their system for the Z30 which doesn't make sense because I have a Rogers unlocked Z10 that I've never had an issue with it blackberry said Telus TMOBILE and another provider were having issues that they were aware of. So send it in they will replace it and hope you don't have the issues I did. Good luck!!

Posted via CB10
    As I said earlier, this is ShopBlackberry.com special, so I guess Telus has nothing to do with helping me out. For now I will patiently wait for the upcoming BB10.3 to see if that solves anything, if not I guess I will be on the phone with BB's customer service, as I believe this phone came qith 1 year manufacturer warranty.
    02-09-15 11:26 PM
    As I said earlier, this is ShopBlackberry.com special, so I guess Telus has nothing to do with helping me out. For now I will patiently wait for the upcoming BB10.3 to see if that solves anything, if not I guess I will be on the phone with BB's customer service, as I believe this phone came qith 1 year manufacturer warranty.
    Your phone certainly has a one year manufacturer's warranty so no worries. Do you still have the receipt or contact number for BlackBerry NA? All you will need is your device PIN and they will pull up the details anyway.
    On another page, have you tried wiping and reloading the OS? Maybe you developed a glitch somewhere. If you're in the GTA feel free to inbox me and maybe I can help you.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-10-15 08:07 AM
    Honestly I don't think I have more than 50 apps installed and usually if I don't like and use something I remove it in a hurry to avoid to much mess on my phone. Just checked the space and out of 16G I still have 8G free, so I think there is plenty of space. On my SD card I still have over 30G out of 32G. As per OS I am running 10.2.1.3062.
    I have to think a glitch has made it into the interactions somewhere.

I only have a total of 17 applications installed. I'll assume some of yours are android apps.

Try re-installing the OS then re-install apps (not restore).

Good luck.

My Z30 is freezing.-img_20150210_120122.png

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-10-15 11:01 AM
    Your phone certainly has a one year manufacturer's warranty so no worries. Do you still have the receipt or contact number for BlackBerry NA? All you will need is your device PIN and they will pull up the details anyway.
    On another page, have you tried wiping and reloading the OS? Maybe you developed a glitch somewhere. If you're in the GTA feel free to inbox me and maybe I can help you.

Posted via CB10
    To be totally honest I would not have a clue on where to even start with reloading the OS. On a side note I still do have the receipt for the phone, so worst comes to worse then I will go that route and call BB customer service.
    02-10-15 08:43 PM
    I have to think a glitch has made it into the interactions somewhere.

I only have a total of 17 applications installed. I'll assume some of yours are android apps.

Try re-installing the OS then re-install apps (not restore).

Good luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150210_120122.png 
Views:	846 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	332845

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    If it is one of the android apps causing my troubles, will it be enough to remove it, or would I still have to re install the OS, which as I said in previous post might take many, many moons and give me plenty of gray hair.

Also, please forgive me my ignorance, but what is your pic representing?
    02-10-15 08:47 PM
    I have never had mine freeze. I have dropped it at leapt a dozen times, cracked the screen once, replaced it with a cheap one, it died, put the cracked one back on, got another one and installed it. I don't have a ton of apps but have a dozen or so. I would say something is wrong with yours.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-10-15 08:57 PM
    You can use BBLink to reload the OS. Back up your unique data (photos, docs, videos, etc). Hook it up using the usb cord. There will be a few options once it is "linked" There's one to reload the OS. It can take a while.

Or you can visit our Leak Subforum here on Crackberry. You can either load a leak (OS not quite released) or you can generally find Autoloaders for even official OS's.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-10-15 09:25 PM
    You can use BBLink to reload the OS. Back up your unique data (photos, docs, videos, etc). Hook it up using the usb cord. There will be a few options once it is "linked" There's one to reload the OS. It can take a while.

Or you can visit our Leak Subforum here on Crackberry. You can either load a leak (OS not quite released) or you can generally find Autoloaders for even official OS's.
    I have to say it is tempting if it can be done safely through BBlink. But should I just wait for the new BB10.3 coming up in the next few days, or should I do it ASAP? Suggestions?
    02-10-15 09:31 PM
    If you can tolerate it, you can wait.

Although I have a question of my own. Since it has been a long time since I've had an OS update from my Carrier (verizon is very slow), I'm not sure that it "wipes" or acts like an Autoloader. I think it is NON-destructive - meaning that if something is currently glitchy with your phone, an official carrier release might not fix it.

Someone else will have to chime in on the issue I raised. I really don't recall the OTA upgrade process at all.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-10-15 09:36 PM
    If you can tolerate it, you can wait.

Although I have a question of my own. Since it has been a long time since I've had an OS update from my Carrier (verizon is very slow), I'm not sure that it "wipes" or acts like an Autoloader. I think it is NON-destructive - meaning that if something is currently glitchy with your phone, an official carrier release might not fix it.

Someone else will have to chime in on the issue I raised. I really don't recall the OTA upgrade process at all.
    Great point. I simply assumed that the update will automatically make the glitch vanish like a 'fart in the wind" but it might be not so. Any ideas folks?
    02-10-15 09:50 PM
    Pic to show I have very few apps and not a lot of android.

You can reload the is via BlackBerry Link.

Good luck.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-11-15 07:02 AM
    To add... The OTA update (usually) won't wipe and reload.

Imho, an autoloader destructive update is called for. I have never reloaded the os with Link, so I don't know if it will wipe 'n load.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-11-15 07:06 AM
    Pic to show I have very few apps and not a lot of android.

You can reload the is via BlackBerry Link.

Good luck.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    I was able yesterday to get to that screen on my phone last night, but a question was coming to mind right away, so I have to ask here, how do you know which ones are android apps, which ones are not?
    02-11-15 10:17 AM
    I was able yesterday to get to that screen on my phone last night, but a question was coming to mind right away, so I have to ask here, how do you know which ones are android apps, which ones are not?
    From the applications screen, ... you can't know. (sadly). If the application doesn't state "Built for Blackberry" in Blackberry World, it isn't a native application.

I know which ones are android as I have about 5-6 running (timesheet, parking Montreal etc). Sorry ... no easy answer to this one. Most users just "know" which are Native and which are ports and which are Android from the Amazon Appstore.

I'm on 10.3.1 (leaked) so I can at least control if android applications run in the background.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-12-15 10:03 AM
    Next time it starts hanging, go to device manager/COI and take a couple snapshots to see what is running.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-12-15 07:00 PM
    Next time it starts hanging, go to device manager/COI and take a couple snapshots to see what is running.

Posted via CB10
    As I said in my original post, when my phone begins to freeze, there is really not much I can do with it, so much so that the only option left for me at that time is to restart the phone. In any case, when it happens again, I will give it a try. Please let me know what COI stand for and what it is in general. Thanks.
    02-13-15 12:52 AM
    If it were me I would backup reinstall the OS and I wouldn't restore any settings.
    02-13-15 08:41 AM
    As I said in my original post, when my phone begins to freeze, there is really not much I can do with it, so much so that the only option left for me at that time is to restart the phone. In any case, when it happens again, I will give it a try. Please let me know what COI stand for and what it is in general. Thanks.
    It was a spell check error. It was meant to say CPU.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-15-15 03:18 PM
    Yep starting from 0 is always the way to go.
    Also if you want to edit android settings.
    Try cobalt's BlackBerry google ID.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 02-15-15 at 07:02 PM.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-15-15 06:01 PM
26 12