Well, my z30 went DOA today. It just died, I mean it just turned off, no LED, tried hard reset, hard restore.

The PC don't even see it and the USB port doesn't even see it. I tired everything, I bought it used in Canada and it was a Telus unlocked model and me not being the original owner, I am hosed.

This is what has to change with BlackBerry's warranty policy. If this was an iPhone and it still had warranty left on it, I could take it to the Apple store and get a new one.

Oh well, at least it worked for a couple of months before it died. Still makes me pissed off. Looks like I using something else until they launch the passport.

This time I will buy it new from Blackberry and the device will be registered in my name. As lesson learned, first time I had an issue with a z30 and I have bought a few used ones for friends and clients.
    07-24-14 03:57 PM
    Awe that sucks. I'm so sorry. Maybe the battery went bad? I know w/ effort they can be replaced?

Z30 / 10.3.x.xxxx
    Q10 / 10.3.x.xxxx
    07-24-14 04:05 PM
    I find it interesting that when you browse through the Z30 forum, their are a lot of posts about people's phones simply dying randomly. Wonder if it's manufacturing defects or something along those lines? I know these forums are not an accurate picture of all Z30 owners, so we can only speculate on the occurrence rates, but it is a bit unsettling to see that the same thing happens to multiple people. Here's to hoping the phone I just got yesterday doesn't suffer the same fate, but if it does I'll at least know I'm not alone haha.

-Matt
    07-24-14 04:07 PM
    Have you left it plugged in while you sulk? It might come back to life after it hears you suffer long enough.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 and moody like this.
    07-24-14 04:08 PM
    I find it interesting that when you browse through the Z30 forum, their are a lot of posts about people's phones simply dying randomly. Wonder if it's manufacturing defects or something along those lines? I know these forums are not an accurate picture of all Z30 owners, so we can only speculate on the occurrence rates, but it is a bit unsettling to see that the same thing happens to multiple people. Here's to hoping the phone I just got yesterday doesn't suffer the same fate, but if it does I'll at least know I'm not alone haha.

-Matt

Yeah, I have bought a few of them and never had an issue until this one. It was working perfect and just went dead. Oh well.
    07-24-14 04:34 PM
    Had the exact same problem after 9 months. Was replaced by the carrier and I'm getting my new one tomorrow. Sorry about your luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:44 PM
    Had the exact same problem after 9 months. Was replaced by the carrier and I'm getting my new one tomorrow. Sorry about your luck.

Posted via CB10

Yeah, unfortunately I bought my used and its a Telus that I unlocked and I am not the original owner. Blackberry has to change their warranty policy, that's why Apple is #1 in that department.
    07-24-14 05:06 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately I bought my used and its a Telus that I unlocked and I am not the original owner. Blackberry has to change their warranty policy, that's why Apple is #1 in that department.
    Have you tried contacting the seller since you must have done business with him/her more than once?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:38 PM
    Plug it into the wall and let charge for a while, then run a autoloader, if it doesnt connect right away hold the power button until it does,
    moody likes this.
    07-24-14 07:46 PM
    Well, my z30 went DOA today. It just died, I mean it just turned off, no LED, tried hard reset, hard restore.

The PC don't even see it and the USB port doesn't even see it. I tired everything, I bought it used in Canada and it was a Telus unlocked model and me not being the original owner, I am hosed.

This is what has to change with BlackBerry's warranty policy. If this was an iPhone and it still had warranty left on it, I could take it to the Apple store and get a new one.

Oh well, at least it worked for a couple of months before it died. Still makes me pissed off. Looks like I using something else until they launch the passport.

This time I will buy it new from Blackberry and the device will be registered in my name. As lesson learned, first time I had an issue with a z30 and I have bought a few used ones for friends and clients.
    Hey man... someone sold me an unlockable z30 from the Telus network and I just resold it.

It's unfortunate someone sold you that lemon because in its state you can't resell well.

I really feel for ya though.

If I were you I would take it apart and analyze the battery and its connectors.

Replacing the battery might work and be a cost effective option - if you watch some tutorials on YouTube it's quite easy and seeing as you have no warranty to void I would highly recommend this.

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-24-14 08:17 PM
    I agree w/ this ^^^

My motto is, if it's already broke and no warranty, I got nothing to lose by tinkering w/ It myself.

I rebuilt my son's HTC. Replace screen, digitizer, motherboard and camera. Worked great..... until he exposed it to high intensity steam for about 30 min.

Point being parts cost less than $50 on amazon and it worked.

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-24-14 08:27 PM
    I am going to take it to a friend who works on these and see if he can recover the thing, it's worth a shot.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-24-14 08:46 PM
    I am going to take it to a friend who works on these and see if he can recover the thing, it's worth a shot.

what have you tried to get it going, plug it in for awhile ,
    07-24-14 08:49 PM
    Have you tried contacting the seller since you must have done business with him/her more than once?

Posted via CB10
    I erased the sellers number by accident, I love buying from the folks in Canada, they are honest and trustworthy people. It's my fault I lost the number

07-24-14 08:50 PM