Any idea why it would be much slower over the last month or so? We both are on OS 10.3.1.2708 on Bell. She just updated to it today. So it was slow on the previous OS version and now the latest.

I looked at device monitor and nothing seems awry compared to my phone i.e. cpu monitor. No rogue app seems to be the problem.

For example loading the CTV News App takes a second for me, and 7 seconds for her. Her phone is sluggish loading Facebook and update of new information.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 01:26 PM
    have you tried wiping & reloading the OS yet.
    04-26-15 01:42 PM
    Not yet, hoping to avoid for her, never done it before, and then having to rebuild...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 01:47 PM
    Try simply rebooting the phone, though it seems you may have no choice but to wipe and reload.
    If you do, it's best to do through BlackBerry Link. Backup your device first but it's generally not ideal to load the backup if you do reload, since it will 'load your problems' with it.

Try to save all the useful information elsewhere, by hand or using a different backup application. Usually it's good if your contacts and calendars are saved on a cloud platform like Gmail or the likes.

Anyway.. good luck! Try the reboot first!
    04-26-15 02:33 PM
    Any idea why it would be much slower over the last month or so? We both are on OS 10.3.1.2708 on Bell. She just updated to it today. So it was slow on the previous OS version and now the latest.

I looked at device monitor and nothing seems awry compared to my phone i.e. cpu monitor. No rogue app seems to be the problem.

For example loading the CTV News App takes a second for me, and 7 seconds for her. Her phone is sluggish loading Facebook and update of new information.

Posted via CB10
    Try full backup > Security wipe.

Test out the phone and see how it responds to basic tasks after completing the setup.

If it works better, do a full restore, and hopefully the speed stays. If not, then you know what you have to do

Zwiped from my Zed10/10.3.1
    04-26-15 02:36 PM
    Thanks all, will wipe wifey's phone and start again...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:39 PM
    Thanks all, will wipe wifey's phone and start again...

Posted via CB10
    OS reload through BlackBerry link is the best way to go. The security wipe may not fix all issues.
    04-26-15 08:53 PM
    Thinking of reloading OS. What about passwords in password keeper? I have to somehow save those...

Man this is going to be a pain I think!

My wife is begging me to leave her phone alone because she doesn't want to rebuild from scratch and potentially lose information in the process of fixing her phone, but the delays are going to give her a bad experience and want to dump BB.
    04-26-15 09:56 PM
    Thinking of reloading OS. What about passwords in password keeper? I have to somehow save those...

My wife is begging me to leave her phone alone because she doesn't want to rebuild from scratch and potentially lose information in the process of fixing her phone, but the delays are going to give her a bad experience and want to dump BB.
    I always export passwords from Password Keeper to a file on my SD card. After loading new OS you can import them back to Password Keeper. Works like a charm for me. Hope all works out well for you and your wife's phone.

VZW Z30 STA 100-3/ 10.3.1.2708
    muindor likes this.
    04-26-15 10:52 PM

If you create a backup using BlackBerry Link it will save all of the information stored in Password Keeper. Alternatively, you can export the information to a file and store it on an SD card or transfer it to your computer, then restore and import the file once you've completed the wipe/reload process.
    04-27-15 07:51 AM
    I always export passwords from Password Keeper to a file on my SD card. After loading new OS you can import them back to Password Keeper. Works like a charm for me. Hope all works out well for you and your wife's phone.

VZW Z30 STA 100-3/ 10.3.1.2708
    Use export and import of Password Keeper as suggested here. A lot of people have problems doing selective restore from Link backup. If nothing else, it is a failsafe.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-15 09:42 AM
    Maybe wait till the OS finished settling down, give it a day or so, might change. Try removing the Micro SD card then try both reboots. Wiping and putting it back is abit of a risky business with Blackberry Link so good luck.
    04-27-15 09:58 AM
    If you backup password keeper to the cloud there's no need to save elsewhere as long as you use same BlackBerry ID and password when setting up again. Only need to do a restore demo cloud after signing in to password keeper with same password also.
    This is simpler than many think it is really. Do a phone contacts backup to your SIM first. Then do a device backup and OS restore through LINK (simplest but not best method in my opinion). After that, go ahead and set up your phone as if new. All your apps are tied in to BlackBerry ID on BlackBerry World and Amazon or Snap account through the cloud storage so no need to do a device restore if you don't have games with progress information. All emails will be restored anyway, so only pain is to arrange the apps how they were before.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:04 PM
    Whatever you do, don't use CTV app as a yardstick. I noticed it is really bad for slowing down with use. I don't know if it has a problem with memory leak, or cache management or whatever, but the longer I use it the slower it takes to open up. The difference becomes dramatic after a month or so. To fix that you simply need to delete it and reinstall it again. Takes 2 mins and fixes that problem.
    Last edited by Jar3kw; 04-27-15 at 05:27 PM.
    04-27-15 03:51 PM

First thing is first, do a FULL backup. If ever things get messy, restoring this will bring her phone back the way it was.

I would suggest trying to restore all except her settings actually. Usually that just means she will need to fix up her settings but at least all the apps will be there.

If the phones is acting up again after restoring everything EXCEPT settings, well then you gotta start from scratch.

Regarding password keeper, it has a save to cloud option. This will save all passwords to her BBID, so as soon as she signs onto it after the reload it will be good. No worries there.

She will lose all currently running bbm conversations though no matter what.

I suggest synchronizing her contacts and calendars with a cloud service like outlook or Gmail to ensure nothing important is lost and to make it easy to reload.

Unfortunately, saving contacts on your SIM doesn't always save all contacts nor all their info. I've had contacts who were never saved to sim no matter what I tried.

Anyway, it's worth doing it in my opinion. Some people are just fragile with technology and seemingly have very low standards of operation...
    04-27-15 05:30 PM