My first impressions: Z10 vs Z30
I had the Z10, and I've just upgraded to Z30. Here are my first impressions:
- The image quality on Z30 is not as good as the Z10. Having the same pictures or websites on the 2 phones, side by side, I notice the Z10 resolution is definitely better. After few days of use, I get used to the resolution, it looks fine. But again, not as good as Z10 or an iPhone.
- The biggest Z30 turn-off for me is no doubt the white color. It looks completely off, it looks......(hard to describe) bit blueish or yellowish. I have tried to re-adjust the white color in the settings, but they all look bad. Once again, you notice this issue when you compare two phones, side by side. If using Z30 alone, the problem is not as bad. I believe that a long-time Z30 user gets used to that, and don't be bothered anymore.
- Z30 is noticeably heavier than Z10. It's a bit heavy, at my taste. I don't feel comfortable when I use it on bed, with 2 hands upwards.
- It's hard to type with one hard: when reaching words on the far left side (q,w, a, s, z, etc.), I accidently touch the 'Enter' (or Send) button quite often. However, typing with 2 hands on Z30 is much better than the Z10.
- I like 5 rows of icons, instead of 4 in Z10.
- While Z30 is a fast device, I don't see a real difference from Z10.
- It's true that the battery is much better than the Z10.
Overall, being a person hard to satisfy, the Z30 brings me more disappointments than the positives.
- 05-05-14, 11:58 AM #2
The heaviness is due to the battery. It's a tradeoff. Either longer battery and more weight, or shorter battery and less weight.
Either way it would be a problem, but I think they went in the right direction with the longer battery life.
As for the screen, it's the only reason I didn't upgrade from my z10. If they would have bumped the rez and kept the same ppi I would have dumped the 600 bucks to get one.
No doubt it's a great phone, and if I had money to blow I'd get one in a heartbeat lol
I disagree with you though, when I saw the phone in person, I thought there were a lot more positives than negatives. The only negative I see on the device is the screen.
Posted via CB10
- 05-05-14, 06:15 PM #8
The screen is the only thing keeping me with the Z10. It's a tradeoff I can't do. Just had to get a rid of an 810 due to this same reason. I guess I stare too close at my phones.
Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-05-14, 08:16 PM #11
- 214 Posts
The screen on the Z30 is better than the Z10 for overall quality. The Z10 is stunning, but the Z30 has better colour and something silky about it, and yet, still so sharp. Play netflix on it. Using the auto brightness app to override the OS handling of the ambient sensor , you'll see that the Z30 can even look as bright as any phone out there, if not brighter. As for sharpness, the screen is tremendously sharp when you see it at the proper level of brightness, otherwise the impression is lower due to it being duller.
Posted via CB10
- 05-05-14, 08:24 PM #12
I have the Q10, Z10, and Z30, as well as the S4 and 5s. If the physical QWERTY keyboard is not a make or break deal for you, spend a week with the Z30 - I'd estimate that 80-90% wouldn't go back to another phone. The Z30 is an amazing beast of a phone.
I use this phone everywhere, all day every day. Indoors, outdoors, direct sun or shade, it never disappoints. Bluetooth and WiFi are on all of the time and all of my business calls are routed to it. Browsing, email, text, Video chat, parts ordering, technical research, pay bills, banking, scanning and uploading documents, social posting, I do almost everything on this phone. Unless I'm doing some serious document creating, it has all but replaced my laptop.
I keep hearing about the screen and how it is not bright enough. It is obviously not as bright as the S4, 5s, or Z10, but everyone using those phones have to turn down the brightness in order to make it through the day. So, what's the difference? The Z10 gets brighter, but you can't use it at that level or the battery dies. So you've got a phone that has a feature you don't dare use. That's really great. My Z30 has just told me it needs to be charged (20%) after twelve hours of heavy use with the display set to 50% when indoors and 100% when outdoors (about a 60/30 ratio). My Z10 experiencing this type of use is on its second battery and that one is on its way out.
All of these phones have their good and bad points, but if you are a really heavy phone user, the Z30 is the best thing going, as far as an over all package. Just haven't found much that it won't handle.
I use my mobile phone as a business tool and have for years. I've owned all types and brands of mobile phones in the last ~25 years. Overall, this is the best phone I have ever owned, period.
Posted via CB10
- 05-07-14, 09:30 PM #18
Posted via CB10 for Z30
- By Diirge in forum App AnnouncementsReplies: 267Last Post: 07-25-15, 06:45 AM
- By LoneStarRed in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 98Last Post: 10-15-14, 05:24 PM
- By Samuele1996 in forum BlackBerry 10 AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-14, 03:18 AM
- By d987654321 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-05-14, 01:17 PM