I listen to podcasts with ads in them, android had apps where you could fast forward and pause the audio without having to unlock the screen. Does BB offer anything like this? Obviously the android app doesn't work on the BB10 lock screen.
    10-15-14 07:16 PM
    You can set to use the volume rocker keys to change to next and previous track (pressing and holding volume up and down respectively) and the mute key to pause a track - this without turning on the screen or unlocking the device. Sadly there isn't a way to fast forward - at least not without a 3rd party app (if available).

When I listen to long tracks I wish I could fast forward at times. But, the features above come in handy for regular tracks, especially while driving.

emPowered by ?
    10-15-14 08:26 PM
    Anything that behaves as a music player will work the same on BB10, Android or not.

I have Podcasts (native) and Audible (android) here. While either is playing, holding the vol+ skips to the next track, holding vol- skips to the previous track and the mute buttom pauses/plays the audio.

And they all work while my screen is locked and shut off.

10-15-14 08:27 PM
    There are no shortage of skipping forward to the next track or backwards to the previous track but there are NONE that fast forward or rewind WITHIN the track. I am listening to podcasts with ads that I am trying to fast forward through what good would jumping to the next track do me?
    Anything that behaves as a music player will work the same on BB10, Android or not.

I have Podcasts (native) and Audible (android) here. While either is playing, holding the vol+ skips to the next track, holding vol- skips to the previous track and the mute buttom pauses/plays the audio.

And they all work while my screen is locked and shut off.

10-15-14 10:28 PM