05-08-14 04:14 PM
    A little dry but good info!
    05-08-14 06:48 PM
    Funny enough, Paratek antennas aren't exactly new.

http://www.chipworks.com/en/technica...=en&Itemid=815

Other Chips
    We had one of our readers spot another really good chip story, and one that perhaps helps to differentiate Blackberry in terms of their vertical integration and wireless capabilities. There are three impedance matched BST (Barium Strontium Titanate) ICs that were developed by a company called Paratek, which was acquired by RIM in March 2012 (the orange devices at right). They play a key role in tuning the antenna. One of the investors in Paratek calls the solution a. ?game changer by allowing users to upload data faster and experience fewer dropped calls.?

The BST devices allow for the antenna tuning to be optimized depending upon conditions, thus making them adaptive. Voltages to the BST tuner IC?s are modified to maximize tuner efficiency, thus saving power and reducing dropped calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:53 PM
    Does z10 use the same chip as z30 of Paratek?!
    05-09-14 12:50 AM
    Does z10 use the same chip as z30 of Paratek?!
    the answer is NO. only the Z30 uses the chipset & the radio data which is designed and manufactured by Paratek. however in general, all BB10 phones are designed to keep you moving, meaning that comparing BB10 phones against the others, you should get more bars in more places, better connectivity, fewer blind spots but just the Z30 brings that to the next.. next... next level with the Paratek inside.
    05-09-14 01:21 AM
    Okay cool.... this is the news I want to know

but I would like to have more infos of the Paratek things in z30
    05-09-14 01:53 AM
    Weird that they didn't use paratek in all their mid to top devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:57 AM
    BlackBerry needs Paratek Technologie in every new Smartphone I think... because the Radio Technology is very important for business user...
    05-09-14 02:44 AM
    Does this antenna keep a lower signal until it needs more. I have been watching my signal and it seems to sit at the lowest bar most if the time and periodically jumping to full signals. This is in the same spot and me not moving. When I use the phone it immediately jumps to full bar. I have been having some phone calls go directly to voice-mail lately and am wondering if I have a bad antenna.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 07:57 AM
    BlackBerry needs Paratek Technologie in every new Smartphone I think... because the Radio Technology is very important for business user...
    the TRUTH is Blackberry phones that i know of in the USA have always been far superior in signal strength. In buildings, rural areas, everywhere there is a challenge. Blackberry have always had better antennas and the Z10 has a great one. I am sure the Para whatever was just another selling point. I dont miss it and I drive all over in a rural area and in buildings. The Z10 works very good.
    05-19-14 08:40 AM
    The z30 antenna is definetly much better than the one in the z10... You see this point in 4G or 3G Networks much more than in 2G Networks... And yes the paratek antenna saves battery....

so the best antenna is in a z30...

I am a proud owner of a z30 you see
    05-19-14 09:35 AM