I upgraded the firmware on my WDTV Live recently to the latest release. I noticed this FW added Miracast support so I decided to test it out on my Z30 running 10.2.1. The first time I tried screen mirroring it worked flawlessly. Each time after that I get an error on my WDTV that says:

"The wireless display connection was disconnected unexpectedly due to a poor connection. Please check your wireless connection and try again."

The WDTV Live can see my BlackBerry as it shows the name of the device on the TV screen. But the arrow just spins and spins and it never connects.

On my Z30, the attempt to connect to the WDTV Live gives me this:

"Unable to scan: To discover other miracast devices that you can play on, disconnect from the miracast device that you are currently connected to."

The funny thing is, I am not connected to any miracast device.

I am using a DLINK DIR-655 router and my wirless connection to the router with my Z30 and WDTV Live is perfect.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've Googled and it seems a lot of folks are having this issue with their WDTV live but there appears to be no solution.
    11-10-14 12:17 AM
    I have the same setup and I have no issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:44 AM
    I have the same setup and I have no issues.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Kalliedog. Any chance you can post the OS/firmware versions of your gear?

I'm running the WDTV Live with firmware 2.02.32
    My Z30 has 10.2.1.3062 (10.2.1.3442 OS Version)
    My DLINK has firmware version 1.35NA and hardware version A3

Thanks!

Update: I reset the box and setup everything from scratch. Miricast seems to be working consistently now. I tried screen sharing 6 times, and all 6 connected. I turned off the WD and back on as a test. No issue yet. I'll report back again if there are any further issues.
    Last edited by LuvULongTime; 11-10-14 at 11:39 AM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-10-14 10:42 AM
    Hey guys, thanks for posting here. I also have the WDTV Live, and the Z30. I did not know the new firmware which I already had on my WDTV supported Miracast...!!! Woohoo!!!

And it is working just fine!!!

I should also mention to Mr. or Miss "Love You Long Time" that the settings on your home wifi router aren't relevant here. When you connect using Miracast, your phone and your WDTV form their own private wifi network to communicate with each other.

If you have the Z10, it doesn't have Miracast... but it is DLNA-compliant. So, if you have a tv or media centre that is also DLNA compliant, you can play your Z10's videos or songs or photos on that other device... but only if both your phone and your other device are connected to the same wifi network. In that case, you would need to ensure your router has the latest firmware.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:31 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for posting here. I also have the WDTV Live, and the Z30. I did not know the new firmware which I already had on my WDTV supported Miracast...!!! Woohoo!!!

And it is working just fine!!!

I should also mention to Mr. or Miss "Love You Long Time" that the settings on your home wifi router aren't relevant here. When you connect using Miracast, your phone and your WDTV form their own private wifi network to communicate with each other.

If you have the Z10, it doesn't have Miracast... but it is DLNA-compliant. So, if you have a tv or media centre that is also DLNA compliant, you can play your Z10's videos or songs or photos on that other device... but only if both your phone and your other device are connected to the same wifi network. In that case, you would need to ensure your router has the latest firmware.

Posted via CB10
    It's Mr.

And thank you for clarifying the relevancy (or lack there of) of the router in the equation. I thought that was the case. But in my Google searching some folks were still wondering if it was playing a role.

After resetting my WDTV and setting it up from scratch with the latest FW all seems to be working well now.
    11-10-14 12:56 PM
    Tested WD Live (on Firmware 2.02.32) with Z30 working great. In all the excitement I forgot to test with the Passport! Will try that tonight.
    11-18-14 11:02 AM
    Tested WD Live (on Firmware 2.02.32) with Z30 working great. In all the excitement I forgot to test with the Passport! Will try that tonight.
    It should work for you cuz it is working fine for us using the Passport in our family.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:07 PM
    I have an hdmi to micro cable that works very well with my BB PBs to a newish ViewSonic monitor. When I use this cable with my Z30, the connection is intermittent. This seems to say that my Z30 hdmi out connector is bad. Does the who-ha subject / method of this thread involve the hdmi out of the Z30 ? Desperate in Texas, Doc Neutron
    11-19-14 08:47 AM
    Yup wdtvlive just got dusted off and new life since the miracast update. Both my z30 10.2 and Passport 10.3 connect. There is a bit of a delay while it connects but works fine.

My amazon fire TV has miracast support but still unable to connect my Passport to it. Passport finds it, fire TV, recognises the Passport but it just doesn't connect.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:14 AM
    Yup wdtvlive just got dusted off and new life since the miracast update. Both my z30 10.2 and Passport 10.3 connect. There is a bit of a delay while it connects but works fine.

My amazon fire TV has miracast support but still unable to connect my Passport to it. Passport finds it, fire TV, recognises the Passport but it just doesn't connect.

Posted via CB10
    I have two and they will be getting dusted off as well.

I also have a Fire TV and it doesn't work for me either.
    11-19-14 10:05 AM
    I have an hdmi to micro cable that works very well with my BB PBs to a newish ViewSonic monitor. When I use this cable with my Z30, the connection is intermittent. This seems to say that my Z30 hdmi out connector is bad. Does the who-ha subject / method of this thread involve the hdmi out of the Z30 ? Desperate in Texas, Doc Neutron
    Miracast is wireless so it does not use the HDMI out. With that said I did test my hdmi out separately and the connection was also wonky on my phone. I had to fiddle with the cable to get it to work. I definitely did not work as well as the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-14 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Was Miracast supported out of the box? If not, and it was part of a FW upgrade, I would try wiping and reloading the amazon fire. As soon as I did this with my wdtv everything worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:19 AM
    I've used the HDMI cable on both my PlayBook and my Z10 and my Z30. Slides in smoothly and stays connected quite securely as long as you don't move the device around too, too much.

Sorry to hear yours are wobbly.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:19 AM
    My LG TV does this too. I just delete the info and pair it again... but it does it to all my mircast products. So pretty sure it's LGS fault

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    11-19-14 10:28 AM
    Was Miracast supported out of the box? If not, and it was part of a FW upgrade, I would try wiping and reloading the amazon fire. As soon as I did this with my wdtv everything worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure. I just stumbled on the miracast on the amazon. It's called display mirroring on the fire TV under settings.
    Not gonna wipe the amazon as I have set it up with Kodi and I did a lot of customisation. Not worth it to get the miracast plus amazon TV has a bunch of apps that do miracast for my tablet or phone.

WDTV for now is my go to for miracast and DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-19-14 12:13 PM
    Not sure. I just stumbled on the miracast on the amazon. It's called display mirroring on the fire TV under settings.
    Not gonna wipe the amazon as I have set it up with Kodi and I did a lot of customisation. Not worth it to get the miracast plus amazon TV has a bunch of apps that do miracast for my tablet or phone.

WDTV for now is my go to for miracast and DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    It won't work anyway. I ran through a bunch of stuff on mine and could never get it to work.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-19-14 02:25 PM
    It won't work anyway. I ran through a bunch of stuff on mine and could never get it to work.
    Thanks. That will save me a whole lot of time.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 03:49 PM
    Thank you so much!!! My aim is to goad my eldest son, an entrenched iPhone user. My attack will be thru my grandchildren. Heh, heh, heh. Doc Neutron

OK, most stores in Conroe Texas do not know what Miracast is. However, gulp, Best Buy sold me a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. It is a black brick with two outputs, hdmi and usb. I have a newish ViewSonic with 2 hdmi ports and no usb ports; also, an old Aquos HDTV with two hdmi ports and no usb ports. (A gift from my youngest son.) I fumbled around for hours. (RTFM would not have worked, since the enclosed documentation was lame and/or the internet were not useful.) Plan B was always Amazon, but I kept beating on it. Finally, a light bulb flashed on: the usb adapter may allow for future firmware fixes, but..... I grabbed an AC to usb plug from my pile of older BB stuff. When I plugged the WDA usb into this usb AC, whoa, is workie. My photos and videos are great. Surfing is great. Onliest problem: no sound from Neutron app, as yet. May this Microsoft Wireless Display adapter blast a huge hole in the Apple Walled Garden !!!
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 11-20-14 at 07:04 PM. Reason: more info
    11-20-14 08:21 AM