On the passport thread " who would buy a passport" I responded with this:
    I'm very intrigued by it for the following reasons:
    1: Works as a smartphone
    2: Works as a tablet
    3: Works as a PC
    Three maybe a bit of a stretch for some but I bet it could do 90% of what I need, maybe even 100% with a RDP. We shall see in Sept.

But then I thought well, except for the KB & Track Pad the Z30 with usb otg, big screen, miracast etc might be just as capable as what the passport could be.
    What do you current Z30'ers think?
    07-06-14 09:30 PM
    Totally apples and oranges comparison. Although the Passport should be significantly faster than the Z30 when it's released due to the upgraded internals.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:52 PM
    The 5" form factor nearly makes it a tablet replacement for me. It is a big enough screen I do not feel the need to reach for a PlayBook or iPad for most tasks. In fact - I sold my PlayBook to fund it's purchase. I haven't looked back!

As for a workstation replacement, USB OTG is great - I have used it during travel for transferring photos from my camera to my Z30 as a backup. I typed a 20 page travel blog directly on my Z30. Although I brought my NetBook with me on that trip - it was never powered on due to my Z30 handling all of these typical tasks! Micro HDMI is phenomenal for hooking things up to the big screen - I was able to preview photos, and have impromptu sideshows in the hotel room before our trip was even over.

I am still considering the Passport though... as the keyboard is very intriguing! Having more precision with the trackpad functionality would really add to the mobile computing aspects for me. To be able to RDP and effectively use a mouse cursor would be amazing with the size of the Passport's screen.

All that said - I am prepared to keep my Z30 if a hands on with the Passport doesn't live up to my expectations.

Posted via CB10
    last_attempt likes this.
    07-06-14 10:02 PM
    They're totally different. The only commonality is BlackBerry 10. The experience of using a Passport will be different than the Z30. They're both great, but they're quite different experiences.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:53 AM