Sorry if this issue has been mentioned many times before but am a new Z30 owner and just spent a half hour reading up on call volume. I can't find a fix. Just got my Z30 yesterday and just made my first 2 calls this morning. The person on the other end was not very loud and had to leave a restaurant to hear them. This is unacceptable for a like new Z30 and wondered if there is a fix.

I am on verizon and got this phone off eBay in perfect shape. It was only used a month and this call volume may have been the reason. I am on 10.2.1.2991.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:19 PM
    You are on the latest official Verizon OS release. But you're free to use any OS version you want, so you might consider loading a different OS with the hope it will have better audio quality.

An immediate thing you can do is go into phone- settings-call audio and change the setting to treble boost. That should help.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    03-28-15 02:07 PM
    Sorry if this issue has been mentioned many times before but am a new Z30 owner and just spent a half hour reading up on call volume. I can't find a fix. Just got my Z30 yesterday and just made my first 2 calls this morning. The person on the other end was not very loud and had to leave a restaurant to hear them. This is unacceptable for a like new Z30 and wondered if there is a fix.

I am on verizon and got this phone off eBay in perfect shape. It was only used a month and this call volume may have been the reason. I am on 10.2.1.2991.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to restart the phone (see below)

Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests.

You could also investigate a newer OS. Have you checked for OS updates in the main Settings? Or even load a newer os that Verizon has not released by other carriers have.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    03-28-15 02:15 PM
    Unfortunately, I had the same issue on my brand new Z30 and the refurbished one they sent me corrected the problem, same OS and all, but its a know issue

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:31 PM