I have 32gb SanDisk memory card. From last 2 months it doesn't work. I am facing problem in pasting files, from z30's internal memory to memory card. Every time files are stopped pasting after 72mb.

I have tried to erase memory card from my BlackBerry z30 but I failed every time. I formatted memory card several times in my z30 and from PC. But it doesn't work in my z30.

But memory card is working very well in Android phones and also on PC.

I tried security wipe, but problem is still.

Some apps doesn't show the memory card inserted In device, but every time memory card inserted and removed message is shown on the screen, and it also shown in the file manager.

Anyone have any solution , please help me

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 01:24 AM
    Sometimes SD cards get partitioned oddly and can't be fixed using standard formatting tools.

Try using Windows Diskpart from a command prompt:
    How to ?Clean? a Flash Drive, SD Card, or Internal Drive to Fix Partition and Capacity Problems

Then format using a tool from the SD Card Association:
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

Make sure it is formatted with FAT32 for compatibility.
    08-07-16 02:03 AM
    I formatted memory card with first step it was formatted completely but it can not work,(FAT32 is used)

I formatted memory card with sd crd formatter ,
    I used option quick format, and full format, and memory card is formatted by these options.

But it did not formatted by "over write " formatting option .

Now the memory card has same problem while pasting data to it. It does not paste data more than 50mb now in BlackBerry z30.

But it working good (with slow speed) in Android device or on PC.

What is the solution now??

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 07:21 AM
    What BB10 OS are you using on your Z30?
    08-16-16 02:04 PM
    OS version 10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 07:45 PM
    Other memory cards are working in my z30

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 08:36 PM
    Try changing the format on the 32gb SD card from FAT32 to exFAT via your computer.
    If that change still causes it to fail in your Z30, then I would suspect there is an issue with that card.
    If your computer doesn't have that option or the SD Formatter utility wont let you, use Rufus:
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

When you first insert a exFAT SD card in your Z30, it may prompt you to download the exFAT drivers, allow it to do so.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-17-16 04:34 AM
    Odd. I had a slightly similar issue with a pair of PNY micro SDHC 128GB cards both in a Z30, a Surface Pro 3 and another laptop. I was trying to move the contents of a 64Gd onto the new 128 but all of the devices said that both of the new PNY cards only had 29.3GB free! I tried to reformat it with no success. My old Windows 7/64 laptop saw it as having 119GB so I was at least able to do the transfer and then of course it was painfully slow since I only have USB 2.0, so what would've been less than 20 minutes took three hours!

I still don't know what caused the two newest laptops to be unable to see the correct size of the cards. Maybe there's a general issue in how some devices are able to read the cards from certain manufacturers?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-18-16 06:38 AM
    Odd. I had a slightly similar issue with a pair of PNY micro SDHC 128GB cards both in a Z30, a Surface Pro 3 and another laptop. I was trying to move the contents of a 64Gd onto the new 128 but all of the devices said that both of the new PNY cards only had 29.3GB free! I tried to reformat it with no success. My old Windows 7/64 laptop saw it as having 119GB so I was at least able to do the transfer and then of course it was painfully slow since I only have USB 2.0, so what would've been less than 20 minutes took three hours!

I still don't know what caused the two newest laptops to be unable to see the correct size of the cards. Maybe there's a general issue in how some devices are able to read the cards from certain manufacturers?

SD cards over 32GB are formatted in exFAT by default.
    exFAT isn't visible to all versions of computer/tablet operating systems properly unless the correct drivers are installed.
    Modern Windows and OSX operating systems have built in support, but you can still run into issues with those systems improperly handling exFAT cards/drives due to glitches.

Also, SD cards have a secondary "protected" sector formatted into it which handles the security end of the cards features (SD = Secure Digital). Formatting these cards without using an SD approved formatting utility can over write this sector which then can cause errors.
    See:
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
    08-18-16 08:27 AM
    Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-19-16 04:48 AM
    Not trying to poke fun at you, I'm genuinely curious. Did you post something that my Q10 failed to display? Or accidentally make a blank post?

08-22-16 01:28 PM
    Not trying to poke fun at you, I'm genuinely curious. Did you post something that my Q10 failed to display? Or accidentally make a blank post?

I accidentally made a blank post

08-22-16 10:31 PM
    There was problem in my memory card. I complained about it to SanDisk, and they replaced my old memory card with new one. Today I received it and now there is no problem.
    And Thanks to all of you for helping me with your ideas.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-18-16 08:09 PM