Hi friends, got my z30 sta100-2 sw release 10.2.1.2977 here that i brought along during my holidays, here is the problem I have, after a long day at at shopping etc. I came home looking for my music and pictures but none of them is available (gone). I thought okay, the media card is screwed so it might need a restart and to to reinsert the sd card. But both didnt helped, I checked my pictures again and actually there are some pictures but only after a certain time of today. There are no music (i had a couple hundreds, just this afternoon I was playing music for my daughter. So whatever happened, it happened after that.

Okay so sometimes i forgot to lock the screren and just put it in my pocket, causing it to take pictures in the dark and sending strange empty emails to myself but no biggie and it was rare. Just that when this happened, i look at my media card and it is completely empty, just the recent pictures i had was the only thing left. The music was left with the original playlist but no music files. There are no videos where it should have alot more and there's thousands pictures (unfortunately some are not backed up yet).

Anyhow, i was wondering if any of you guys have some answers;
    1. How do i check a system log where i can see if there's a format media card command being issued?
    2. Is there any other explanation why this would happen? Surely its not a OS bug?
    3. When i get back, i would use recuva or similar recovery file software. So i should stop my activities in this sd card for now?

Many thanks, still bewildered to imagine my pocket somehow made my phone go "format my media card", surely its too much of a coinsidence. Oh yes my son was playing on it but he doesnt know how to format the media player so it shouldnt be him and it was before i was playing music with my daughter. i'll add more details once i gather my thoughts on this, thanks in advance.
    07-16-14 10:48 AM
    1. How do i check a system log where i can see if there's a format media card command being issued?
    2. Is there any other explanation why this would happen? Surely its not a OS bug?
    3. When i get back, i would use recuva or similar recovery file software. So i should stop my activities in this sd card for now?
    1) Sorry I don't remember the process for creating a LOG file... did it once with tech support. Maybe other will know.

2) Have see a few others with Z30 report problems with the SD card. Of course it could be a SD card bug. You might want to search Z30 and SD Card to see how common it is, and what type cards were being used. While possible you went through the steps to reformat the card while it was in your pocket ... I wouldn't like the odds...

3) Yes the more you use the SD card, the more info that is overwritten.
    07-16-14 11:11 AM
    Remove the SD card and put it in a laptop card reader, then check to see if your files are intact.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-16-14 12:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies, going to be back home in 2 days & check using my computer to see what comes out. Still dumbfounded on what actually happened.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:45 AM
    Just a precaution don't try to take any more pictures or put stuff on you sdcard.. if your files are indeed deleted you might overwrite them with the new files thus making them irrecoverable.

If the files are deleted you can still recover almost everything just make sure you don't overwrite anything.

Also, I would be very interested in the kind of sd card you have. So many times cheap sd cards just ruins everything.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 01:03 AM
    Just a precaution don't try to take any more pictures or put stuff on you sdcard.. if your files are indeed deleted you might overwrite them with the new files thus making them irrecoverable.

If the files are deleted you can still recover almost everything just make sure you don't overwrite anything.

Also, I would be very interested in the kind of sd card you have. So many times cheap sd cards just ruins everything.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Sandisk class 10 16 GB, bought from my regular computer supplier about a year ago when I bought my z10, guaranteed real thing. There's no error just it just empty, just like new. I'm moving my pictures to my phone until i get back, thanks for the tips people.
    07-17-14 11:37 AM
    Well I got nothing from Recuva and Recover My Files ( both have given good results in the past ), well it's Blackberry we're talking here. They format well ... thanks for the help.
    07-19-14 08:02 PM
    That's very unfortunate..
    I have you tried any different application?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 03:32 AM
    Watch this video tutorial to know how to recover files on formatted SD card
    07-21-14 06:27 AM
    If you want to recover data from formatted media card then use data recovery tool, It is available free and paid, Some free tool like recuva data recovery and Paid software like Kernel for windows Data Recovery software.
    07-22-14 06:52 AM