What is the availability and quality of Z30 maps for Mexico. GPS?

Thanks
    06-26-15 10:14 AM
    Presumably the stock maps are fine. You can also sideload the Android Google Maps app.

The onboard GPS works wherever you get GPS coverage.

I live in New Zealand and don't have any problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:04 AM
    What is the availability and quality of Z30 maps for Mexico. GPS?

Thanks
    For Mexico City and travelling to other States, I find Google Maps to be very efficient and 99% of the times accurate to calculate ETAs. You can get it by sideloading Snap or installing the Google Play Store (Look for Cobalt's thread on it).

The stock BlackBerry Maps app is decent, but unfortunately sometimes routes are not optimised for traffic conditions or not updated, specially with recently closed streets. If you move around main areas or downtown it should be fine, although it lacks in having several sites identified.

You can also get Waze for the Z30 from BlackBerry World. It used to be ok last year when I had the Z30, not sure now, as I've discarded it for a Google Maps-BlackBerry Maps combined use on my Passport (thanks to Cobalt's patched Google ID app, I can view and star places in Google Maps with my account).

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    06-28-15 01:16 AM
    Is the GPS on the Z30 aGPS (assisted GPS using cell towers) or a true GPS using satellites?

Any topographic apps/maps and GPS devices (if the previous answer is aGPS) for people backpacking?

The reason I ask is I could download Canada Topographic maps for free and I used the digital elf GPS receiver on my iPhone (just switched back to BB).

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:55 PM