Been dealing with what i think is malicious code for the past two weeks. It came in, and continues to, by text message. I've deleted this thing a hundred or more times and it continues. Messing up my BBZ30. I've ran all kinds of of programs and have had some meek successs, but it continues to come in. I took my sd card out and am preparing to wipe my phone. Scanned my SDcard and its good. thought I'de check with you guys before i wipe. Been with BB forever and will continue. This is a first. Any suggestions?

Here's the mess, //VVM TATUS T=V;rc=2 These represents smiley faces with a frown. HELP PLEASE!
    01-24-17 01:30 PM
    Check with you cell carrier before you wipe the Z30....
    "V V M" may stand for Visual Voice Mail by which you are sent a text message of a phone call Voice Mail (Speech to Text).
    It may be your carrier has enable or disabled this feature without letting you know about it or having it setup or turned off on your Z30, and the //VVM STATUS stuff is the "error"

EDIT: See http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ssage-1041488/

EDIT2: The reason your text message has the confused smiley is because text messaging translates a Colon and a letter S with no space between it into a . As in the ":S" in VVM:STATUS:ST=V becomes in texting. Type a :S in a new text message and tap space to see this yourself.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 01-24-17 at 02:52 PM.
    01-24-17 02:01 PM
    That's weird virus.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 02:31 PM
    That's weird virus.

Posted via CB10
    Not a virus.
    It's a configuration "error" between the OP's cell carrier and the OP's Z30 for the Visual Voice Mail feature.

My carrier Verizon rolled out Visual Voice Mail feature for all smart phone users as default recently, this required also activating it on my Z30. If I didn't activate it, I would have been getting those weird "text codes" messages too.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 01-24-17 at 02:48 PM.
    01-24-17 02:38 PM
    Called carrier and u may be right. Since the text has been coming I no longer have the category of Visual Voice mail on my phone. They are on it and will get back to me. Thanks so much!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-24-17 03:12 PM
    Called carrier and u may be right. Since the text has been coming I no longer have the category of Visual Voice mail on my phone. They are on it and will get back to me. Thanks so much!
    Launch the Setup app on the Z30, it should be in there.... just scroll down a bit.
    01-24-17 04:18 PM
    I use to get something similar when I'd jump from OS to OS. When I'd use my iPhone and then switch to my BlackBerry 10 devices AT&T required a call to do an IMEI swap and provision the data correctly. Once the quick swap was made I'd get a similar text that like that representing VVM activation with the carrier versus Apple VVM which is baked in.
    01-29-17 11:39 AM