Hate to be "that guy" but I'm becoming frustrated that BlackBerry hasn't come up with a newer version of the Z30 with better specs. Seriously considering the iPhone 6S. Holding out hope BlackBerry will introduce an upgrade of the Z30 but I'm not holding my breath. If not, after 7 years it may be finally time to leave BlackBerry altogether. The Venice slider doesn't intrigue me at all. Neither does the Passport. Here's hoping Lord Chen hears my pleas for a Z30 upgrade ASAP. Don't push me away, BlackBerry. I love BB10 but I want better specs & hardware. Also, BB10 could use a radical makeover. At least give us a dark Hub & different fonts. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    devin266, lift, limabo and 1 others like this.
    09-10-15 09:34 AM
    Do one is pushing, you are the one thinking of moving. The Z30 is a good phone, it is 2 years old and has served me exceptionally well. If you want to leave, bibi, it's your choice.

 Pr1ngle
    09-10-15 09:50 AM
    Buy whatever you want. If you aren't satisfied then you are welcome back.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    09-10-15 09:55 AM
    I wouldn't tell anyone about that kind of problem. Doesn't sound good on you. Your bored so buy a tablet and play with that. Nothing wrong here.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    09-10-15 11:34 AM
    At least give us a dark Hub & different fonts. Ugh.
    Dark Hub , lol
    09-10-15 11:37 AM
    Be prepared for extremely good battery life...
    17xxmah battery on such a phone is just bad.

But i do understand that there is no new all touch phone with updated specs. And that is BlackBerry their mistake.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 12:42 PM
    Dark Hub , lol
    I think a dark hub on the Z30 would be awesome personally.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    09-10-15 04:12 PM
    I think a dark hub on the Z30 would be awesome personally.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    I'm just laughing a bit because not having this "feature" would NOT be a deal breaker for me to leave BB. I mean, c'mon . A deal breaker for me would be no File Manager , no Hub , no awesome keyboard etc etc. The "Dark Hub" is superficial IMHO. Kind of like not having my phone run on a "Hypervisor". We have many more important things to worry about than this. My opinion, only of course.
    09-10-15 04:21 PM
    Do it! I have both. No problem having two.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:50 PM
    I'm just laughing a bit because not having this "feature" would NOT be a deal breaker for me to leave BB. I mean, c'mon . A deal breaker for me would be no File Manager , no Hub , no awesome keyboard etc etc. The "Dark Hub" is superficial IMHO. Kind of like not having my phone run on a "Hypervisor". We have many more important things to worry about than this. My opinion, only of course.
    Never said I'd leave due to lack of Dark Hub. It's a feature I'd like to see on BB10. As you were.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:20 PM
    Do one is pushing, you are the one thinking of moving. The Z30 is a good phone, it is 2 years old and has served me exceptionally well. If you want to leave, bibi, it's your choice.

 Pr1ngle
    I love the Z30. However, I was hoping that BlackBerry would offer an upgraded model. Particularly one with better internal memory & a better camera.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:22 PM
    I wouldn't tell anyone about that kind of problem. Doesn't sound good on you. Your bored so buy a tablet and play with that. Nothing wrong here.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    Already have a tablet. I'm looking for a better phone experience. Thanks for playing.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:23 PM
    It's your $1000 buks. Do what you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:55 PM
    I love the Z30. However, I was hoping that BlackBerry would offer an upgraded model. Particularly one with better internal memory & a better camera.

Posted via CB10
    They are -- Venice

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:56 PM
    Follow your conscious...If you want the 6S go for it. The masses will smile at you because you are now with the "majority". Money was no objective for me to buy an unlock I phone or S6 but I brought a new Z30. Why? First ever Blackberry phone and I could not be happier. Awesome O.S.,good build quality, security, unique features such as the hub, and predictive text and a dedicated and loyal fan base. I own a small business and this phone fits my personality to a T...GET WORK DONE SON. Remember that Blackberry is digging out of a hole. Some of the resources are being directed towards software to make money and survive. Resources are not available to churn out multiple new handsets with top specs every 6 months like Apple and Samsung. (Passport is very good) I believe Blackberry will not leave the phone business but will produce about two high end phones per year. Lower spec phones like the leap will go the way of the Dodo bird due to the large market of low spec phones in the marketplace. Good luck in your endeavors.

P.S. When I was setting up the Z30 inside of an AT&T store. The rep who owned a I Phone 6 Plus was blown away by the Z30. His first time seeing one and he raved about how fluid it was and the build quality. Like my Wisconsin Badgers motto...(Make em Believe!)
    Last edited by Bay 13; 09-10-15 at 09:29 PM.
    09-10-15 09:02 PM
    There is a direct relation to how much money you make and what kind of phone you use.
    09-10-15 09:49 PM
    Do it! I have both. No problem having two.

Posted via CB10
    You can't have an iPhone 6S, unless you made a pact with the devil. It is not available yet ;-).

Q10/10.3.2
    09-10-15 09:54 PM
    Really? Elaborate please. I see at risk kids running around with newer I phones with no jobs. I know folks with close to six figure incomes who buy two year old Blackberry phones discounted off contract, who could easily pay $700.00 for an I phone unlocked off contract. I see in some markets where I live 5 out of 10 folks (50%) losing homes because they can not afford them but has a new BMW in the driveway. I do not always see a direct correlation between income and the kind of phone a person may have. Read "Millionaire Next Door" by Thomas Stanley....most millionaires live well below there means.
    nhanken, gallopiton and vwracing like this.
    09-10-15 10:11 PM
    I see lots of people on social assistance aka welfare using iPhones when they come to buy prescriptions. Does that mean anything? I'm always baffled to see some of these people who don't have jobs and sitting on social assistances yet they get to use newer models of iPhones and high end Android phones.

There is a direct relation to how much money you make and what kind of phone you use.
    I totally agree with you and I don't get the notion how Apple makes the average Joe think that the iPhone is a luxury item to have. Gotta give two thumbs up to Apple's marketing department.

Really? Elaborate please. I see at risk kids running around with newer I phones with no jobs. I know folks with close to six figure incomes who buy two year old Blackberry phones discounted off contract, who could easily pay $700.00 for an I phone unlocked off contract. I see in some markets where I live 5 out of 10 folks (50%) losing homes because they can not afford them but has a new BMW in the driveway. I do not always see a direct correlation between income and the kind of phone a person may have. Read "Millionaire Next Door" by Thomas Stanley....most millionaires live well below there means.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    stevie_wonder likes this.
    09-10-15 10:41 PM
    Honestly what is impressive about the iPhone 6s? Even the media yawned which is surprising because Apple advertises so much. The media is usually gurgling with Apple marketing mouthwash for fear of biting the hand that feeds them. Apple is just not that impressive, innovative and their products are grossly overpriced. What does and iPhone 6s do that your Z30 cannot? My employee with her iPhone 6 marvels at the efficiency and multitasking capabilities of my Z30.

It's going to be real interesting now that Apple will be competing directly with carriers who made the iPhone happen. Apple cannot win a price war with Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:08 PM
    Honestly what is impressive about the iPhone 6s? Even the media yawned which is surprising because Apple advertises so much. The media is usually gurgling with Apple marketing mouthwash for fear of biting the hand that feeds them. Apple is just not that impressive, innovative and their products are grossly overpriced. What does and iPhone 6s do that your Z30 cannot? My employee with her iPhone 6 marvels at the efficiency and multitasking capabilities of my Z30.

It's going to be real interesting now that Apple will be competing directly with carriers who made the iPhone happen. Apple cannot win a price war with Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z30, Z10, and an iPhone 6+, so a multi-phone approach leaves all of your bases covered!!

That said, the iPhone 6+ is easily the best all-around smartphone experience I�ve ever had, even including high-end Androids like the HTC One. With Apple, it�s about the total picture, and the custom hardware, software, customer service, and most importantly, the amount of influence and cooperation Apple gets from everyone. The app situation is transformative, even as someone who doesn�t use a ton of apps.
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    09-11-15 01:14 AM
    Hate to be "that guy" but I'm becoming frustrated that BlackBerry hasn't come up with a newer version of the Z30 with better specs. Seriously considering the iPhone 6S. Holding out hope BlackBerry will introduce an upgrade of the Z30 but I'm not holding my breath. If not, after 7 years it may be finally time to leave BlackBerry altogether. The Venice slider doesn't intrigue me at all. Neither does the Passport. Here's hoping Lord Chen hears my pleas for a Z30 upgrade ASAP. Don't push me away, BlackBerry. I love BB10 but I want better specs & hardware. Also, BB10 could use a radical makeover. At least give us a dark Hub & different fonts. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    Haha you will regret the decision the day you have to charge it in the middle of the day hehe.

It will start stuttering so much after the next iOS update next year and you'll hate that you payed or still are paying off such an expensive phone.

Really, every year the same and people are complaining. It's even official that Apple makes the old versions slower on purpose with updates. Especially when the September is close there are updates with no real updates. But it makes your phone slower so you're angry and buy the next phone.

Hehe you're then willingly in that system. Oh dear.

09-11-15 02:33 AM
    Haha you will regret the decision the day you have to charge it in the middle of the day hehe.

It will start stuttering so much after the next iOS update next year and you'll hate that you payed or still are paying off such an expensive phone.

Really, every year the same and people are complaining. It's even official that Apple makes the old versions slower on purpose with updates. Especially when the September is close there are updates with no real updates. But it makes your phone slower so you're angry and buy the next phone.

Hehe you're then willingly in that system. Oh dear.

Wel i do understand him.
    If BlackBerry would just have released a full touch device, he would have been fine (with upgraded specs).

What i don't believe is the stuttering after 1os update with ios.
    My friends iphone 4s and iphone 5 run the ios updates really well, except battery life haha
    Just wish that we also would have such a long state of updates...

Let him taste the other fruit, if he get's poisoned he will be back

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:44 AM
    if you prefer the iphone 6s, just get one. It's your money, your choice.
    09-11-15 05:06 AM
    If you are going to make the change to an iphone 6s, you would be best served waiting a few months for the early adopters to be done with it...or save a few $ and get a 6...

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    09-11-15 05:26 AM
55 123