Hi,
    I love my new z30. The phone is beautiful, Typing experience is excellent , camera works great and takes very nice pictures, and the battery life is great!! Call quality is very clear. Better than my passport.

I'm on AT&T and get full 4g everywhere I've been so far and even get LTE in some places. Love the fact that it gets LTE at my office.

I'm very happy with the battery life on this phone. Though it doesn't last quite as long as the passport I can easily get through a whole day with average of 60% left at night.

My only complaint is that the speakers on this phone have a tinny sound. Hubby's z30 does not so I'm sure it's isolated to my phone. I may see about replacing the speaker at some point.

The z30 gets 5 stars from me!! Now I'm going to sell my passport!!
    Love, love my new Z30-img_20150505_091418_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:37 AM
    Shocking that Z30 stereo speakers do not perform. It should be some one off issue for reasons I am not competent enough to evaluate.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:51 AM
    I think it's just the bottom speaker in my phone. It's not bad but the sound quality on hubby's Z is clearer and richer. My phone came brand new sealed in box so my guess is it just has a faulty speaker.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:13 AM
    What software are you running?
    05-05-15 10:22 AM
    Yep, Z30 is an outstanding smart phone. Does everything I need and does it well. Enjoy!
    05-05-15 10:23 AM
    I think it's just the bottom speaker in my phone. It's not bad but the sound quality on hubby's Z is clearer and richer. My phone came brand new sealed in box so my guess is it just has a faulty speaker.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure you should get it checked up, for Z30 is incomplete without those stereo speakers! It performs best with the graphic equaliser switched off. Personal taste of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:26 AM
    I'm on release 10.3.1.1784.

The sound quality when using headphones is excellent. I use the music player a lot and have no complaints there. The tinnyness seems to be coming from the bottom speaker. Since I have everything loaded and configured on it I don't think it's worth returning it. It does seem that hubby's Z30 sound is a little louder through the external speakers as well.

What's odd is that the att default ringer sounds fine.

I may try to load some 3rd party ring tones to see if they sound better.

I haven't tried the speaker phone yet.

P.s. Blackberry assistant works good too.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:56 AM

The sound quality when using headphones is excellent. I use the music player a lot and have no complaints there. The tinnyness seems to be coming from the bottom speaker. Since I have everything loaded and configured on it I don't think it's worth returning it. It does seem that hubby's Z30 sound is a little louder through the external speakers as well.

Posted via CB10
    Since you have everything loaded and configured on it, you simply perform a back up via link and then restore to the replacement Z30. It's easy! Replace the phone :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    05-05-15 10:59 AM
    There was one version on 10.3.1 which took away the volume. I hope your next update will resolve this issue. Is your husband's device running a different version? I hope, yes!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:03 AM
    Nope hubby's phone and mine are same version. The only difference is mine is black and his is white. Maybe I'll switch with him!!

One thing I noticed is the back cover on his is much different. The BlackBerry logo is indented in the plastic and on the inside there is a much larger plastic covering about an inch square that covers the nfc and logo. On mine the logo on exterior of the back cover is flush. And there is no plastic square inside the cover.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:14 AM
    Well, I shouldn't say anything more lest I be untruthful to myself. Frankly, I am not able to reach a logical conclusion. Perhaps you could do a back up through link and secure wipe the device and hope to get desired results.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:29 AM
    Nice to hear it's working good, getting a 30 myself soon
    05-05-15 11:39 AM
    Well, I shouldn't say anything more lest I be untruthful to myself. Frankly, I am not able to reach a logical conclusion. Perhaps you could do a back up through link and secure wipe the device and hope to get desired results.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I may also try that. I took the back off a few minutes ago and noticed that there was a slight wrinkle in the covering on one of the bottom speakers. I think I have it smoothed out. Put the cover back and will test the sounds shortly. Don't want to annoy my coworkers ;-)

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:40 AM
    Yes, the Z30 is fantastic.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-05-15 11:47 AM
    Replace your Z30 now, if you're not satisfied with the speakers. It's not easy to replace them, in fact you can't just replace the speakers. You need to replace the entire middle frame

Edit: okay, I read your last post. Hope it works out. Sometimes only one speaker is effected. I have replaced mine before and still sometimes have issue with bottom speaker. Pressing in the area of speaker helps

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:52 AM
    Smoothing out the wrinkle seems to have helped. I'll take another look at it tonight with a magnifying glass to see if any portion of that tiny speaker is still uncovered

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:22 PM
    Nice! I'm on my first week with my Z30, and I'm surprised how good the vkb is! I've been a die-hard pkb user, but the Q10 and its double-typing issues sort of put me off.

Glad I gave BlackBerry another chance with the Z30; it's definitely exceeding my expectations.

Sounds like you're faring well too, weening yourself off a pkb...
    05-05-15 01:46 PM
    Nice! I'm on my first week with my Z30, and I'm surprised how good the vkb is! I've been a die-hard pkb user, but the Q10 and its double-typing issues sort of put me off.

Glad I gave BlackBerry another chance with the Z30; it's definitely exceeding my expectations.

Sounds like you're faring well too, weening yourself off a pkb...
    Hi,
    Congrats on your new z30! Yes this vkb is really good. I had an HTC m7 for a short time in between my beloved bold and q10. I could not type on that and ended up sending some very strange texts and emails. I can already type faster on my z30 in a couple weeks of using it than I can on the passport which I've had for 6 months. I'm definitely pleased with it!

I'm glad you gave BlackBerry another chance too!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 02:19 PM
    Hi,
    ... [On the HTC m7] ended up sending some very strange texts and emails....
    Haha, same here. As much as I love the speed and configurability / customization possibilities on android devices, ultimately their vkb implementations leave me also sending some embarassingly awful emails or messages. Even Swype, which so many swear by, didn't do it for me.

Not sure why, but the Z30's vkb "just works." I heard similar great things about the Z10's vkb.
    05-05-15 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's the volume buttons which are shaking when you play music too loud.
    05-05-15 02:26 PM
    speaking of speakers (lol), I've noticed a similar issue with my Z30 as well. brand new out of the box phone directly from BlackBerry. a week old. I hear rattling/vibrations in my speaker. not sure if it's the top or bottom speaker though. whichever one, it's annoying enough to notice, but not enough to be without a phone. perhaps I should look into replacing mine before it gets too late to do so
    05-05-15 03:12 PM
    It's the volume buttons which are shaking when you play music too loud.
    You know, one of them does seem to be ever so slightly loose.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 03:14 PM
    yup...it's my bottom speaker as well.
    05-05-15 03:16 PM
    I agree, I just upgraded from the Z10, and the Z30 kills! Very disappointed that it was barely advertised or promoted. If this were the phone that was first released, things might be different today.
    My Z10 looks so sad, outdated and irrelevant now in comparison... haha
    05-05-15 03:22 PM
    OP, what made you prefer the Z30 over the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 03:27 PM
63 123