I posted a new thread a few days back wishing everyone the best as I was moving to an iPhone after a LONG and loyal stint with BB devices.

After a few days now with my iPhone and going back an forth a bit with my Z10/Z30, I made some interesting discoveries.

1. The iPhone email system sucks in comparison, by a large margin.
    2. Trying to see the screen on an iPhone is outdoors is terrible in comparison.
    3. Speaker on the Z30 and iPhone are comparable in quality/performance.
    4. Holding an iphone isn't all that easy - it's very easy to slip out of your hands, but it is light.
    5. Apps are generally a little better and more of them on an iPhone, but I have just about everyone app that I need on my BB devices.

In short, I expected to be more impressed and I'm not. The email/text experience on a Z10/Z30 is absolutely superior in comparison. I can't stand using email on an iPhone in comparison as the experience is simply sub-par. The BB Hub is genius - its that good.

Sure I like the volume of apps in the app store and some of the apps, but as I've discovered, I have virtually all the apps I could ever want/need on my BB devices. Performance does seem faster on the iPhone and navigating around, and deleting emails, etc just tend to work faster or with less latency in comparison. I've had a few locked screens so far with the iPhone too.

Here I sit once again and realize that a "perfect" phone just doesn't exist. If you value email/text productivity and intuitiveness, the BB wins hands down, no comparison. I view the BB as true business performance device and an iPhone sort of a general all purpose built device that does some things very well. But the kicker was trying to view emails or even the screen on the iPhone in sunlight. I can't see the screen!!!! Not sure what this is about or why BB devices are so much better in this regard, but it was pretty obvious from my perspective and frustrating using the iPhone even in the car in daylight.

It looks like I'll now keep all three devices around for now. They each have their own value, IMO. For anyone that suggests for a minute that an iPhone is better device is simply mis-informed. While I still get the business meeting stare or comment for having a BB device, I always remind them how good the devices are. The Z10/Z30 combo is a lethal mix and the iPhone, while also good in some ways, it's not a device I would suggest to anyone to run out and get if they were on the fence. BB Hub rules!

Cheers. Looks like I'm not leaving after all.
    07-30-15 11:24 AM
    Thank you for the review. Welcome back or welcome to staying. Either way it is good.

The perfect phone is not yet made for many people. But in my hands the Z30 reaches all my needs and exceeds my expectations. That device will keep me happy for a long time to come.
    07-30-15 11:48 AM
    Usually, the grass on the other side looks perfect until one gets over there and have a close look at it. IMO, phones are like that - pros and cons everywhere with no one being "perfect". Nevertheless, the search continues for some and I welcome your comparative analysis based on your needs. BlackBerry 10 phones are not as bad as some folks make them out to be. Too bad there is no much negativity out there. Personally, nothing comes close to the Passport; it simply rocks!
    07-30-15 12:03 PM
    It's always good to venture forth on your own and discover things for yourself. I'm glad you did that. Your points are exactly the reasons why, despite all of its shortcomings, I will continue to have a BlackBerry in my pocket. It's not for everyone, but I don't care what others use. I use what I like best. What is best for me. I've used a lot of devices and continue to enjoy all devices, but my phone is a BlackBerry for that reason.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    07-30-15 12:18 PM
    Which iphone OP?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:57 PM
    I did the same a while back. Went from my old Z10 to an iP5 and came back after about 45 days. Couldn't believe how disorganised I felt on the iP. This is my opinion and not how others feel. Have to throw this in here otherwise you get all kinds of comments from people who think I'm making a blanket statement.

Using the BlackBerry device I have now I'm wondering what's next? Is BlackBerry going Android? Will the slider be BlackBerry 10? Android? Hybrid? Until then will love my perfect phone and wait until the end of the year. Wanting to see what the slider brings before deciding what's in the future for me.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    07-30-15 04:06 PM
    I had the 5s and upgraded to 6 when it was released.
    At the start I was overwhelmed with the app store, by time I got bored from all the apps and games.
    I sold them (5s & 6) and now back with no complains to my Z10 mainly for a better keyboard, communication experience and the easy file manager.
    Agree with you OP.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, KemKev and daniel337 like this.
    07-30-15 05:51 PM
    The Passport is even better. The grouse is of course the prcing which should be reduced by BlackBerry sooner to let more people try out the phone. The price is still the same one year down the road!i use all three BlackBerry, iPhone and Samsung. IPhone I have left inside my car for music selection whereas Samsung is my second phone for use during travel out of the country. BlackBerry still remains my faithful companion as for the last 12 yrs.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-30-15 06:04 PM
    funny thing is that the OP paid hundreds of dollars more than he would of by buying the Passport, and he had a bad experience using the iPhone. Now you are saying BB should drop their price for the Passport. Why should they, its a better phone than the iPhone, the only reason people are not buying Passport is because of lack of apps. Dropping the price which right now is not unreasonable relativity speaking, and they lose more money.
    07-30-15 06:18 PM
    I am not buying the passport because I couldn't use it one handed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:38 PM
    Not surprised at all. The Hub was definitely the clincher for me. The amount of emails I receive plus the sizes of the attachments proved to be too much for the 6+ I previously had.

I also find that the Z30 as a much more open and clear sound to it, something the 6+ does not. Almost like surround sound sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:55 PM
    My Z30 for work (and sometimes play) while my IPhone 4s for those apps I can't get on BlackBerry. Had an office issued IPhone 6 but gave it back because there was simply not a lot I could do with it beyond the apps and camera unlike my Z30- a good touch screen device with great battery life, fantastic keyboard that adapts to your typing style, amazing BlackBerry hub and email experience, storage options like OTG and SD Card as well as using it as a storage device, can connect to a TV or projector for presentations with a vga/ hdmi adaptor, can basically use it as an Internet Hotspot all day for both laptop and other phone, loud speakers for conference calls, have even accidentally sat on it a lot of times whenever I forget to take it out of my back pocket and is still good.

It's not a perfect phone but makes sense for me if you're a mobile professional who's looking for a great productivity and communication tool.

Posted via CB10 on a BlackBerry Z30
    07-30-15 08:48 PM
    I suspect Apple doesn't mind sucking at a few things so that there are tremendous opportunities for third party apps and the ecosystem. Lots of email clients for iOS that would suffer if Apple got the exact equivalent of BB10 and was a better experience built in.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 10:40 PM
    nice to see the dark side didn't win you over all the way
    07-30-15 10:46 PM
    I just posted the fact that the BlackBerry z30 was an excellent communication device in one of the threads on the Popular at BlackBerry folder which resulted in an ifan avalanche in responses including the usual how is BlackBerry any good at communication without Snapchat and Google Hangouts crap.

The hub and keyboard and ability to email on BlackBerry is unsurpassed, all for the fraction of the price of an iPhone.

Anyways, excellent post OP.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:18 PM
    I suspect Apple doesn't mind sucking at a few things so that there are tremendous opportunities for third party apps and the ecosystem. Lots of email clients for iOS that would suffer if Apple got the exact equivalent of BB10 and was a better experience built in.

Posted via CB10
    I'd counter that third-party apps help push stock development, but enjoyed the point nonetheless.
    07-30-15 11:36 PM
    I received a new Sony Xperia XmZ3+ from Sony in June and have been using that as my daily driver, but when it comes to emsaling/working, I'm always use my old Z10, which is so much better (and a little bit slower) than any Andtoid so far. Another Phone I have is an IPhone 6 and in using that less than the other two. The only problem, before getting solely to the Z10 is that I have to carry 2 phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 04:39 AM
    .[/B] I view the BB as true business performance device and an iPhone sort of a general all purpose built device that does some things very well.
    Fully agreed, as owner of both Z30 & iP5s.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:41 AM
    I did the same a while back. Went from my old Z10 to an iP5 and came back after about 45 days. Couldn't believe how disorganised I felt on the iP. This is my opinion and not how others feel. Have to throw this in here otherwise you get all kinds of comments from people who think I'm making a blanket statement.

Using the BlackBerry device I have now I'm wondering what's next? Is BlackBerry going Android? Will the slider be BlackBerry 10? Android? Hybrid? Until then will love my perfect phone and wait until the end of the year. Wanting to see what the slider brings before deciding what's in the future for me.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    I think all BlackBerry users are in that 'wait and see' mode, especially if the new phone turns out to be running Android.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    JORENO and shahadav like this.
    07-31-15 07:23 AM
    funny thing is that the OP paid hundreds of dollars more than he would of by buying the Passport, and he had a bad experience using the iPhone. Now you are saying BB should drop their price for the Passport. Why should they, its a better phone than the iPhone, the only reason people are not buying Passport is because of lack of apps. Dropping the price which right now is not unreasonable relativity speaking, and they lose more money.
    Seriously? While I do not expect the average consumer to fiddle with the Google Play Store for BlackBerry variant, the fact that the PP comes shipped with the Amazon App Store minimizes (not solve) the app gap.

What I have discovered through using the GPS for BB is that having an abundance of apps is interesting but I have not gone crazy filling up my PP. I do have quite a number of apps installed for business and leisure, but even without a number of them, the PP is still a wonderful phone.
    kbrant64 likes this.
    07-31-15 09:34 AM
    Ummmmm you didn't have to leave to come with that review IPhone users who switched to BlackBerry already said everything you did.....

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:09 AM
    I have the Passport, Z30 and Z10. As great as the Passport is its form factor is not for all. Just throwing this out there. And both the Z10 and 30 are ridiculously good on 10.3.2 in my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:14 AM
    What's an "uan Phone"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-31-15 10:16 AM
    What's an "uan Phone"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Holy double reading fail batman. Topic isn't "uan", its "ian".

Not sure why OP is picking on Ian. Poor guy.
    07-31-15 12:53 PM
    What's an "uan Phone"
    Holy double reading fail batman. Topic isn't "uan", its "ian".
    Thread title typo fixed, so we can go back to DEFCON 5.

Not sure why OP is picking on Ian. Poor guy.
    Actually my iPhone toting/loving brother Ian was undoubtedly enchanted by being recognized finally by the "ian Phone" title. He will surely be crushed now that I've fixed the title and deleted his fame.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-31-15 01:58 PM
57 123