So I was with Fido and had a z10 since feb/2013. Z10 was great but the battery life wasn't also reception was little to non existent at my work. Really was impressive with z30 just for the battery life alone and after a year I figured I'd change it up. My plan was to by a z30 outright and stay with Fido as I had 2 years left on contract. Went to rogers (Fido doesn't carry z30) and they had it out right for $ 650, or I could port my number and pay early cancelation. They told me to call Fido and request, call Fido and get this woman who tells me it would cost $300. I tell her that I will pay early cancelation and port over to rogers, she then asks me why I'm leaving Fido. I tell her that Fido doesn't seem to be supporting blackberry headsets and I really want the z30, she then says "you know BlackBerry is going downhill ". Ask her what she means and she goes off about how terrible the os is and how I should get a note 3. I then promptly tell her, "cancel my contract please". After that I leave rogers (don't want to give my business to parent company) and go to Telus where I get a z30 on a two year contract for nothing. I'm paying 5$ more a month for unlimited minutes Canada wide (Fido 300 mins) and 2 gig's ( Fido 1 gig). The associate was an android guy that was a big blackberry fan and we both bonded over our distaste for Apple. Now with the z30: battery is insane, at the end of the day had 60% whereas the Z10 would be at 20%. Phone is bigger, so there's a learning curve but so much smoother. Best part is I now have service at work. Thanks Fido rep !!

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and stlabrat like this.
    02-25-14 11:42 PM
    Somehow, this is exactly what happened to me, too.
    02-25-14 11:45 PM
    I am selling hardware for a living and I just cannot understand that ****....
    When someone tells me a product he wants, all I do is sell it.

I have quite often recommended other brands because of their specific capabilities and just got business in return.

There is no place in bashing one brand over another.....

Cannot face palm myself enough when I see instances like that....

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-25-14 11:53 PM
    I agree...I went online to buy a Z10/Q5 from Fido...and guess what they said.... Q5 is discontinued and if you really want it go and buy it from BlackBerry itself!

Stunned. They are even worse than T-Mobile.
    02-26-14 04:31 PM
    They just want to push people into paying outrageous prices by forcing them to Robbers for a decent device.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    02-27-14 07:19 PM
    Wow...makes me want to call fido and cancel my line but I always had good service with them so I can't complain!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:43 PM
    Rogers is the Devil.

Posted via CB10
    thurask likes this.
    02-27-14 10:56 PM
    Telus is great if you want a BlackBerry. Our corporate rep took the time to bring in all BlackBerry models plus apple and some androids. Never pushed anything on anyone.
    I went with z30. Company paid $20 bucks for phone and a new sim on a 2 year contract.
    I've called Telus support a few times related to Telus services. When they see that I'm using the z30 they always say they hear good things about it and then ask how I like it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 01:09 AM
    Wow...makes me want to call fido and cancel my line but I always had good service with them so I can't complain!

Posted via CB10
    I've mostly had good service from Fido. I'm sticking with then for now because I have 6GB of data and my plan is only $50 (don't use much airtime). I am a little concerned about their BlackBerry selection when my contract is up, but with a little luck my employer will be giving me a new BlackBerry then.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    02-28-14 01:09 PM