I forgot my password and my Verizon Z30 software version 10.2.1.2991 was wiped after the 10th try. My phone and SD card were encrypted at the time of the wipe.
    After the wipe, I setup the phone from scratch and did not use BlackBerry Link to restore settings, apps, etc. My phone worked perfectly before the security wipe. Now it lags, has rebooted twice and closes apps. I have one Android app installed which I used prior to the wipe. I have deleted other apps because the phone has been functioning poorly. I have also performed several hard resets. Any ideas on how to get back my perfectly functioning Z30?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    02-06-15 12:28 PM
    I forgot my password and my Verizon Z30 software version 10.2.1.2991 was wiped after the 10th try. My phone and SD card were encrypted at the time of the wipe.
    After the wipe, I setup the phone from scratch and did not use BlackBerry Link to restore settings, apps, etc. My phone worked perfectly before the security wipe. Now it lags, has rebooted twice and closes apps. I have one Android app installed which I used prior to the wipe. I have deleted other apps because the phone has been functioning poorly. I have also performed several hard resets. Any ideas on how to get back my perfectly functioning Z30?

Use BlackBerry Link to reload the OS, in this way a fresh copy of the OS will be downloaded from BlackBerry servers.

Connect the device via USB > open BlackBerry Link > Preferences > Reload Device Software
    02-06-15 12:31 PM
    If I were you, this would be the perfect time to download and install a 10.3.1.xxxx leaked OS. This will give you a "new phone" feel and you will love the speed and features. You could go to: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-links-990410/

download the z30/classic file from Mega -- unzip the file then load it onto your z30. Then sometime in the near future (hopefully) Verizon will push the newest 10.3.1 onto your device OTA. Be brave and go for it! You can always go back to 10.2.1.xxxx or really any other OS if you have to. Read up on how to load leaked OS's at: BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and at this point I would go with the Autoloader method of installation. Good luck with your choice!
    02-06-15 12:42 PM
    I'll ask - what did you do with the sd card? Since its encryption would have depended on the phone, is it still work? Maybe that is what is slowing things down.
    02-06-15 04:46 PM
    I'll ask - what did you do with the sd card? Since its encryption would have depended on the phone, is it still work? Maybe that is what is slowing things down.
    The content of the sd card was also wiped. I lost everything that was on the card. It is still in my phone and appears to work just fine.

02-08-15 12:29 AM
    If you're phone is acting weird after an update or wipe...reload is always the best way to go because 99% it's a software issue. There are other intermediary steps (uninstalling apps etc) but I don't have to much on my phone so reload is normally the fastest way for me to get up and running.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    FF22 likes this.
    02-08-15 08:59 AM