HI Everyone,

Just like you I downloaded the mandatory update which turned my all touch Z30 into my old LG flip phone with buttons. I am thoroughly disgusted with the update. The current lag on my text messages is about 5 to 10 seconds to send, my emails the same amount of time, my phone calls are laggy and people I talk with daily, their numbers are now showing up as unidentified callers.

Was it truly necessary to change my fully touch Z30 into a basic phone? I hate the buttons, I take millions of photos of my family every day and now I have to make sure my finger is lined up with the BUTTON. Come on, I didn't spend a fortune for a piece of junk.

Something has to be done with the lag, I can't work with a laggy phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling the new up date doesn't change anything for me. It remains laggy, unresponsive and delays all the things I need it to do.

Anyone else frustrated?
    07-18-15 03:14 PM
    I'll start the trend, absolutely fine here, much better than 10.3.1 was.

PS, you have always been able to use the volume buttons to take pictures.
    Carl Estes and icepearl like this.
    07-18-15 03:19 PM
    Same here I have a lag
    07-18-15 08:39 PM
    I have the same post-10.3 Verizon update lag. Really disapponted!!!
    07-20-15 04:09 PM
    Have any of you backed up your phone data and gone through a security wipe? Sometimes when you update the phone and it starts to glitch, a security wipe is just the thing to restore normal operation. If you've tried everything else you can and the problem has not been resolved, give this a go.
    07-20-15 09:21 PM
    No lag whatsoever...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 10:09 PM
    A little lag during the first few days of settling in. Now all is good and very pleased with the update. I did two or three hard resets during the first few days as well. I'm on VZW FWIW

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-21-15 07:42 AM
    OMG I'm about ready to throw my Z30 away. The lag is so bad after the update and they ruined the phone app... maybe a security wipe will reset it but I am nearing the end with BlackBerry.. Any assistance would be appreciated. I want my Z30 back...
    08-01-15 10:19 PM
    OMG I'm about ready to throw my Z30 away. The lag is so bad after the update and they ruined the phone app... maybe a security wipe will reset it but I am nearing the end with BlackBerry.. Any assistance would be appreciated. I want my Z30 back...
    If I was in your shoes, I would find a 10.3.2 autoloader and reinstall the OS. Then do a security wipe to make sure you have a fresh, clean copy of BB10. If that doesn't cure your lag then use BBVE and start checking hardware. Don't give up!! My Z30 has been glorious since I've had it.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    08-02-15 07:02 AM
    Yeah, I have lags in phone calls and email.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-02-15 07:08 AM
    After the 10.3 update from verizon I had all kinds of lag. When I answered the phone I had to say hello twice cause the phone lagged. This is what I was told to do and I did it. Works!!!

Move all pics and videos to you memory card then do a clean sweep and only restore contacts.

No lag what's so ever. Battery life is back too. It's like night and day.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:02 AM
    Thanks guys.
    I did a security wipe and Lag is all gone... unfortunately I was unable to back up my device so I lost all device information. I removed my SD card before performing the security wipe. No more lag, but had to set up everything again. Too bad that they couldn't have done a better job with the VZ OS upgrade. When i performed the upgrade I figured something went wrong because it took hours to complete. Now i see why... it toasted my device. I'm not throwing my Z30 away just yet. After reading about how bad Apple messaging is I am reconsidering the iPhone upgrade for a while.

Thanks again!

Nester
    08-02-15 09:26 PM
    Toasted device? If you had a memory card I bet your contacts are on the card.

I only restored my contacts and calendar stuff.

Thanks guys.
    I did a security wipe and Lag is all gone... unfortunately I was unable to back up my device so I lost all device information. I removed my SD card before performing the security wipe. No more lag, but had to set up everything again. Too bad that they couldn't have done a better job with the VZ OS upgrade. When i performed the upgrade I figured something went wrong because it took hours to complete. Now i see why... it toasted my device. I'm not throwing my Z30 away just yet. After reading about how bad Apple messaging is I am reconsidering the iPhone upgrade for a while.

Thanks again!

Nester

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:41 AM
    Have you installed android apps? That is city lag warantied!
    08-06-15 11:52 PM
    Haha..I was right there with you, but I'm over it now after spending a week with the iPhone. My perspective is much different now.
    08-07-15 07:51 PM
    After the 10.3 update from verizon I had all kinds of lag. When I answered the phone I had to say hello twice cause the phone lagged. This is what I was told to do and I did it. Works!!!

Move all pics and videos to you memory card then do a clean sweep and only restore contacts.

No lag what's so ever. Battery life is back too. It's like night and day.

Posted via CB10
    Can I ask the best way to perform a clean sweep?
    08-07-15 07:53 PM
    Can I ask the best way to perform a clean sweep?
    All I did was backup phone with BlackBerry Link and copy my contacts to the memory card and then do a security wipe. Then I restored my contacts only.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:53 AM