I am a big kindle user, and the BB version seemed excellent. Except at times the brightness will go to maximum and there is nothing I cna do about it. Exiting and re-entering Kindle doesn't fix it, nor does rebooting the phone. The only thing that does is uninstalling and re-installing Kindle.

I am tempted to download the Android version. I installed the android version using Snap on my Q10 and it's been fine. Obviously there are no brightness controls on the app since BB controls it's own brightness (and does so very well). anyone else with the problem who maybe has solved it?
    03-05-14 06:12 AM
    I use the Kindle app everyday and do not have this problem.
    03-05-14 10:16 AM
    I was wondering about that. I installed it on my Q10 and the problem never occurs. Both apps from the same source. Weird. I don't know what the answer is.
    03-05-14 11:14 AM
    The Android version on the Z10 has a brightness control I with the background color and font size and spacing in settings . I have had continuous problems with the BlackBerry version and the android versions not opening . Vary slow to open when it does work. Deleted and reinstalled both several times. KOBO works fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 11:56 AM
    Download 'screen filter' app from snap or amazon. Run it and it will make kindle not burn your eyes out any longer. Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:11 PM
    Two finger swipe up to go brighter, down to go darker. You can also two finger pinch to zoom in and out the text size. Nice little features!

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    03-06-14 12:43 AM
    Two finger swipe up to go brighter, down to go darker. You can also two finger pinch to zoom in and out the text size. Nice little features!

Posted via CB10
    Are you talking about the screen filter app? Or the Kindle app? If Kindle, which one - BB or Android? I installed the Android app and while it's not as stable as the BB10 version it doesn't do the blinding thing and it has a brightness control.
    03-06-14 05:39 AM
    Just tried it in the BlackBerry App with two fingers and you can control the brightness that way.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-06-14 05:50 AM
    Sorry BlackBerry Kindle app
    03-06-14 05:51 AM
    Just tried it in the BlackBerry App with two fingers and you can control the brightness that way.
    Alllllll RIGHT!!!! Problem solved. Thank you!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-06-14 06:13 AM
    It works in either kindle app. I installed the android version from Snap for the same reason before I discovered this. It was slower to load, so I went back to the BlackBerry World version.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:49 AM
    The two-finger thing helps -- thanks! But it is a bandaid not a solution. First, even at the lowest setting, it is still brighter than when the app used to auto-dim. Second, If you minimize your kindle app, even after dimming it, you'll see that it has managed to brighten up the whole phone like a Christmas tree, not just the page of the book. While the background brightness starts diminishing when you leave the book page, this app has to be burning some serious battery while you are reading. Oddly, it seems to work more or less OK in the daylight -- it's when the lights are out when it does the exact opposite of what it should. Worked great before I upgraded to 10.2.1 -- it would be nice if a huge company like Amazon would spend the few shekels it would cost them to build a native app -- after all, we're buying books from the bastards. And to add insult to injury now they have me pegged as an Android user and advertise to me accordingly...
    anon(5881519) likes this.
    03-06-14 02:11 PM
    Thank you so much! I've had the opposite problem...the app seemed to auto dim to the point that I could barely read the screen and I could not figure out a way to brighten it. The two finger swipe fixed it! Thanks!
    08-05-14 06:28 PM
    The two finger swipe thing is a funny one. This comes up all the time and like everyone else I found out about through a search. The app simply doesn't tell you how to do it. There must be loads of people out there frustrated who haven't found out about it.
    08-06-14 02:37 PM
    Works great, thanks very much!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-04-16 11:37 PM
    Works great, thanks very much!
    And thank you for showing that the Crackberry SEARCH function works.

WELCOME to Crackberry.
    02-05-16 09:10 AM