Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this dock. My girlfriend has a Z10 and loves using the dock I bought her for bedside mode. She wants to upgrade to a Z30, but only if there is a dock available, and this is the only one I found.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of any other docks for the Z30, please let me know!

Thanks.

KiDiGi ADJUSTABLE HORIZONTAL CHARGER CRADLE USB WALL DOCK FOR BLACKBERRY Q5 Z30:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:11 PM
    Just ordered it, it's on its way

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-31-14 09:52 PM
    I've got this dock. I use it at night to charge my phone and double as an alarm clock. It's really handy to have.
    Pro's:
    1/ The charging port is adjustable and slides side to side so you can use it with just about any phone or tablet that uses mini usb
    2/ The cradle is deep enough to fit my Z30 with the gel case still on. I don't have to remove it everytime I charge the phone. That means it's deep enough to sit my playbook on it to charge, although I'd rather use the playbook cradle with the magnetic charge port.
    Con's: none really but if I had to complain about something I'd say the cord that comes with it is kind of short. I plug my dock into a power bar on the floor and it barely reaches. Not a problem if you're plugging it directly into a wall socket.

I hope this helps
    DocDRM likes this.
    07-31-14 10:12 PM
    I had it and it worked nicely. The fact that it's adjustable was the reason I bought it as I wanted to be able to use it with a case on my Z30.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    08-01-14 01:58 AM
    I've got one of these Kidigi stands, and it works perfectly well. As pixelpusher mentions, the cable that comes with it might be on the short side depending where you're going to plug it in. Having said that, the supplied power cable is detachable, so at worst you can then easily replace it with longer usb cable if you need to.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:33 AM
    Awesome!! Thanks for all the responses.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:36 AM
    Got it. Z30 in case charging happily.

Came with 1.5A charger so nice fast charge.

Make sure it is settled in properly though, that you get the symbol for charging or connected since you can be partially on the microplug.

Z30 in sleep mode... so pretty

08-08-14 10:49 PM
    I just received the dock and I am NOT liking it. The previous dock I had for the Z10 would slide in very easily - I could do it one handed and in the dark (for bedside mode).

The micro SD doesn't slide in easily with the new dock, and I need to line it up just right. It takes 2 hands and I am afraid the way it goes it the micro SD port on the Z30 is going to get damaged.

I sawed off the two lips of my Z10 dock to use it for my Z30, but the case I have with the phone does not allow the jack to be plugged in all the way.

So, I'm basically just using the KiDiGi dock as a stand and plug in the phone to charge manually. Better than nothing I guess.

Please, BlackBerry... PLEASE!! can you bring back charging contacts and charging cradles for new phones. I think it's safe to say that the majority of the BlackBerry faithful used them religiously and missed them dearly!!

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 and p1800nut like this.
    08-15-14 07:57 AM
    Check the second review on the Amazon listing, claims Z30 doesn't fit at all

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 04:32 PM
    Fits my Z30. With my gel case it was finicky at first but been using it for 4 months and now connects easily.
    08-15-14 08:58 PM
    Works fine foe me

08-15-14 11:52 PM
    Have pics and review in this post. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10299300

Can be used with cover (which is a nice)

I find that you have to be careful when you seat it so the micro usb port lines up nicely and sits well.

It works and found it to be the best docking option considering there aren't many options like this for the z30.

Hope this helps.
    08-16-14 09:17 AM