Hi,

As many of you, I decided to upgrade from Z10 to Z30 (I use a Z10 from day 1).
    I read lots of happy users feedbacks on the forum, and I couldn't resist to the summer promotion on shopblackberry.com (349 �).
    I bought the Z30 without having seeing it, as it not distributed by French carriers (and I don't understand why !!)

So for those of you who wonder it the switch worth it, and for others that could "help" me, here is my feedback.
    I won't comment the qualities and limits of BB10, I will just talk about the "switch experience".

Why did I decided to switch, what did I expect from the Z30 ?
    • Better battery life

• Bigger screen

• Better connectivity (Miracast, Wifi direct, USB OTG)

The good
    • The Z30 is beautiful, we feel that we have a high range device in hand

• A bigger screen is great for lots of things (virtual keyboard, browser, games...)

• The battery life allows a full day of heavy use (2 days with light use). The Z10 could only hold 1 day with light/moderate use.

• The device seems more responsive and faster than the Z10.

• Even if the screen resolution is lower, I don't really notice the difference.

• Miracast is really cool with my LG Smart TV

• The speaker is a lot better (I use it everyday)

The bad
    • I never had any problem with BB Link for my Z10, but the Z30 is not recognized through USB connection. I have an error in device management for "RIM Network Device". I'm still working on the problem, I had to use my girlfriend's laptop to do the switch.

• The device switch feature is really bad. BB Link migrates the strict minimum of data. All apps and accounts were migrated, but all apps where displayed without folders. So I had lots of tabs and it took a lot of time to organize the apps.

• All native applications lost their configuration and data. But I was surprized that Andro�d apps kept all existing information (account login, parameters, data...)

• The size and weight are sometimes a problem, but this is the only way to gain in confort and battery life.

• I use a Kenu Airframe as car holder. It is nearly impossible to hold the Z30 and charge it at the same time.

• Unfortunately my company only uses Active Sync and not a BES, and they only allow a precise list of devices. There are Q5, Q10, and Z10, but Z30 is missing. So I lost Exchange synchronisation after the switch (I have a crappy corportate HTC 8S for that)

• Colors are more realistic on the Z10, but it's only noticeable when you look at the 2 devices at the same time.

So in the end YES the Z30 is a great device and I absolutely don't regret the switch, but you have to understand the potential bad points if you plan to do the same.
    I hope it will help
    jagdish L and wordworkr58 like this.
    09-09-14 03:50 AM
    Colors are more realistic on the Z10, but it's only noticeable when you look at the 2 devices at the same time.

So in the end YES the Z30 is a great device and I absolutely don't regret the switch, but you have to understand the potential bad points if you plan to do the same.
    I hope it will help
    Z10 has LCD and a higher PPI than the Z30 which uses LED, so I think it contributes on the Z10's "more vivid" color rendering. Z30 is indeed a great device, there's more pros to it than con. Haven't got one yet but I will in the future!
    09-09-14 03:56 AM
    Z10 has LCD and a higher PPI than the Z30 which uses LED, so I think it contributes on the Z10's "more vivid" color rendering. Z30 is indeed a great device, there's more pros to it than con. Haven't got one yet but I will in the future!
    What device do you use now?

White z10
    09-09-14 05:11 AM
    Thank you for your feedback. i currently use the Z10. my biggest issue is battery life. I walk around with an Extra battery and sometimes exhaust both batteries. I definitely plan to switch to the Z30 for improved battery life.
    09-09-14 05:25 AM
    What device do you use now?

White z10
    Z10.
    09-09-14 06:12 AM
    Interesting read. My Z30 will arrive any minute now, and I'm all set for 'the switch'. Hopefully things play out well, with BB link and the restore of data and apps. Did you do a restore/switch using the same os version?
    09-09-14 06:22 AM
    Interesting read. My Z30 will arrive any minute now, and I'm all set for 'the switch'. Hopefully things play out well, with BB link and the restore of data and apps. Did you do a restore/switch using the same os version?
    Yes, same OS version, maybe I missed some luck during the process !..
    Enjoy your Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:29 AM
    I too just switched from a Z10 & Q10 to a Z30. I'm using it on AT&T, and still getting used to it. I seem to lose connection from time to time. But, I digress.

Nice feedback on the switch @snew
    09-09-14 07:01 AM
    These past 3 weeks I went from a z10 to a z30 and now back to the z10. The weight was a factor for the z30, I think the screen size on the z10 for me is just fine. Sticking it in ur pocket is just a better fit when using the z10....agsin, my opinion....also the screen resolution on the z30 was not as good outdoors as that of the 10. The screen on the 30 I agree IS more responsive than the 10. But nothing I can't live with and I'll adjust to again. Battery life of course is no hidden secret and I have purchased a battery bundle but I'm usually by a charger anyways. I'm happier with my z10...to me, bigger isn't alway better....lol...now if they were to make it lighter.....like my wife's s4....i may reconsider ...

Posted via CB10 with z10
    09-09-14 07:13 AM
    My z30 should arrive today, I got it because I wanted more battery life and a larger screen for typing. Like the z10, but the battery was getting to me, especially being a power user.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:00 AM
    The cons on the Z30 is minimal relative to the pros. My wife can't believe she ever used a Z10 and being a physical keyboard person(9330), she actually can't go back to a Q10 now either. She was okay with going Q10 from Z10.
    09-09-14 08:12 AM
    "Unfortunately my company only uses Active Sync and not a BES, and they only allow a precise list of devices. There are Q5, Q10, and Z10, but Z30 is missing. So I lost Exchange synchronisation after the switch (I have a crappy corportate HTC 8S for that)"

That statement is false, no matter the device as long as active sync is supported it can be used, i have switched my device from z10 to z30 to 1+1 and my company never knows what im using i make it work when their active list of phones don't include a single on i have used.
    09-09-14 08:42 AM
    Tested the z30 for a week myself coming from a Z10!

For me it was too big, I missed screen brightness and the sharp display so I went back to Z10 and sold the Z30 again (even made a little profit).

Battery was invincible on the 30, just as the design and the materials...but the size was crucial so I decided to keep the 10!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    09-09-14 08:48 AM
    Tested the z30 for a week myself coming from a Z10!

For me it was too big, I missed screen brightness and the sharp display so I went back to Z10 and sold the Z30 again (even made a little profit).

Battery was invincible on the 30, just as the design and the materials...but the size was crucial so I decided to keep the 10!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    I'm glad I'm not the only one felling that way.
    09-09-14 08:49 AM
    For me, the only real downside to the z30 after having a z10 is the case itself. I don't like the rounded edges and I really don't like how close the screen is to the edge of the phone body. I loved that I could stand my z10 on its edge and it would stay there; that's impossible with the z30. Also, I have dropped more BlackBerries than most people have owned, and the z30 is the only one I have ever broken. Thanks to the glass being so close to the edge, I cracked a screen on a corner impact from a height of only about 2 feet.

Everything else I can deal with. When I first got the z30, the screen seemed so different than the z10 that I instantly noticed and it felt weird looking at it. It may be exaggerating, but it almost made me queasy. After a few days with the phone, I didn't even notice it anymore. The sound and battery life have pretty much cancelled out any other minor annoyances I had with the z30, and the 10.3 camera software has drastically improved the quality of my photos in inadequate lighting.
    09-09-14 09:32 AM
    Well, after autoloading 1154 on my shiny new Z30, I went for the restore option in BB link. (btw no issues with getting Link to recognise the Z30, only windows was ******** with installing driver). Everything restored just fine, my apps are all there, including the settings. For both native and android. Only whatsapp is throwing a small fit.

I must say things were smooth so far! Glad I chose the Z30
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    09-09-14 09:45 AM
    "Unfortunately my company only uses Active Sync and not a BES, and they only allow a precise list of devices. There are Q5, Q10, and Z10, but Z30 is missing. So I lost Exchange synchronisation after the switch (I have a crappy corportate HTC 8S for that)"

That statement is false, no matter the device as long as active sync is supported it can be used, i have switched my device from z10 to z30 to 1+1 and my company never knows what im using i make it work when their active list of phones don't include a single on i have used.
    You are right from Active Sync perspective, but my company ask us to register the phone through a web portal, and the first information they ask is the phone IMEI. When I enter the one of the Z30, I have the error message "This device is not supported", whereas I had no problem with Z10
    09-09-14 10:05 AM
    I have had a Z10 and a Q10 and recently gave up my iPhone 5 to come back to BlackBerry with the Z30 on AT&T. Couldn't resist the price on shop BlackBerry either. So far I am very happy with the device. Like others have said seems to be more responsive than my old Z10 but that is likely due to installing 10.3 on this one while I was on 10.1 when I had my Z10. Only issue I have had getting used to is the size of the phone. I will say typing on the bigger screen is nice, but the size makes one handing use of really anything hard to do. Even dialing a phone number sometimes takes two hands to secure the phone. Overall though I am happy with the phone and have no plans at this time to move away from it.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:17 AM
    no comparison

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:53 AM
    Care to elaborate?

no comparison

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:42 PM
    Is usb on the go, radio, bigger screen, louder speakers, and a better antenna really make it a big deal to upgrade? I ordered a z30 but I've been thinking is it really worth it cause I like the size of my z10. That and I can buy a bigger battery.
    ev44 likes this.
    09-09-14 01:27 PM
    Is usb on the go, radio, bigger screen, louder speakers, and a better antenna really make it a big deal to upgrade? I ordered a z30 but I've been thinking is it really worth it cause I like the size of my z10. That and I can buy a bigger battery.
    You might think differently when you start using it. At least you have 14 days to return it, no?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:12 PM
    You might think differently when you start using it. At least you have 14 days to return it, no?

Posted via CB10
    I think I have a week to return. We shall see if I like it or not.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-09-14 05:26 PM
    I loved that I could stand my z10 on its edge and it would stay there; that's impossible with the z30...

...When I first got the z30, the screen seemed so different than the z10 that I instantly noticed and it felt weird looking at it. It may be exaggerating, but it almost made me queasy. After a few days with the phone, I didn't even notice it anymore. The sound and battery life have pretty much cancelled out any other minor annoyances I had with the z30
    Agreed! I miss being able to stand my z30 up too! And I seemed to have headaches and eye fatigue at first, resolved for the most part now after fiddling with the settings. And I am smitten with the larger screen and better battery life. Thank you for putting these points forward!

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-09-14 07:02 PM
    Hi,

As many of you, I decided to upgrade from Z10 to Z30 (I use a Z10 from day 1).
    I read lots of happy users feedbacks on the forum, and I couldn't resist to the summer promotion on shopblackberry.com (349 �).
    I bought the Z30 without having seeing it, as it not distributed by French carriers (and I don't understand why !!)

So for those of you who wonder it the switch worth it, and for others that could "help" me, here is my feedback.
    I won't comment the qualities and limits of BB10, I will just talk about the "switch experience".

Why did I decided to switch, what did I expect from the Z30 ?
    • Better battery life

• Bigger screen

• Better connectivity (Miracast, Wifi direct, USB OTG)

The good
    • The Z30 is beautiful, we feel that we have a high range device in hand

• A bigger screen is great for lots of things (virtual keyboard, browser, games...)

• The battery life allows a full day of heavy use (2 days with light use). The Z10 could only hold 1 day with light/moderate use.

• The device seems more responsive and faster than the Z10.

• Even if the screen resolution is lower, I don't really notice the difference.

• Miracast is really cool with my LG Smart TV

• The speaker is a lot better (I use it everyday)

The bad
    • I never had any problem with BB Link for my Z10, but the Z30 is not recognized through USB connection. I have an error in device management for "RIM Network Device". I'm still working on the problem, I had to use my girlfriend's laptop to do the switch.

• The device switch feature is really bad. BB Link migrates the strict minimum of data. All apps and accounts were migrated, but all apps where displayed without folders. So I had lots of tabs and it took a lot of time to organize the apps.

• All native applications lost their configuration and data. But I was surprized that Andro�d apps kept all existing information (account login, parameters, data...)

• The size and weight are sometimes a problem, but this is the only way to gain in confort and battery life.

• I use a Kenu Airframe as car holder. It is nearly impossible to hold the Z30 and charge it at the same time.

• Unfortunately my company only uses Active Sync and not a BES, and they only allow a precise list of devices. There are Q5, Q10, and Z10, but Z30 is missing. So I lost Exchange synchronisation after the switch (I have a crappy corportate HTC 8S for that)

• Colors are more realistic on the Z10, but it's only noticeable when you look at the 2 devices at the same time.

I hope it will help
    I use BIS and Active Synch via exchange. No issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:20 PM
50 12