OK, the title is a bit exaggerated. I use my Z30 all the time and I think it's one of the best phones out there. I'm out on a job and we are taking a ton of photos with our phones - I with my Z30, my friend with his iPhone 6. When were are done, my friend tells me that he will upload the photos to "the cloud" when he gets back to the office. I plug in a 32GB memory stick to the side of my Z30, download the photos, a few PDF documents and a video. Hand him the memory stick and say "there ya go". He looked at me in amazement and could not believe I just did that. I then asked him to email me two attachments in the same email - one photo, one Word document. He couldn't. Then he said, sh#t, I need a Blackberry.

That's all to the story but a lot to be said about a phone as versatile as the Blackberry - especially the Z30.

Enjoy your week everyone.

SBA
    02-10-15 05:32 PM
    Lmao...great story!!

Rocking the superlative Z30 (STA100-5)....just wow!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    02-10-15 05:40 PM
    OK, the title is a bit exaggerated. I use my Z30 all the time and I think it's one of the best phones out there. I'm out on a job and we are taking a ton of photos with our phones - I with my Z30, my friend with his iPhone 6. When were are done, my friend tells me that he will upload the photos to "the cloud" when he gets back to the office. I plug in a 32GB memory stick to the side of my Z30, download the photos, a few PDF documents and a video. Hand him the memory stick and say "there ya go". He looked at me in amazement and could not believe I just did that. I then asked him to email me two attachments in the same email - one photo, one Word document. He couldn't. Then he said, sh#t, I need a Blackberry.

That's all to the story but a lot to be said about a phone as versatile as the Blackberry - especially the Z30.

SBA
    I can actually visualise a 15 second commercial with that exact story... complete with the crickets chirping right after the memory stick is handed to him.
    Great story!

Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-10-15 06:24 PM
    I can actually visualise a 15 second commercial with that exact story... complete with the crickets chirping right after the memory stick is handed to him.
    Great story!

Z10-9900-Playbook
    Yep I don't understand why BlackBerry� doesn't do just that.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:50 PM
    It's not condescending nor does it make anyone look foolish. It just highlights the Blackberry Z30, in a very practical way.

Z10-9900-Playbook
    gruv4u, andy957, sk8er_tor and 2 others like this.
    02-10-15 07:02 PM
    Yep I don't understand why BlackBerry� doesn't do just that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, BlackBerry needs to show people what their phones can do so that they are not just dismissed as "dead".

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    02-10-15 07:30 PM
    Cool story. Iphones weren't never known from their email handle, but it seems not much people care about it. By the way, I'm surprised he didn't ask you to exchange these photos by whatspp, snapchat,...
    02-10-15 07:32 PM

SBA
    Whenever I read stories like this it makes me laugh and think of that Sammy commercial mocking iFans waiting in line for their new fix. And of of the guy says, "don't worry guys well get that next year."

Apple: Now in iOS9 you can send two attachments in the same email increasing your productivity
    Crowd/Media: OMG! Best....Update....Ever! * applause *
    02-10-15 07:35 PM
    Lol..+1000

Kindness is difficult to give away, because it keeps coming back.
    02-10-15 08:30 PM
    I don't use an iPhone, but I thought they support OTG accessories? Couldn't your friend/colleague have done the same?

If so, it might explain why BBRY hasn't used such in a commercial...
    02-10-15 08:42 PM
    my wife has a samsung s3 and it supports usb on the go. so as much as I love my BlackBerry there not the first to have it.
    I just think most smartphone users don't either realize what you can really do with a smartphone or they just check Facebook

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:59 PM
    Should be an ad for BlackBerry

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    muindor likes this.
    02-10-15 09:00 PM
    Nice.... did you show him the features of BlackBerry?
    Which display did you like- iPhone or z30?

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-11-15 01:41 AM
    A friend had been on his Z10 for close to a year now. He didn't know how to take a snapshot on his device without an app.

I showed him how he could do that using the 2 volume keys.

He was delighted

From my ZedThir30 with Love. STA 100-2 (OS 10.3.1.2243)
    emanuel0ss0 and awindsr like this.
    02-11-15 03:31 AM
    Hahahahaha nice one!! Thumbs up for bringing this up! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:27 AM
    Can't wait for the commercial

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    02-11-15 05:31 AM
    you really can't stop Apple from coming late to the needs of millions,just read this morning that 2 out of every 3 payments made with or by a mobile phone are done via iPay.BB had this capability for years and Apple just came out with it,so ?
    02-11-15 05:44 AM
    So NFC has been out for years but Apple kicked it's usage up a notch.
    02-11-15 08:19 AM
    Agreed, BlackBerry needs to show people what their phones can do so that they are not just dismissed as "dead".

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    It's just another case of "If only the people knew".

The Z30 and Passport could have killed it in the business, prosumer and consumer markets.

But sadly... BlackBerry would rather grab defeat from the jaws of victory with their bull headed refusal to advertise.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-11-15 09:08 AM
    Should be an ad for BlackBerry

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    With that suggestion you've already done more than BlackBerry when it comes to marketing!!

Great idea and I guess it would be a nice advert. "The advantage of having a BlackBerry"!!!

FF22 likes this.
    02-11-15 09:14 AM
    Whenever I read stories like this it makes me laugh and think of that Sammy commercial mocking iFans waiting in line for their new fix. And of of the guy says, "don't worry guys well get that next year."

Apple: Now in iOS9 you can send two attachments in the same email increasing your productivity
    Crowd/Media: OMG! Best....Update....Ever! * applause *
    And then Apple will patent it.
    :P
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-11-15 09:25 AM
    I don't use an iPhone, but I thought they support OTG accessories? Couldn't your friend/colleague have done the same?

I don't think so. i-devices are so narrow minded. Their "innovative" NFC chip can only work with "Pay", nothing else.
    02-11-15 12:06 PM
    To be honest, I have no idea what features an iPhone can and cannot do other that what I stated at the beginning of this post, and perhaps a few more. The point is this, even if the iPhone does support OTG accessories, the user probably needs some type of adapter, or to connect the phone to iTunes or something ridiculous like that. With the Z30, just plug it in using the micro usb slot on the side of the phone. Does't get much simpler than that and for me, that's what counts. My time is too valuable to fiddle with adapters, cords and iTunes. I just want to do everything with my phone and be self sufficient at it.

SBA
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    02-11-15 02:57 PM

OTG what? It doesn't have usb port. They have proprietary connections.

Posted via CB10
    oo_se7en likes this.
    02-11-15 03:37 PM
    I have had my '30, on a phone call, boss sent me pdf purchase order for a customer, I opened it, looked at it, and verified it, and then forwarded it (sometimes multiples pdfs) back to the purchasing cluck, er clerk, all the while still talking to the boss, and when all was done, let him know, he was happy and that was it.

3 minutes in total time, and they guy with me asked how did I do that, I tried to show him on his device (Samsung), and after about 30 minutes we both gave up. He now sports a Z30 these days....

Folks just have to see these Tools in action.......
    02-11-15 03:39 PM
90 123 ...