So far, my Z30 is still my every day device, but man, these issues are really bothering me.

1) Shuts down or reboots occasionally. Yesterday twice. Phone rang once, then pow shut itself off. 2 hours later, it dinged that an email arrived, then rebooted before I could even see the notification.

2) When I try to add something to an existing contact, it never does it. Have to make it 'create new' to get it to show up.

3) Audio is so quite, have so much trouble hearing callers unless I'm in a really quiet place.

4) Sometimes it will not let me highlight to copy a phone number in an email, it'll pick anything else in the email but just won't let me get those little blue bars around the phone number.

5) Similar thing on web pages, sometimes when I click a link, it picks some other link on that page.

I love this phone, man I hope these things can be fixed with updates. Sometimes I use my HTC One for the day, it works perfect but I miss the swiping gestures and the hub so much that I end up back on the Z30 inspite of all these things.
    08-21-14 12:43 PM
    Try reloading the OS or doing a wipe then reload

Z10
    08-21-14 12:52 PM
    Wow, that's a lot of issues, Are you running the official/stock OS? Did you get the device new from your carrier, or used from a third party?
    I have had mine since January and not one hiccup.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-21-14 12:55 PM
    I'm still on stock 10.2.1.2126
    Yes, new from Verizon. I have more issues than that, these are just the really annoying ones
    08-21-14 12:55 PM
    Hopefully, you still in the 30 day return window? If so exchange it for a new one.
    If you are out of it, then I would back up everything and then do a wipe and reload (I know you shouldn't have to at this point seeing as it is a new device!)
    08-21-14 02:03 PM
    There is definitely something wrong with your phone, whether it's software or hardware I'm not sure. I've never suffered any of these problems on my Z30, it's still as smooth as back in April when I bought it (I run several Android apps and games on it).

I suggest you check your warranty and consider having it replaced by your carrier. Before that however, try reloading the OS, perhaps it's a software issue.

P.S. I reiterate, these are not common issues on the Z30.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    08-21-14 02:16 PM
    I consider myself a power user on this device. New device, had it since June2014 and only use official software. Never had any hardware issues!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    08-21-14 02:28 PM
    I would try re-loading the OS before asking for a return/exchange.

I've never had any of the issues you listed above.
    08-21-14 04:45 PM
    Only had mine for a couple days but I don't have any of these issues. All working fine here. Maybe some of the suggestions above would help. Hope you get it resolved.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:01 PM
    The only issue I have is facebook, apart from that nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:34 PM
    Oh wow I assumed these were common Issues....
    I've had my phone since April, it was "issue free" for quite a while then these started creeping up. I guess I could try the wipe, here is what worries me though...
    1) my backups might not restore properly
    2) reloading backups might reintroduce the issue again in case it's something configuration wise that's triggering it
    3) or I get lucky and it helps. I did remove amazon app store app and so far it seems like my battery is lasting longer. I was getting 3 days then I think it was after I loaded that app it dropped to 1.5 days. Maybe it was causing some of these other issues too. No reboots so far today either....
    08-21-14 09:16 PM
    Oh yeah and thanks for all the comments and help!
    08-21-14 09:17 PM
    My only problem on my Verizon z30 is call quality, I can hear people OK, could be louder, but people always tell me that they have a hard time hearing me, not volume but distortion.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:51 AM
    a
    Try reloading the OS or doing a wipe then reload

Z10
    agreed usually doing a system wipe and re-installing the os factory fresh will solve the issues you are having. Sometimes depending on the app you are installing it can corrupt the registry in your device and cause the issues you are having.
    08-22-14 09:38 AM
    For the backup, I need to install that blackberry software on my pc? What will it 'backup'? Email settings? Apps with its settings? Stored passwords?....
    08-22-14 11:14 AM
    Update: Removed amazon app store and evernote. So far no reboots, but battery still only lasts about 36 hours, about 1/2 what it did for the first month when I got the phone. Not sure what's doing that but I guess as long as it makes it more then 'my day lasts' it's good enough.
    08-26-14 11:24 AM
    I have zero problems with my Z30. Weird that you're experiencing some.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:27 PM
    I'm still on stock 10.2.1.2126
    Yes, new from Verizon. I have more issues than that, these are just the really annoying ones
    Ditch that VZW OS and load up 10.3
    What you have on there is woefully out of date
    08-26-14 09:12 PM
    I'm tempted to try 10.3, I did get the random 'shut off' again today. Went to use my phone and it had turned itself off
    08-27-14 02:17 PM
    I'm tempted to try 10.3, I did get the random 'shut off' again today. Went to use my phone and it had turned itself off
    I have the same issue with earpiece... almost un usable, its a phone after all. It might be an OS issue for z30 on Verizon, I am waiting for updates but if it doesn't fix it I will have it replaced

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:45 PM
    Update: Removed amazon app store and evernote. So far no reboots, but battery still only lasts about 36 hours, about 1/2 what it did for the first month when I got the phone. Not sure what's doing that but I guess as long as it makes it more then 'my day lasts' it's good enough.
    Wow only 36 hours? I can only get about 18 out of mine. Lasts me the day though, and compared to the 4 or 5 I got from my z10 I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:49 PM
    * I agree, the volume has GOT to be increased. Earpeice, speakerphone and bluetooth are all too quiet unless I'm in a silent enviroment

* LOL, well, what I was comparing was I had been getting about 72 hours, then suddenly it cut in half with no changes in use. I posted a few months ago in a thread on here I had charged up and 3 days later it was finally down in the twentysome percent. Now I charge every night so I'm sure it'll make it though the day. That's still better than any other phone I've had though.

* I really really wish they'd either ditch those active frames, or make it that if you like swipe up, it just closes and if you swipe down it goes active frame. I get SO frustrated when my phone is in it's dash cradle in the car and I'm using bluetooth, I finish a call, swipe the phone app, it goes to an active frame, now I gotta hit that friggen teeny little X to close it out, I miss, redial, hang up, swipe down, miss, it opens again, swipe again, peck peck peck trying to hit that X, grrrr. There is no reason for the phone to even go to an active frame, there is no info. there, the phone app is always running anyway, it's just annoying.
    08-28-14 11:40 AM