First thread I've created. At least I can now easily find a central repository - off my device! - for my thoughts/observations. It's not (necessarily) for complaints, though solutions - and/or "Aha!" moments - do sometimes come out of those!

1: I've turned on the "Flip to Save Power", but left the "Lift to Wake" feature off, yet it wakes up within the first minute. I really don't mind and it could have something to do with my screen timeout; just sayin'. I need(?) to investigate.

2: Upon moving one app to another to create a new folder, the system rebooted whilst renaming the folder. Huh?!
    I tried it again upon reboot; no problem.

3: It now *seems* swiping your current app up requires a more deliberate (=slower) swipe.

This is what I've discovered so far since last night's non-SIM update to my shop-Z30.
    Now that's a "load" off my mind!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:21 AM
    After an OS update you should reboot your device several times and give it a few days to settle. I always find mine works better after 2 days. Those things you mentioned have not been issues for me
    02-26-15 10:27 AM
    Thanks. The reboot re: issue 2 lends weight to what you've suggested. I've been around computers long to know this; but I do forget!
    02-26-15 12:00 PM
    I have yet to use any of the Flip-to-wake, sleep, whatever since I have mine in a case with a (self-inserted) sleep magnet.
    02-26-15 12:07 PM
    Keep an eye on the phone rebooting by itself. If it was just the one time no big deal, but if it occurs a few more times you may want to look into a reload of your OS.

Did you update OTA? They can sometimes be glitchy so using an autoloader may be your answer.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    02-26-15 12:10 PM
    One thing I've noticed, when the phone is asleep and you plug it in, the shade that drops down for Bedside mode is kind of hard to see, although I'm usually in Battery Saving mode. And when you pull down to enter Bedside mode the clock stays in Portrait. I've got my Z10 in a BlackBerry dock. The clock used to flip to Landscape.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:11 PM
    4: I didn't think of mentioning this as it was part of the upgrade process itself, but in light of Howard's suggestion re: auto reboots, here is another weird thing.
    The 1.0GB OTA update downloaded TWICE and installed twice. However, the final update added only ~700MB.

It seems reboot is a common theme. Fortunately, besides that single reboot, it hasn't happened since.
    02-26-15 03:13 PM
    I noticed, since the past two leaks (and the official one that just came out), the notifications for events such as ebay and other apps, no long show details of what's happening.

Ie I'd get an ebay notification, before I'd be able to see the actual item title and would be able to click on it to launch ebay app and jump to the subject matter, now I can see the notification, however when I go into it, it's blank.

Ie. Even with amazon app store, before when there's an update, I'd be able to click on the notification and see exactly which app is available for update, but now it's also blank. (see pics below)

The notification shows, then I click on the notification and......
    Issues/Anomalies with 10.3.x and Possible/Helpful Resolutions-img_20150226_162021.png

See a blank black screen

Issues/Anomalies with 10.3.x and Possible/Helpful Resolutions-img_20150226_162029.png

Posted with CB10 on Z30
    02-26-15 03:22 PM
    5: I like that I can now scroll through the auto frames instead of two sets of four, but it seems to be jerky. Will collect some more issues (here's hoping there'll be none) before rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:22 PM
    Issues/Anomalies with 10.3.x and Possible/Helpful Resolutions-img_20150226_211127_edit.png
    Anyone else see this issue? Top of the keyboard covers the text field so I can't see what I'm typing.

It's not like that if I switch to landscape but I can't type as well in landscape.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:15 PM
    I have observed that updating the OS is a bit of a resource hog for a day or two immediately after installing. I have also observed that on days that I am in and out of several apps (even with permission to run when minimized) set to off, that the RAM doesn't get released fairly often. I first notice it when I touch an icon and get no response and I have felt like I needed to touch the screen differently or press harder to get the application executed and what I have found from time to time is that when I go and check how much RAM is being used, I see that it is over 1.5 or 1.6 GB. When I reboot it will open back up with just over a Gig of RAM being used. When I use the manual procedure to terminate some unneeded processes related to apps that I closed earlier, that I can get it down to about 1.2 gigs at which time performance resumes in a fashion that I like.

I noticed that the new and upcoming "midrange" phone has specs that are almost equivalent t to the Z30. That is a smart move on Blackberry's part because it gives them another economic life cycle for gear that was engineered, assembled and distributed once before. In my business we call that double dipping.

With the new midrange phone being essentially equivalent to the Z30 that I have now, it gets me very excited to think that the next top tier BlackBerry phone will have the latest and greatest Qualcomm Chip and 3 or perhaps 4 gigs of 1600Mhz Ram.

I doubt that the next Processor is going to make a big difference for the users experience. 3 GIGS of Ram is 50% more than I have now. I'd even give up a little battery size for that. I have no reservations about having lots of charging devices and chords scattered around my life.

I have been a BlackBerry user since the beginning. I like their products. I bite my tongue around IPHONE enthusiasts.

So in summary., I am excited about BlackBerry and I am excited about the future. As far as the complainers are concerned, I have never received a new device that didn't have a couple of wboopsies to figure out. That is true for my laptop computers and desktop computers. There are generally a couple of settings that have to be identified and set so that it behaves the way I work best.

Take what is useful and throw the rest away.

Will. Z30
    02-26-15 09:23 PM
    For Mr RonBHolms

Take a look inside your settings and go into "accessibility". Do you have the "Reader" or "Magnify" services toggled on or off. You might try configuring those differently until you find what your preferences are.

It could be something else but that is what came to mind first. I'll look around and see if there are any other possibilities that jump out at me. Let me know what you find out.

Will. Z30
    02-26-15 09:29 PM
    I have found an issue with WiFi on Z30STA100-5 with OTA update to 10.3.1.2267
    I have had the following issues:
    Browser doesn't load a Web page or app won't refresh data (when an Internet connection is required). - I try turning off the mobile network but with no avail and if I turn off WiFi and turn the mobile network I am able to open that page or refresh an app.
    - I have believed not to be on WiFi because the symbol is missing but as soon as I turn off the network connection it shows that I am on WiFi.
    - there are times when my Z30 won't automatically connect to a saved network. Sometimes I find that the enable connections has become disabled. Or sometimes I click on it and it will go through the authentication process and connect.
    - there are three Z10s in the house as well that do not seem to have had any issues with WiFi since the update (same carrier - Rogers).
    The only saved network that I have had the problem with is my home network which has not been changed and seemed fine on the last version I was on.
    I was on 10.3.1.9xx. (can't remember the exact number).
    I have done a few hard restarts
    I remember there being a similar problem on a much earlier software version n the Z10 but none of the threads really isolated the issue or really provided a resolution.

Hope someone can lead me to a solution. I am scared to see my next bill.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:34 PM
    @BB10
    What happens when you shut down, remove the SIM, boot and try running the device on Wi-Fi?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:46 PM
    @BB10
    What happens when you shut down, remove the SIM, boot and try running the device on Wi-Fi?

Posted via CB10
    I am replying now with Sim card removed (performed steps as you suggested). I showed as connected but I couldn't get into the forums until I turned off the mobile network.
    I will monitor for a bit and see if I lose the connection.
    Edit
    Just tried playing around on Facebook and the weather channel and there are times where it just gets the spinning circle and yet it shows most bars are full.

One other strange thing is that my home screen wallpaper went back to the stock one. After following the steps you first suggested.

If you have any other insights please do share. I am not very technical and I really don't know how to troubleshoot past what I have mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10_fan1; 02-26-15 at 11:14 PM.
    02-26-15 11:01 PM
    Got a Z30 here that runs fine but the screen stays blank. IF you mess around with turning it off, waiting, turning it on then waiting, then push volume up and down at the same time for 30 seconds till force restart, then you can finally see the screen. But, if you let it go blank again it won't come back on. She's a new BB phone owner, first one ever and probably last now.
    02-26-15 11:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150226_211127_edit.png 
Views:	857 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	337246
    Anyone else see this issue? Top of the keyboard covers the text field so I can't see what I'm typing.

It's not like that if I switch to landscape but I can't type as well in landscape.

Posted via CB10
    I think there's a thread on the issue. For some folks, they downloaded a newer/updated bbm.
    02-26-15 11:27 PM
    Re: F2's response, that's a good point.

Update your apps after the OS upgrade. I'm stealing that as #6.

6: Update your currently installed apps. It may not be obvious, actually it isn't, but go to BB World's My World and check for updates. There were 13(!) just waiting there for my brand new 10.3.1.x.

7: Rotation appears to be fine thus far.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 07:45 AM
    8: Another reminder point: The upgrade shouldn't have changed any of your settings, but...

I went into my device's (now extended) Settings option and checked to ensure settings I had previously changed didn't revert to their defaults. (I guess that would apply to individual "problematic" apps too.)

E.g., Windows 8's monthly roll-up updates always gives me back the 6 default user folders and I always have to go into the Registry and remove the 4 I don't want.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:31 AM
    have reset my notification tunes several times several times but song only plays for a second. It played the whole song before on 10.2.1. Is there a fix or setting change. Or is there a software glitch.
    HELP
    02-27-15 08:43 AM
    9: ROTATION: No issues.
    It rotates when its supposed to and doesn't when it's locked.
    When charging, the clock rotates correctly in portrait and landscape modes, and dims appropriately as it did in the older OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:37 PM
    10: TWO FINGER SWIPE FROM TOP: To bring up the Quick Settings menu from within any app works superbly! This is one feature I love.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:41 PM
    11: BB LINK: Setup automagically to my original Surface Pro. I was very surprised how seamless that was. I haven't played much, but some voice recordings did play well on my tablet streaming from the Z30 via wireless link.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:47 PM
    ...If you have any other insights...
    I would delete/forget the profile recreating it as part of the troubleshooting process.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:08 PM
    12: OTG: I posted this elsewhere, but like I said at the start of this thread, this is a bit of a check off list for me too.

OTG works well using FAT & FAT32 drives. The sizes tested were 2 & 16GB.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:13 PM
35 12