Hello all, I seem to be having an odd issue. I purchased an aftermarket USB cable because the one supplied with my Z30 is too short. Where I have it plugged in, I need a longer cable, hence the purchase of a 10ft. cable. Now the issue is this, I use the same charge head that came with my Z30, but when I plug the USB cable into it, it recognizes it for about 5 seconds, but then shows a red ! and = symbols on the battery icon. It doesn't charge, and just sits there. Now I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?! Is anyone else having this issue. Any help would be very much appreciated!
    02-03-14 02:53 AM
    Hi egyptian_lynx and welcome to the CrackBerry Community !
    USB cable and length are bad friends.10ft is quite a long cable (max USB cable length is approx 14ft). You need a solid quality level here. I believe both the length and the fact that it's not BlackBerry genuine (I mean quality build) leads you in this problem.

Cheers
    SF
    02-03-14 03:30 AM
    Hi egyptian_lynx and welcome to the CrackBerry Community !
    USB cable and length are bad friends.10ft is quite a long cable (max USB cable length is approx 14ft). You need a solid quality level here. I believe both the length and the fact that it's not BlackBerry genuine (I mean quality build) leads you in this problem.

Cheers
    SF
    Absolutely! I would strongly recommend you either get a plug socket extension cable or purchase an older BlackBerry charger (the PlayBook one should serve you well), the cables in those are slightly longer than the USB cables.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-03-14 04:09 AM
    I suppose that might be why my aftermarket car charger doesn't work. Its a retractable cable but when fully extended is probably 6 or 8 feet long, give or take. Does anyone know how long the longest OEM Cable that I can get is? Does BlackBerry or anyone put out a high quality cable I can get...sigh...this is frustrating. lol

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:20 AM
    BlackBerry Micro-USB Cable | BlackBerry USB Cables | ShopCrackBerry
    seems to be available in 1.5 meter (+/- 4ft)

But if your goal is to charge your device ... then you might consider simply to use an electrical extension cord between the charger and the wall socket and use it just as shipped

BTW, you have a nice promo for a genuine car charger right now ... (I just bought one, I have no commission whatsoever lol)
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Grwbp5D-
    02-04-14 02:43 AM