Just wanted to add some of my experience as a working professional, I do alot of emailing mainly.

I don't play games and only use a few apps for measurements or lighting.

Iphone4s was great phone and great apps that I never used, but screen sort of sucks and im not a fan of how inflexible ios is.

Went to HTC one gotta say sleek fast widgets were cool, very flexible os!!! Screen was amazing phone look good battery sucks *** at first after couple of updates it got better but try emailing using Google maps and battery died stupid fast, basically had to keep it plugged in all the time. Emailing is good, but typing sucks *** was worse then iPhone I keep hitting the god dam change language key, when you drive and follow ppl for a living and need to text this sucks asssssss.
    cracked my HTC one screen so decided can't get another one can't go iPhone so picked up the z30..

My god best work phone I've ever used bar none, actually best phone I've ever had period.
    Battery life is RIDonkulous!
    Slick looking phone
    Reception check
    Emailing is really awesome with hub
    Typing is exceptional even vrs qwerty because touch is less tiring tbh. Not that it's tiring to type but still.
    Audio is great
    List keeps going,

But I feel this z30 device really is a level beyond the super hi specced phones on the market right now. It's the whole packadge.

The only con I have is HTC one has a built in data use app where BlackBerry have to pay for a n app oh well.

Just find it amazing the comments on gizmodo on how BlackBerry is a fail for everything...man apple really has some hard core fans.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:28 PM
    Nice! Glad you like yourZ30, we need positive threads like this.
    10-24-13 09:37 PM
    Awesome, can't wait for mine

Posted from my Z10
    10-24-13 09:49 PM
    What an excellent thread and I share your thoughts. Before I purchased my Z30 I did a fair bit of product research. I used the IPHONE 5 and totally disliked it - the keyboard, the small screen, a mediocre browser. Then I played with the Samsung S4 - an interesting concept and kinda fun at first, but with day to day business use it felt quirky and almost irrelevant ( do I really need a 13 meg camera? ).. Then I received my Z30 - it starts with minimal expectations - unassuming and quiet - then with a few swipes it blows your socks off. Liquid smooth OS, beautiful visuals, and the sound - wow, the sound. Enhancements to the Hub, calendar and typing experience round out the verdict. But don't tell anyone - let it be our little secret! After all, the Canadian media would look foolish if BlackBerry returned from the grave.
    chopachain and R Field like this.
    10-24-13 10:16 PM
    Nice, I think a lot of people don't realize that going for the best processor, the highest resolution, biggest screen does come at a cost.

PC's are no different. You want to be a a gamer? The cost is $ up front for the latest hardware (big money - CPU $3000+ or $300-500+ just to start) and $ for electricity! Put a good video card. I build the most power efficient functional business pc's and servers that I can and I can save anyone $100-$200 a year and make sure they do want they want without waiting more than anyone else! So what do you want?

But is it really that bad to give someone who is working for you a $1.99? I would pay $1.99 any day to anyone who is actually doing a desent job. Of you give a little you will get a lot! Nothing is free? Crap is free! If you don't five them cash, they have to get it another way. Free crap makes good stuff disappear. There is always a price to pay.

I work hard to negotiate good pricing for anyone I work for, but suppliers and developers need money too. I make sure they are ok. Never screw your suppliers if you want to keep getting good stuff, imo.

And for $.99, I would give that to a former developer on the street!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:17 PM
    Savings based on annual electricity usage which translates into battery life too, just like every laptop, tablet... Savings on hardware cost too, most businesses don't go to the top, ever, productivity is really the only thing that matters for most businesses.

On that note, I can type faster on a Z30 than anything else, including editing spell check, copy, paste, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:22 PM
    Great sound, great video AND great battery! Plus a lot of productive useful apps and functionality (hub, priority hub, peak, how you peak at a photo you just shot, sharing...).

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:24 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Agree.. the Z30 Is the best I have ever owned so far.....

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 01:46 AM
    @atjgr and dickdorf. Thanks for those awesome posts. Cant wait to get my Z30. Im so jealous.

Has anybody noticed how little doom and gloom posts theres been this week on CB?
    10-25-13 04:56 AM
    Nice read! If the Z30 didn't exist,...and my Z10 was to get run over by an 18 wheeler!,...just say'n, I'd by another Z10. Just like that! Props to all Z30 owners.

JMDZ10
    10-25-13 07:49 AM
    Totally agree with this post!

The keyboard experience on the Z30 is even better on the Z10.

I love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:52 AM
    Another agreeing with you all. I own a phone store in Australia. A Telstra Store (biggest telco down under). I get given all the latest phones, I have an iphone 5s, S4, Sony Z1 and now Z30. For me and the amount of work via email, messaging and calls the Z30 is unbeatable (unless I go swimming and wanna take under water pics).

Posted via CB10
    anon(5769508) likes this.
    10-25-13 08:03 AM
    Some carriers have a free data monitor app (ex. my verizon)
    10-25-13 08:10 AM
    Yes the Z30 is an awesome productivity device and will even get better with more updates.
    Simply a joy to hold and use all day!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:19 AM
    Love my Z30. For it is the perfect size to type on. Absolutely love love love the keyboard. Battery life is just crazy. You could not find a better work phone for emails and texts. And with its insane reception (I am out and about in the country) and voice quality it is the ruler of the phone part of smartphone period.
    10-25-13 09:21 AM
    Z30 is very productive indeed. Screen size is perfect, my Z10 is too small now. Had xperia z and z ultra few weeks ago, but can't stand typing, email, and no unified inbox.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-25-13 09:26 AM
    I tracked my Z30 to the Canadian border at 6 AM today. I assume the US Customs is folding, stampling and mutilating it as is their wont. After that, I'll watch it head my way. When it does, I'll give the definitive review. No other review will be needed. With a single word from me you will know if you must grab or pass.
    10-25-13 09:44 AM
    Just wanted to add some of my experience as a working professional, I do alot of emailing mainly.

I don't play games and only use a few apps for measurements or lighting.

Iphone4s was great phone and great apps that I never used, but screen sort of sucks and im not a fan of how inflexible ios is.

Went to HTC one gotta say sleek fast widgets were cool, very flexible os!!! Screen was amazing phone look good battery sucks *** at first after couple of updates it got better but try emailing using Google maps and battery died stupid fast, basically had to keep it plugged in all the time. Emailing is good, but typing sucks *** was worse then iPhone I keep hitting the god dam change language key, when you drive and follow ppl for a living and need to text this sucks asssssss.
    cracked my HTC one screen so decided can't get another one can't go iPhone so picked up the z30..

My god best work phone I've ever used bar none, actually best phone I've ever had period.
    Battery life is RIDonkulous!
    Slick looking phone
    Reception check
    Emailing is really awesome with hub
    Typing is exceptional even vrs qwerty because touch is less tiring tbh. Not that it's tiring to type but still.
    Audio is great
    List keeps going,

But I feel this z30 device really is a level beyond the super hi specced phones on the market right now. It's the whole packadge.

The only con I have is HTC one has a built in data use app where BlackBerry have to pay for a n app oh well.

Just find it amazing the comments on gizmodo on how BlackBerry is a fail for everything...man apple really has some hard core fans.

Posted via CB10
    see if there's a data monitor app somewhere in the carriers' native apps,,, my carrier, sprint, has a little app/widget icon that gives me all my data/phone/text info...
    10-25-13 10:31 AM
    I have all the same feelings it is the BEST phone I have ever used. Screw the specs as this thing is rocket fast and nice to look at. The thing I like the most is it looks like a BB!
    10-25-13 11:15 AM