Yes I'm so impressed and thankful.

Here is the story.

Went to Seaworld in San Diego with the family and went on the water tube ride. Yes, I put my z30 in my front cargo shorts pocket as it was camera as well as phone for the outing.

You can guess the horror when everyone got SOAKED to the bone. My shorts got wet completely including the phone.

I though well that's it. Time to get a new phone. Didn't think it would be working.

Well to my surprise, it was fine! The phone was moist all over but not damaged. It was in a BlackBerry transform case which may have helped.

Wiped it dry and it's been weeks with no issue.

It's not a full dunk in water but close enough.

Thanks BlackBerry for making a good and tough phone.

Cheers,

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    mas_quemex and Carl Estes like this.
    07-06-14 04:06 PM
    Wow! You sure were lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad the phone was not injured!
    07-06-14 04:17 PM
    Goodness that was a close call. Hope my Z30 never faces any such test.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    07-06-14 04:27 PM
    Scary story, but good to hear how it stood up to a soaking.
    07-06-14 05:30 PM

Here is the story.

Went to Seaworld in San Diego with the family and went on the water tube ride. Yes, I put my z30 in my front cargo shorts pocket as it was camera as well as phone for the outing.

You can guess the horror when everyone got SOAKED to the bone. My shorts got wet completely including the phone.

I though well that's it. Time to get a new phone. Didn't think it would be working.

Well to my surprise, it was fine! The phone was moist all over but not damaged. It was in a BlackBerry transform case which may have helped.

Cheers,

I guess with the Z30 you can't take off the back to see if the little indicator inside changed color from water? Glad it still works. The case probably did help.

Posted from my Q10
    07-06-14 06:31 PM
    The problem with water is that there can be problems, days or even weeks later because the motherboard became wet and there will be sort of oxidation.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:51 PM

Here is the story.

Cheers,

GENIUS! ..only joking. Glad no Z30's were harmed in the making of this story

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    07-06-14 08:31 PM
    sweet
    07-06-14 08:48 PM
    Dropped mine into toilet by accident, (i'll spare you the details).Completely submerged in otter box case. Quickly pulled it out, removed from case and dried off with paper towels.Never skipped a beat. That was over a month ago now and still no issues. Great case, great phone!
    07-06-14 09:11 PM
    Yeah, I think it really all depends on how much water and how wet the phone gets.

I'm sure phones have been destroyed with far less water - eg. combination of high moisture and humidity levels of say the amazon and a hot sweaty back pocket.

07-06-14 10:50 PM
    3 months ago I was recording a drift show in my city, when suddenly the rain came. I didn't stop as the show was really great, after that I also watched offroad in heavy rain (same day), and I also couldn't believe that my z30 survived without any damage, like a sony z1.... See one of the pic from that day... Maybe you can't see the rain on the photo, but believe me, it was raining all day...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Attached Thumbnails IMPRESSED: z30 and huge moisture/wetness exposure-img_20140112_111941.jpg   IMPRESSED: z30 and huge moisture/wetness exposure-img_20140112_112005.jpg   IMPRESSED: z30 and huge moisture/wetness exposure-img_20140112_111857.jpg  
    07-07-14 01:54 AM
    I honestly believe the z30 is the most underrated phone in the marketplace today.

It also has amazing build...less the volume keys

07-07-14 09:13 AM
    I honestly believe the z30 is the most underrated phone in the marketplace today.

It also has amazing build...less the volume keys

Too bad it was never advertised or offered for sale in any stores. Of course no one has ever heard of it!! I would love to play with one!!

Q10
    07-07-14 11:51 AM
    Dropped mine into toilet by accident, (i'll spare you the details).Completely submerged in otter box case. Quickly pulled it out, removed from case and dried off with paper towels.Never skipped a beat. That was over a month ago now and still no issues. Great case, great phone!
    I woulda got a NEW phone..............

c
    07-07-14 01:50 PM
    HaHa...yea, should have said into toilet before it was used. I too would have got new phone if toilet had been used first!
    07-07-14 03:09 PM