Someone send this thread to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    I'm quite sure they're reading this.
    02-05-14 01:04 PM
    This is clearly nonsense.

The average buyer doesnt even read the techie press, or know (or care) about write downs.

This is just a cop out to excuse an appalling launch and zero advertising. This is how you get people to sit up and notice.

Its also my personal opinion that BB10 phones are pretty dull and uninspiring (given the creative talents available at TAT and QNX). This is why word of mouth/social media hasnt significantly boosted sales.

Blackberry need to be more innovative to differentiate and then market. No one else to blame...

I agree with the point on the lack of innovation in the general user experience and the fact that the hub and gestures were not sufficient to create some viral marketing effects. It is a conservative phone, but then BlackBerry was certainly afraid to repeal a core target, the middle-aged professional.

I however do not believe in the lack of marketing of an otherwise great phone being the fundamental problem. I think what the past 12 months have shown is that BB10 is a (great) niche product. It might appeal to the productivity, communication and security-aware people (and fanboys), but not the average consumer interested or led to think to be interested in apps and games. If there has been a problem with marketing of BB10 then it was that it was not targeted enough at the core market. Instead it suggested that almost every everybody might be interested in this phone.

But the BlackBerry experience is not about what many people nowadays associate with a smartphone. The Android runtime as a way to correspond to these expectations really is a mixed bag - in terms of user experience, privacy and possibly its impact on the bb10 app development. I fully understand why they do not officially promote this feature.

Why should people buy a phone that is relatively expensive but does not do as well what other OS do (i.e. provide a fluid and non-complicated experience of mainstream apps)? I think that strategically they are absolutely right to recognise that they have failed in the consumer market for other reasons than a media conspiracy and concentrate instead on the features on which they are strong and which are relevant to their core markets. Let's hope that they manage to consolidate their handset business by providing great and somewhat boring phones so that we can expect some great devices and software evolutions in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-05-14 03:27 PM
    I agree with the point on the lack of innovation in the general user experience and the fact that the hub and gestures were not sufficient to create some viral marketing effects. It is a conservative phone, but then BlackBerry was certainly afraid to repeal a core target, the middle-aged professional.

I however do not believe in the lack of marketing of an otherwise great phone being the fundamental problem. I think what the past 12 months have shown is that BB10 is a (great) niche product. It might appeal to the productivity, communication and security-aware people (and fanboys), but not the average consumer interested or led to think to be interested in apps and games. If there has been a problem with marketing of BB10 then it was that it was not targeted enough at the core market. Instead it suggested that almost every everybody might be interested in this phone.

But the BlackBerry experience is not about what many people nowadays associate with a smartphone. The Android runtime as a way to correspond to these expectations really is a mixed bag - in terms of user experience, privacy and possibly its impact on the bb10 app development. I fully understand why they do not officially promote this feature.

Why should people buy a phone that is relatively expensive but does not do as well what other OS do (i.e. provide a fluid and non-complicated experience of mainstream apps)? I think that strategically they are absolutely right to recognise that they have failed in the consumer market for other reasons than a media conspiracy and concentrate instead on the features on which they are strong and which are relevant to their core markets. Let's hope that they manage to consolidate their handset business by providing great and somewhat boring phones so that we can expect some great devices and software evolutions in the future.

Posted via CB10
    I believe they had 2 potential paths. Either a niche prosumer phone which modernised the legacy bb7 devices, drawing on the benefits of latest tech but retaining key legacy features OR a consumer device with flashy , innovative TAT ui, major app support, leading edge specs and sleek design.
    Unfortunately, they pitched devices that were neither one or the other.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-05-14 04:03 PM
103 ... 345