Hi,

I'm presently downloading the latest leak (os 10.3.1.1949) for my unlocked STA100-2 Z30, 'coz would like to make "the big jump" from my presently running os 10.2.1.3442.
    First time to this though been a "crackberberry addict" for years now so there always is an aprehension. Well, read all I could possibly and feel rather confident about pursuing. My only CONCERN IS I've been in Cote d'Ivoire -West Africa- for 5 years now and my carrier is Orange (which I beleive is a sub division of Orange France but not sure):
    - will it be a problem with installing a leak os ?
    - should I remove the sim card before proceeding ?
    - any other recommendation/advice ?

I know they won't release the 10.3 update any soon when it rolls out [if they even ever release it!] as they're always 2 years late. Any advice would thus be greatly apreciated. And oh, Happy New Year {'s eve} and XS 2 all u berry rockers
    12-31-14 11:52 AM
    Yes you should be fine, you can do it either way with sim in or out. good luck enjoy and Happy New Year
    12-31-14 11:55 AM
    Thank you soooooooo much 4 your quick reply. Feel more comfortable now. Download is presently at 78% from MEGA, shall proceed when finished and will post the results/impressions.
    Happy New Year.
    12-31-14 12:25 PM
    oops, was downloading latest 10.3 leak from mega for my z30 with chrome and got stuck at 99%; won't resume even after trying the work around stuff (put pc on sleep and then come back to see if it resumes, ya know...)... Finally got tired and aborted process, it's 8:47 pm here and gotta get ready for new year's eve.
    Wanted to give 10.3 a try but think I'll wait for official release. Any ways Withdrawl, again, big xs 4 your support.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-31-14 02:50 PM
    Try MegaDownloader. Version is at 0.83 now, and it let's you resume downloads from mega, and overall decreases chances for a failed download like getting stuck at 99%. (on a pc anyway)

Posted on the Classic via CB10.
    12-31-14 04:41 PM
    Kinda late reply from my part but anyway, big up to Shane8750 for helping.

Posted via CB 10 from rockin' Z30
    02-03-15 10:46 AM
    Hmmm....I would go with Sachesi to load updates from carrier databases if I were you. It is a lot less stressful and nondestructive to existing data on your BlackBerry. Not to mention that you can use a carrier outside of your region as long as that carrier has the OS version you need for the model of BlackBerry you use.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    02-06-15 02:50 PM
    Sorry raw_dog but I'm a bit confused.
    "Hmmm....I would go with Sachesi to load updates from carrier databases if I were you. It is a lot less stressful and nondestructive to existing data on your BlackBerry. Not to mention that you can use a carrier outside of your region as long as that carrier has the OS version you need for the model of BlackBerry you use. " :

1- What if I can't find the updates for my carrier? Could I use ones from same carrier but different region/country?
    2- Are data strictly personal (emails/sms/phone contacts/game obb files etc.)? If so I don't mind risking losing them since I have backups.
    Or can there be kind of a core system-carrier dependancy resulting in potentially harming my phone?
    3- Correct me if wrong but having a free from contract unlocked phone I could still go prepaid and insert any sim card worldwide, right? Does the service provider from region x absolutely has to have that os version for that blackberry model I use?

Don't know if going with os 10.3.1.2267 which is the latest autoloader is ok for me now; what are your thoughts (presently 30% downloading from Mega, hope it resumes), Geeks...?
    02-10-15 09:38 AM
    Pls, help...
    I downloaded os 10.3.1.2267 from mega and did backups with link/ultimate back up/manual copy paste. Then closed link before unplugging device and extracting autoloader using 7zip. Next steps were turning phone off, removing sd and sim cards, turning it on, usb pluging it back to laptop and running the autoloader exe.
    It's been 2 hours it's "connecting to bootrom" yet nothing happens! What am I missing...?
    I can read "auto-programmer version 3.11.0.14 <win 32> and I beleive my windows 7 version is 64 bits, does it have any thing to do?
    (Also, I had not disabled hub++led).

If I install the Leak OS, is there a possible carrier provider relation?-stuck-bootrom.jpg
    02-10-15 05:49 PM
    Pls, help...
    I downloaded os 10.3.1.2267 from mega and did backups with link/ultimate back up/manual copy paste. Then closed link before unplugging device and extracting autoloader using 7zip. Next steps were turning phone off, removing sd and sim cards, turning it on, usb pluging it back to laptop and running the autoloader exe.
    It's been 2 hours it's "connecting to bootrom" yet nothing happens! What am I missing...?
    I can read "auto-programmer version 3.11.0.14 <win 32> and I beleive my windows 7 version is 64 bits, does it have any thing to do?
    (Also, I had not disabled hub++led).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stuck at Bootrom.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	332915
    It can take some time but I don't think two hours is right. I'd unplug the usb and see if it boots normally.

You might want to RESTART the device. You can try again. You can also try again WITHOUT the battery when you start the process.

Or wait to see if anyone else has any ideas. You might also consider posting in the LEAK subforum and looking for suggestions from more folks who have used Autoloaders.

Good luck
    02-10-15 07:33 PM
    Xs, Ambassador. Finally unplugged handset. Nothing had happened, phone boots normally.
    It's a z30 so removing battery is not an option. Will restart device later & try again before going any further.

Thanx 4 taking time to help.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-11-15 02:47 AM
    Xs, Ambassador. Finally unplugged handset. Nothing had happened, phone boots normally.
    It's a z30 so removing battery is not an option. Will restart device later & try again before going any further.

Thanx 4 taking time to help.
    Ah, yes, NON-removable battery makes my normal formula of trying both ways, a non-starter!
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    02-11-15 09:13 AM