Verizon Z30 with 10.2.1.(I forgot the rest of the ###s) user.
    At the hub, click on Compose, it shows accounts, and I choose Text Messages. It then prompts me for the recipient. I click on the + and it takes me to my Contacts. If I choose a person with multiple phone numbers and only 1 of those phone numbers can receive and is intended for texting (i.e., a personal cell phone, and the other numbers are land lines), the Z30/BB 10 does NOT allow me to choose from a specific phone number for that chosen recipient.

At the Compose page, if I click on the recipient's name, a drop down appears which lists the person's phone numbers and email addresses. That's fine, but the phone numbers are not labeled with its type of phone number, i.e. mobile, home, work, etc. Most of the time I cannot remember which number is which. Especially if I have a lot of contacts.

This is incredibly inconvenient and really unacceptable in light of the intense competition with the phone platforms and Blackberry's market position on the totem pole these days. My previous phone was just a basic (i.e., non-smart) LG Extravert II. It definitely labeled the various phone numbers of a contact member so that I know to pick the one that will accept texts.

My question then is.... am I missing something here? Is this user error? Oh I know the workaround. Launch Contacts app and choose the person. Then choose that person's mobile-labeled phone number. But come on... it should be intuitive from the Hub!

Is this fixed in the 10.3 upgrade (still awaiting Verizon's release (I'm not holding my breath))?

Or is there a BB native app with a better "composing" function out there?

Speaking of Contacts, when a person also has a landline # and work landline #, why does the app also give you the option of sending a text to those numbers? I'm hoping this is fixed in 10.3 also.
    03-20-15 04:57 PM
    Just start entering the person's name. Don't hit the"+"

Posted from my new Z30 (when it was $249) resting happily in its Otterbox Commuter
    03-20-15 05:04 PM
    I've owned every BlackBerry 10 device except the Z3. If I go to the HUB and select COMPOSE and TEXT it will only allow me to see MOBILE numbers for my contacts. If a person has 2 Mobile numbers usually one is Mobile and One is other. Thus I can remember Mobile is personal and other is work mobile. It's never been an issue for? I wouldn't call it user error. You just have to get use to it and learn your most recent number text to I guess?

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-20-15 05:05 PM
    Oy! That does the trick. Thank you c-5cc

But the whole thing still needs correction.
    03-20-15 05:45 PM
    There was another thread on a very similar subject - trying to distinguish between land line number and mobile.

If you don't get the options suggested, it may be due to your OS version.
    03-20-15 05:49 PM