Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,620 Global Posts

Samsung galaxy s4 is expected to be launched in april. 13mp camera, quad cores for all markets,1080p,etc
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Samsung galaxy s4 is expected to be launched in april. 13mp camera, quad cores for all markets,1080p,etc
    Now THAT'S a beast!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default If the Aristo leak and rumour proves true...

Rim has said they are not in a spec race...and with good reason. BlackBoard10 is running nicely on the dev alpha hardware as it is.

Why get into a spec race when you have an OS as efficient as QNX?

Sure there will be newer more powerful devices from RIM in the future but as they said they are not in a spec race. With that coming from the CEO's mouth,I wouldn't expect it.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    RocPlayr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why so serious?

Default Re: If the Aristo leak and rumour proves true...

Gonna buy the L-series on launch me thinks...not too sure I'm gonna feel the urge to ever look back after that...
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,230 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    It's not that simple;

The specs are DOUBLE the London.
    They're probably not going to give us the chance to choose between this or the London at launch.
    If I buy a Nexus 4 for example, I'm pretty confident that they aren't going to to surprise me with a 8-core Nexus this June.
    You're right, it's actually simpler.

You buy it or you don't.

It's a smartphone you're buying here. Not deciding whether or not to donate a kidney.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  

Are you implying that my gadgets aren't as important as my internal organs?!

Good god, what kind of tech enthusiast are you! :what:
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    You're confusing CPU with GPU. There are already multiple phones out in the market that are already capable of displaying 1080p through external screens. The US Samsung S3 can display 1080p through HDMI, and the US S3 is dual core. iPhone 4S is capable of outputting 1080p. There are 2 generations of iPads with dual core CPU's that are capable of much higher resolution than 1080p. The limiting factor is the screen, not the CPU, or even the GPU in some cases.
    I am not confusing anything, my point was that dual-core and the gpu in it works just fine to power the 720p display in the imminent bb10 devices, the quad-core processors have newer and higher performing gpus that would improve the overall user experience when powering a 1080p display for everything and not simply video or whatever out via hdmi, but there is no inherent reason why they would be needed before then other than for the sake of chasing specs.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3301e407

If the Aristotle leak and rumour proves true...I will still buy a L-series BlackBerry. BB4Life!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,496 Global Posts

CM10.1 isn't stable and official stock 4.2 is fast. Fast as in: If everyone says BB10 is fast, you guys would be the first in line with torches and pitchforks if someone told you they found it slow. Well guess what? Everyone says 4.2 is fast. But the same doesnt apply now right? Ah. I see.
    I don't own any pitchforks or torches. I've already said on these forums that I think the S III is a great device. My point is that the poster experienced lag on an android device...not an unheard of experience. If you disagree then that works but to suggest they are making it up because their experience doesn't match yours is silly.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I don't own any pitchforks or torches. I've already said on these forums that I think the S III is a great device. My point is that the poster experienced lag on an android device...not an unheard of experience. If you disagree then that works but to suggest they are making it up because their experience doesn't match yours is silly.
    It's far from silly, in this case skepticism is quite rational.

When someone claims to be running an unreleased OS, then when challenged explains that it was actually a custom ROM (which was later replaced by stock ROM)
    When someone claims to have gone through not just two, but three of the same device
    When someone claims slow performance of the S3, contradicting just about every review on the web, not to mention personal experience

Taken indvidually, each of those points above is somewhat improbable but still believable. However taken together you have to multiply the probabilities and the story comes out to be rather implausible. And when you take into consideration that these claims are made on a a fansite where wilful misinformation is rampant for the sake of cheerleading, well Occam's razor suggests the simpler explanation. Some skepticism is definitely in order. I would like some proof of these actions that are "slow" on the GS3.
    Thanked by 2:
    omniusovermind (12-11-2012),  reeneebob (12-11-2012) 
    reeneebob, Rello and Rickroller like this.
  11. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Default RE: If the Aristo leak and rumour proves true...

Regardless of platform, if you buy generation one hardware/software you are accepting that more than any later iteration you are going to buy something that might be quickly outmoded by a next generation as a company tries to quickly react with what works and what doesn't work - and you will pay a premium to do so.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Global Posts
    5,496 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post

When someone claims to be running an unreleased OS, then when challenged explains that it was actually a custom ROM (which was later replaced by stock ROM)
    When someone claims to have gone through not just two, but three of the same device
    When someone claims slow performance of the S3, contradicting just about every review on the web, not to mention personal experience

Taken indvidually, each of those points above is somewhat improbable but still believable. However taken together you have to multiply the probabilities and the story comes out to be rather implausible. And when you take into consideration that these claims are made on a a fansite where wilful misinformation is rampant for the sake of cheerleading, well Occam's razor suggests the simpler explanation. Some skepticism is definitely in order. I would like some proof of these actions that are "slow" on the GS3.
    I know three people with an S III and one of them complains about lag. She is returning it for an iphone 5.
    CrackBerry User

Sorry if this has been covered but, will the Bold and Curve names still be used for new models? What is the L/N Series expected to equate to? Bold or Curve?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMiltie View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered but, will the Bold and Curve names still be used for new models? What is the L/N Series expected to equate to? Bold or Curve?
    We can't be sure at this point, sticking with older names such as Torch and Bold (for L and N) would be beneficial for brand recognition, but they might want a complete break to more clearly indicate the change being made with the move to bb10 especially with the all-touch model.

I think the Bold and Curve names might actually survive the move to bb10 since those are clearly defined and with less negative connotations than there are with the all-touch models.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Rim has said they are not in a spec race...and with good reason. BlackBoard10 is running nicely on the dev alpha hardware as it is.

Why get into a spec race when you have an OS as efficient as QNX?

Sure there will be newer more powerful devices from RIM in the future but as they said they are not in a spec race. With that coming from the CEO's mouth,I wouldn't expect it.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    While I agree experience is much more important than specs, what worries me is that I have heard this before. I remember podcasts from OS5 and OS6 days and it was claimed on them the hardware was not as high of specs because of how efficient the blackberry OS is. The iphone was already out and bb was just a java os. I just hope its not another excuse by calling qnx so efficient and that its not about specs
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

As was mentioned before, the usual launch cycle of Blackberry is the fall of the year. (Remember we were all speculating on 10/10 for the 10?) My crystal ball says the Aristo will come out in the fall 2013, to fit with the 2013 holiday buying season. That is all.
    Q 10 for the win!
    now on leak 10.3.0.1154 via Sachesi
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
    Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
    CrackBerry Abuser

What if the L-Series (BB10 London) is the 'mysterious' Aristo, minus the quad-core and the ridiculous 2800mAh battery. Because the Rest of the spec's on that device aren't that impossible, a lot of devices in the market have these specifications it's just unusual to see on a blackberry.

Also everyone needs to chill out.

Global Posts
    10,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

It's not that simple;

The specs are DOUBLE the London.
    They're probably not going to give us the chance to choose between this or the London at launch.
    If I buy a Nexus 4 for example, I'm pretty confident that they aren't going to to surprise me with a 8-core Nexus this June.
    LOL. Simple......wait and no shenanigans!! Also, whether you wait or not, the Nexus 4 will only become tempting if that is what you truly want.
    Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry Abuser

Noo removable battery??
    Use Rep Code : N4E1 to save 20% off first time buyer.
    Code works with both site
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask

I cant wait to see this phone and it should be the new flagship device. I would imagine this will not be a cheap phone when it does drop and I will be highly disappointed if the aristo is P'9981 style priced. Doesn't seem to make sense if RIM is loosing money and trying to market a completely un-attainable phone.
    “Today a young man on Acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream within the imagination of ourselves… here’s Tom with the weather.” BH

Global Posts
    6,529 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post

I have yet to encounter lag on my sgs3 (either my red or blue one) with 9 home screens running 12 widgets on top of everything else.

Of course, I don't have a mythical 4.2 release, just stock with apex.

Methinks the poster didn't have it set up properly and it was user error... Or does that excuse only work to cover BB issues?

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    mikeo007 and notfanboy like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,648 Global Posts

Default If the Aristo leak and rumour proves true...

if it bothers you that much wait a while to see if they announce the a-series.
    but i do not agree they should make it available at launch. they need to focus on getting the l series right. all others can wait because a negative reception for the l series means we wont see an a series

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10

Global Posts
    33,340 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Lax, Omni,

CHILL! Or else I start handing out infractions to BOTH of you. Shesh!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #74  

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Lax, Omni,

CHILL! Or else I start handing out infractions to BOTH of you. Shesh!
    No problem, I decided to take care of it earlier courtesy of the ignore button
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    pkcable likes this.
    CrackBerry User

except the only problem is omni was the last one to say anything, like i said i'll pass
    pkcable, itsmedylan and mscm1 like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast