Just as long as it end here we are good.
    12-11-12 08:36 PM
    The leaked spec sheet for the bb10 "aristo" model is all over the Internet. This phone is a beast. All rumors so far point to it NOT being available alongside the launch devices, but around mid-2013. If that's the case, every single one of us who buy a bb10 London phone will be witness to another phone that dwarfs it in comparison just a mere few months of already committing to a purchase. That will make me freaking angry as he11 to say the least. Shenanigans like that make a $350 nexus 4 awful tempting.
    Thor said its not about the hardware spec race. Its about the OS and what it does. The Android hardware makers are in a spec race, because thats the only value add that they can offer. RIM chose not to do that.

Anyways a RIM mid 2013, really means sometime in 2014. You should know that.
    12-11-12 09:22 PM
    Thor said its not about the hardware spec race. Its about the OS and what it does. The Android hardware makers are in a spec race, because thats the only value add that they can offer. RIM chose not to do that.

Anyways a RIM mid 2013, really means sometime in 2014. You should know that.
    The specs aren't all Android has to offer though... With ICS and now Jellybean this is the first time I've felt Android was a finished operating system. With Gingerbread and Froyo I always felt like it was actually a beta OS.

Now that Android is as polished as it is the specs are just icing on the cake.

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    12-11-12 11:21 PM
    The specs aren't all Android has to offer though... With ICS and now Jellybean this is the first time I've felt Android was a finished operating system. With Gingerbread and Froyo I always felt like it was actually a beta OS.
    Your are missing the point of the quote, it isn't that android doesn't offer anything as an os, it is that specs and to a certain extent price are pretty much the only real ways of distinguishing one android device from another.

Just look at HTC and you will see how fast they have to race on with the specs just to keep their head above water, which is a game rim doesn't want to be in and would have probably lost by now if they did get into it.
    12-12-12 11:58 AM
    RIM should just have the processor that they use branded for them like Apple does with the iPhone did, or work with a company to make them one like Apple does now. Start with the B1 or something. Specs aren't as important to Apple and Blackberry as they are in control of the hardware and the software. Android OEM's have to advertise the specs for differentiation, and Android has to support a broader range of hardware, but Apple just tells you how CPU and GPU cores they have in an AX processor. iPhones have always been lower on RAM than other phones, Apple never mentions the RAM amount at events, but the end user doesn't care because the experience is great. Specs are important when comparing common things, but iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BB10 are all different so you can't say a GS3 will blow away a BB10 phone or vice versa based on the processor used.
    12-12-12 03:18 PM
    If you can't figure out how to take advantage of how phone subsidies work, or cannot afford to upgrade every 6 months, just shut up and deal with it. I can't believe this thread made four pages when the thread starter essentially is just upset that product cycles in the smartphone world are shrinking faster and faster.

Here's an idea: Buy RIM stock and if/when BB10 succeeds, they will be paying for your smartphone upgrades with the profits you've made.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-13-12 02:25 AM
    It's far from silly, in this case skepticism is quite rational.

When someone claims to be running an unreleased OS, then when challenged explains that it was actually a custom ROM (which was later replaced by stock ROM)
    When someone claims to have gone through not just two, but three of the same device
    When someone claims slow performance of the S3, contradicting just about every review on the web, not to mention personal experience

Taken indvidually, each of those points above is somewhat improbable but still believable. However taken together you have to multiply the probabilities and the story comes out to be rather implausible. And when you take into consideration that these claims are made on a a fansite where wilful misinformation is rampant for the sake of cheerleading, well Occam's razor suggests the simpler explanation. Some skepticism is definitely in order. I would like some proof of these actions that are "slow" on the GS3.
    I have had 3 gs3's and for no other reason than people come to me when they need/want new phones. I always have a few phones in my possession and when I sell one I usually get another with the recycled money. Every time I use each one for an extended period of time to keep up with the new tech. The Galaxy S3 can be quite fast for browsing, download apps, but when it comes to opening and closing and reopening and going into other apps and sending messages at a quick pace it tends to lag and many times can't keep up. Also, I have tons of crashes with apps on both Android and iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 to the point where there is about 5 per day. Simple things like closing apps can be slow when swiping them away from the recent app list. It's little hiccups like that that really get to me and push me to stop using that phone.

Oh and by the way the 4.2 build I had was very stable (as far as Android goes) so you're just flat wrong. As far as web reviews, I don't care how other people use their phones for reviews since their experiences differ from mine and odds are they weren't using it, just scrolling around the OS. You can think what you want I don't care. I do like BlackBerry but I use everything for multiple reasons, one being I want stay up to date and find what works best for me. The Galaxy S3 didn't cut it. Not the 1st one, 2nd one, or 3rd one so I know it wasn't just one device that was slow.
    12-14-12 09:01 PM
    I have yet to encounter lag on my sgs3 (either my red or blue one) with 9 home screens running 12 widgets on top of everything else.

Of course, I don't have a mythical 4.2 release, just stock with apex.

Methinks the poster didn't have it set up properly and it was user error... Or does that excuse only work to cover BB issues?

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    Yep you're right, user error. Only have had every version of Android starting at 2.0, iOS from the beginning, and BBOS but still don't know how to use them! Darn. No lag on your GS3? Congrats! Not even possible for that to be true but awesome that you like your phone.
    12-14-12 09:07 PM
    Yep you're right, user error. Only have had every version of Android starting at 2.0, iOS from the beginning, and BBOS but still don't know how to use them! Darn. No lag on your GS3? Congrats! Not even possible for that to be true but awesome that you like your phone.
    As have I, and yet I DON'T HAVE LAG. I know lag. I had a Storm. I've seen it on my iPhone 4 since os6. I had it on my 9900. So yes, on 2 different GS3s it is possible to not have lag, even if you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "La lala Lag Lag I can't hear you its true because I've used cell phones since they were rocks tied together and therefore know more than you lalala"

12-15-12 01:48 AM
    Only have had every version of Android starting at 2.0, iOS from the beginning, and BBOS but still don't know how to use them! Darn.
    That's more than possible. I know people who've had every version of Windows since 3.1 and still barely know their way around a PC. (By the way that's a much longer timeframe than Android 2.0 to now). I know plenty of people who try to pass themselves off as tech enthusiasts but they just... aren't.
    12-15-12 09:58 AM
    I just do hope RIM releases the Aristo as THE phone for launch, and instead those London phones are deliberate leaks to keep the real wraps hidden. That would be gleeful.
    12-16-12 02:38 AM
    I just do hope RIM releases the Aristo as THE phone for launch, and instead those London phones are deliberate leaks to keep the real wraps hidden. That would be gleeful.
    No, it would be pointless, they would be increasing their specs and costs needlessly and with a larger display they would be throwing away all that stuff they have started to build about how fast it is to use a bb10 device one-handed since going up to 4.7-4.8" displays means that a lot less people could comfortably use the device all the time that way.
    12-16-12 07:39 AM
    As have I, and yet I DON'T HAVE LAG. I know lag. I had a Storm. I've seen it on my iPhone 4 since os6. I had it on my 9900. So yes, on 2 different GS3s it is possible to not have lag, even if you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "La lala Lag Lag I can't hear you its true because I've used cell phones since they were rocks tied together and therefore know more than you lalala"

I had terrible lag on my Atrix. It was Moto Blur, as soon as I removed it the phone acted like it was a different device.

Absolutely no lag whatsoever on my SGIII. None. In one week plus one day, my SGIII has been obscenely responsive.
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-16-12 11:51 AM
    No, it would be pointless, they would be increasing their specs and costs needlessly and with a larger display they would be throwing away all that stuff they have started to build about how fast it is to use a bb10 device one-handed since going up to 4.7-4.8" displays means that a lot less people could comfortably use the device all the time that way.
    I get your point. I'm just really being a fantasy here lol. I'd be over the moon. Alas that might not happen... Yet.
    12-18-12 02:50 AM
    The problem is that the more people who go on about vague specs, unfeasible and unbuildable concept designs etc. then the more people will buy into the fantasy and will tend to be more negative than they should be about some great new devices that are just over a month away from being officially announced which is a little sad since positive word of mouth will be an important part of the potential success of them.
    lnichols likes this.
    12-18-12 04:27 AM
    The problem is that the more people who go on about vague specs, unfeasible and unbuildable concept designs etc. then the more people will buy into the fantasy and will tend to be more negative than they should be about some great new devices that are just over a month away from being officially announced which is a little sad since positive word of mouth will be an important part of the potential success of them.
    Totally agree. The "leak" of the Aristo was dumb, and I wish that CrackBerry hadn't even posted about it. Fact: Many people didn't give OS7 devices a chance because RIM said that BB10 would be here Q1 2012, and many people decided to wait. Those of us that didn't wait got really good devices in the Bold 99XX, and Torch2, while those that waited have done nothing but complain. The L and N series are what RIM is releasing BB10 on. The Aristo is vaporware. If you wait for the Aristo to materialize, then don't complain on here daily if doesn't show up till late 2013 or early 2014, or ever! Either buy what RIM releases in January/February, or move on! If you get mad every time some company releases a phone with better specs than the one that showed up 6 months earlier then you must be a miserable F!@# because all companies do it at some point!
    12-18-12 07:16 AM
91 ... 234