The leaked spec sheet for the bb10 "aristo" model is all over the Internet. This phone is a beast. All rumors so far point to it NOT being available alongside the launch devices, but around mid-2013. If that's the case, every single one of us who buy a bb10 London phone will be witness to another phone that dwarfs it in comparison just a mere few months of already committing to a purchase. That will make me freaking angry as he11 to say the least. Shenanigans like that make a $350 nexus 4 awful tempting.
    12-09-12 04:40 AM
    So? The mass majority know nothing about "leaks". You've educated yourself enough to know what is potentially coming, up to you to make the choice.

You buy an iPhone 5 knowing there will be an iPhone "6" in approx. a year.
    You by an Nexus 4 knowing there will be an Nexus 5 in approx. a year.

Circle of life in the technology world. There is ALWAYS something better coming.
    12-09-12 05:09 AM
    It's not that simple;

The specs are DOUBLE the London.
    They're probably not going to give us the chance to choose between this or the London at launch.
    If I buy a Nexus 4 for example, I'm pretty confident that they aren't going to to surprise me with a 8-core Nexus this June.
    12-09-12 05:29 AM
    all i see is QQ
    Knightcrawler and p2times like this.
    12-09-12 05:51 AM
    Buying L series day one, upgrading to Aristo later on in year
    12-09-12 05:56 AM
    It's not that simple;

If I buy a Nexus 4 for example, I'm pretty confident that they aren't going to to surprise me with a 8-core Nexus this June.
    You sure ? :P
    12-09-12 05:57 AM
    Okay. Consider...you are assuming that specs are everything. But. A BB 10 device running dual core is going to be better than anything else running quad. If you buy the launch device, on an upgrade say, you can turn around and buy the Aristo,sell your original device and come out even.
    Personally? I don't give a dam...I'm getting the first one, I'm getting the Aristo. On contract, off contract, buy my way out of a contract...I'll give the first one to my boy, or somebody...but I'm getting 'em and that is that.
    Their are no alternatives out there. QNX is our last, best hope to be saved from a world of mediocrity.
    #BB10Believe
    12-09-12 05:58 AM
    all i see is QQ
    grow up, that's really childish.

@Gbone:
    Okay. Consider...you are assuming that specs are everything. But. A BB 10 device running dual core is going to be better than anything else running quad. If you buy the launch device, on an upgrade say, you can turn around and buy the Aristo,sell your original device and come out even
    ok yes, I possibly might make enough selling the London to pay back the early hardware upgrade penalty or close to it. More likely take a loss though, because I doubt the resale value on BB's is going to be high like they are on iPhones. But you're wrong about it running better. The newest version of Android runs fast, and I mean really fast, on dual core phones, let alone quad. So that old mantra that gets tossed around on crackberry about Android lag etc is no longer an effective argument against Jelly Bean android phones. I've owned android for 2 years, and I also own a PB so I'm well aware of the difference and know that OS efficiency > specs, so your guess at what I'm assuming is wrong. It's not JUST about specs though. If Aristo is going to be a higher end phone than London you can be assured it will also have other features the London won't besides just CPU and RAM.
    Personally? I don't give a dam...I'm getting the first one, I'm getting the Aristo. On contract, off contract, buy my way out of a contract...I'll give the first one to my boy, or somebody...but I'm getting 'em and that is that.
    And that's fine for you personally. For people who don't want to buy 2 phones in one year, it's not fine. I'd rather be given the choice up front, for ME to decide what's better for me.
    Last year I bought a 2011 Toyota. Just 4 months later they announced the 2012 model with an option for 30% more cool factor. Worse still, I locked in a 5 year loan. I can't believe those pricks at Toyota let me do that. They should have stopped updates to their products until I'm ready to buy a new one. I'll never buy from them again! Does the word ***** spring to mind for any one else?
    So... you're comparing a $30k vehicle to a smartphone? Thank you for yet another mind numbing smartphone=car analogy. I can't wait for you to start calling smartphone CPU's "V6" and "V8"!

Ok... I've been around web forums long enough to recognize the onset of being rabidly attacked by an apologist mob mentality, so I'll just stop now and observe the gradual degradation of this thread to the eventual point where I'm branded as the herald of Lucifer and responsible for the next plague for daring to criticize

You know what gets me? Crackberry members are SO fast to lump people who voice criticism in along with trolls who are deliberately trying to cause trouble. OK, so the trolls are frustrating I get it. But what I can't accept is blind acceptance of a company no matter what they do to the point where you would rather make caustic remarks at even mild criticism, rather than ask MORE from the company! WTH? I mean this would be good for you! I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around why you would take sides against someone wanting something that would benefit you. Scratch that, I know why. You folks want to be contrary and argumentative.

Just remember this while you're being so forgiving of RIM - Android with v4.2 can now run as fast as BB10 can on equal CPU's and RAM, but they have a quad core with 2GB RAM available right now anyway, not end of 2013, and it's only $350. But I'm the bad guy for questioning a delay on Aristo, do I have that right? Uh huh.

Please.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 12-09-12 at 07:38 AM.
    12-09-12 07:19 AM
    The leaked spec sheet for the bb10 "aristo" model is all over the Internet. This phone is a beast. All rumors so far point to it NOT being available alongside the launch devices, but around mid-2013. If that's the case, every single one of us who buy a bb10 London phone will be witness to another phone that dwarfs it in comparison just a mere few months of already committing to a purchase. That will make me freaking angry as he11 to say the least. Shenanigans like that make a $350 nexus 4 awful tempting.
    The odds are that we will never see a device with exactly those specs and definitely won't see one in mid 2013 for the simple reason that it would harm sales of the existing models and annoy people that already bought those models by that point, neither of which are things that Rim would do at this time since they aren't in a strong position to risk pissing off their customers like Apple did with the two ipads this year.

If you actually stop and look at those specs again, they don't really work now for their original purpose and were probably done based on bb10 having been meant to be out by now and an update in 9 or so months being fine. In that larger display end of the market the expectation is now for a 5" 1080p display and indeed you would need to move up to that level before you reached the point where a quad-core was actually required over the dualcore that is already happily powering a 720p display in the l-series.

Out of the other specs, most of that will actually be in the l-series other than the battery size which is obviously a trade-off with the lack of it being removable along with the memory which we are assuming is going to be 1gig like the dev devices, but who knows with those being less focused on multitasking than a real device maybe we will get 2gig in the l-series as well.
    12-09-12 07:39 AM
    And that's fine for you personally. For people who don't want to buy 2 phones in one year, it's not fine. I'd rather be given the choice up front, for ME to decide what's better for me.
    Aristo will not be coming mid 2013, that was obviously a proposed date back when bb10 was due to have already been out a couple of months by now and any model along those lines would be pushed back to the yearly upgrade from l-series kind of time period or perhaps a little sooner since I expect they would like to bring their upgrade cycle back in line with the holiday period after this first one.

Just remember this while you're being so forgiving of RIM - Android with v4.2 can now run as fast as BB10 can on equal CPU's and RAM, but they have a quad core with 2GB RAM available right now anyway, not end of 2013, and it's only $350. But I'm the bad guy for questioning a delay on Aristo, do I have that right? Uh huh.
    You should write a review for crackberry of the bb10 handset you have used so extensively that you know that android targeted at multiple specs and handsets can run as fast as bb10 that only has to run on one or two sets of hardware.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-09-12 07:45 AM
    It's not that simple;

The specs are DOUBLE the London.
    They're probably not going to give us the chance to choose between this or the London at launch.
    iPhone 5 specs are DOUBLE the iPhone 4S specs. In the tech world, when you buy something, it's obsolete when you walk out the door.
    12-09-12 07:48 AM
    [QUOTE=omniusovermind;7770470]The leaked spec sheet for the bb10 "aristo" model is all over the Internet. This phone is a beast. All rumors so far point to it NOT being available alongside the launch devices, but around mid-2013. If that's the case, every single one of us who buy a bb10 London phone will be witness to another phone that dwarfs it in comparison just a mere few months of already committing to a purchase. That will make me freaking angry as he11 to say the leasty. Shenanigans like that make a $350 nexus 4 awful tempting.[/QUOTE

so I am gonna be first in line for the BB10, and the update for. the PB, Rim has already showed they support their products with updates,(not like some other phones) and leaked spec sheet shows me Rim is in it for long haul and not dead in the water like people want you to believe.
    12-09-12 07:57 AM
    People complained at RIM's old yearly release, now they will complain at a shorter one. Can't make everyone happy. So you are asserting that every single person who buys an L will be mad the day the A is announced?! Wow that iPad 4 is selling poorly since it came out shortly after the 3. Android is doing awful with its constant string of new devices coming out. Technology is moving very fast right now. Also there isn't a real good supply of A15 based processors available now but should be later in 2013.
    12-09-12 08:01 AM
    iPhone 5 specs are DOUBLE the iPhone 4S specs. In the tech world, when you buy something, it's obsolete when you walk out the door.
    That's true. However, the iPhone is the iPhone. There's no entry/mid/high versions of iPhone. And don't say 4/4s/5. Those are evolutions of the same phone. The London, Naples, and Aristo are not the same phone, they are differing devices for different tastes.
    12-09-12 08:04 AM
    People complained at RIM's old yearly release, now they will complain at a shorter one. Can't make everyone happy. So you are asserting that every single person who buys an L will be mad the day the A is announced?! Wow that iPad 4 is selling poorly since it came out shortly after the 3. Android is doing awful with its constant string of new devices coming out. Technology is moving very fast right now. Also there isn't a real good supply of A15 based processors available now but should be later in 2013.
    Your argument is flawed on all counts because your comparing apples to oranges.

-I'm not complaining about a shorter release, I'm annoyed that they're staggering hardware options rather than giving me the choice right out the door. Two different things.
    -Bad analogy. Apple sells because it's Apple, nuff said
    -Regarding Android: Thank you for agreeing with me!
    12-09-12 08:09 AM
    -I'm not complaining about a shorter release, I'm annoyed that they're staggering hardware options rather than giving me the choice right out the door. Two different things.
    Actually you are annoyed that a leaked specsheet for a future device is not going to be launched right now, which given that the hardware that will launch is going to be good just seems like somebody looking for an excuse to be negative as seen by this digging up of a vague rumour from some time ago.
    12-09-12 08:17 AM
    We don't even know the precise specs for the phones at launch, and we have no idea if there even is a device called an Aristo (or if there was, internally, we don't know whether anything like it will ever launch in a timeframe that matters to this discussion).
    ctuffy and BB12MX like this.
    12-09-12 08:19 AM
    Actually you are annoyed that a leaked specsheet for a future device is not going to be launched right now, which given that the hardware that will launch is going to be good just seems like somebody looking for an excuse to be negative as seen by this digging up of a vague rumour from some time ago.
    So now it's a disguised troll thread right? Or better yet I'm a paid shill! Tin foil hats for everyone, let's have a party! Someone invite Jesse Ventura!
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    12-09-12 08:46 AM
    So now it's a disguised troll thread right? Or better yet I'm a paid shill! Tin foil hats for everyone, let's have a party! Someone invite Jesse Ventura!
    Nah, a party would be too boring... Let's Have a Kiki!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 08:59 AM
    That's true. However, the iPhone is the iPhone. There's no entry/mid/high versions of iPhone. And don't say 4/4s/5. Those are evolutions of the same phone. The London, Naples, and Aristo are not the same phone, they are differing devices for different tastes.
    I think RIM should the exact same thing. Keep selling the older phones as low end after they are no long high end. It is nice to have different choices though.
    12-09-12 09:06 AM
    How many upper shelf Android devices does Samsung make in a given year? 3, 5?

That works for them, making 1 works for Apple. Not to bash on BB too hard but...If they have a sufficient device out in Feb, I wouldn't wait for "the next best thing". It might be a while.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-09-12 09:41 AM
    the performance of the phone depends on the OS. My windows 7 phone runs fast as **** on a 1Ghz core. Two cores should be enough for any phone. if its not the people designing the OS should be shot. It would be great if the Aristo came out at launch as I would have one in a shot. Whether I buy the L series over the latest 16 core, 16Gb Tera-flop graphic core android beast come March depends on the five minutes I will have with the L series in the shop. if its fast I may buy it, but if not I wont.... even it is is upgraded before release to have 4 cores, 1080P and the highest spec of any phone to come in the next 10 years.

There is always an element of being pissed off when a month after you buy something, a newer high spec version comes out.
    12-09-12 09:54 AM
    So u would rather them release their whole product lineup all at the same time and not release anything else during the year?
    12-09-12 10:08 AM
    But you DO have a choice. You have the same choice as everyone has. You can buy the device that's available now, or you can choose to wait for the next one.

There are a number of reasons for waiting, but one that hasn't been mentioned that I consider to be the most important one. The first one is going to have bugs or incomplete features. Waiting for the next release should reduce the "beta customer" annoyances.
    12-09-12 10:09 AM
    I think you're already freaking angry. Buy the nexus 4...then you won't have to fret over this potential slight.
    12-09-12 10:18 AM
91 123 ...