I'm worried about battery life. I only get maybe 6 hours max on my Z10 unless I literally don't touch the phone at all and since the Z30's battery is not removable I wouldn't be able to buy an extended battery or something like that. Even though the battery is bigger, so is the screen which draws more power.

So I have no idea what to do. Maybe I will just wait for the high end O series next year.
    09-20-13 10:45 AM
    Buy a battery bundle for your Z10!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 10:51 AM
    Well I say don't worry until the device is actually out then you can see true battery life. If you are really worried, you could buy an external charging pack as well.
    09-20-13 10:54 AM
    Well I say don't worry until the device is actually out then you can see true battery life. If you are really worried, you could buy an external charging pack as well.
    I take other people's opinions with a grain of salt. People claim to have such "good" battery life with their Z10 and I've gone through multiple Z10s and batteries to know it's next to impossible to push 12 hours with it.
    09-20-13 11:02 AM
    The z30 battery is much larger and the amoled screen uses less power than the z10's lcd. They are saying 25 hours of mixed use, should get you through the day no problem.

Posted via CB10
    higherdestiny likes this.
    09-20-13 11:03 AM
    Maybe wait a bit to see what power users are saying about it. It should be ok with daily charging as its screen is more power-friendly despite being larger and it comes with a much much larger battery than the Z10. As one reviewer said during an unboxing- this is what the Z10 should have been.

If you do get to try it out let us know what you think: battery life, functionality, feel...
    eking3030 likes this.
    09-20-13 11:05 AM
    I take other people's opinions with a grain of salt. People claim to have such "good" battery life with their Z10 and I've gone through multiple Z10s and batteries to know it's next to impossible to push 12 hours with it.
    It all depends on usage and how you set up your phone. At half brightness, no LTE as I'm happy with regular 4G plus I have wifi available most of the time and 'heavy' usage I get 10~13 hours.

Heavy usage as in constant emailing, Blaq always open and constant IM with bbm and Viber... The only app that drains a lot for me is the Docs to Go suite, but even that I use rarely.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:07 AM

I want to get a Z30 BUT-img_00000179.png

Posted via White Z10
    09-20-13 11:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000179.png 
Views:	2096 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	203805

Posted via White Z10
    OS version?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:13 PM
    OS version?

Posted via CB10
    Verizon 10.1 no leaks

Posted via White Z10
    09-20-13 09:33 PM
    Also an option for the OP if you get the Z30 and are worried about the battery, even though it doesn't have a removable battery, BlackBerry does sell a battery bundle type accessory. It's basically an external battery with a micro usb connector that tucks into the battery when not used. When your battery is almost dead and you are out, you just connect this external battery and it will get you by until you are able to charge the device.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    09-20-13 11:20 PM
    Z10 is a flawed product for business users, period! No but, no denial! The battery cannot sustain for a day usage for most users. It need to be charged during the day to be able to see the night. OS10 is not brilliant. The fact has spoken. BBRY is having a massive problem selling Z10 and end up with a big loss. BUT I will give a Z30 a try. Will buy one.
    09-21-13 01:15 AM
    i got a feeling BB is sticking with non removable batteries as they might cost less to make with the phone/ or wants us to drive a cycle of buying new phones because the batteries crud out
    09-21-13 11:58 AM
    Z10 is a flawed product for business users, period! No but, no denial! The battery cannot sustain for a day usage for most users. It need to be charged during the day to be able to see the night. OS10 is not brilliant. The fact has spoken. BBRY is having a massive problem selling Z10 and end up with a big loss. BUT I will give a Z30 a try. Will buy one.
    Battery life definitely a sore point on the Z10, though OS updates have helped. I wound up with a few battery bundles in strategic places.

The OS is actually pretty good, and is getting better all the time with updates and bug fixes.

The Z30 should actually be a pretty decent device, considering 10.2 improves the whole platform.
    09-21-13 12:15 PM
    I definitely want to switch my Z10 with a Z30 because of the battery and the USB capability.
    The two things that keep me away from jumping in are the price and the impossibility to remove the battery.
    Even if the OS is great, a hard reset need can be a good option...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-21-13 12:42 PM
    Speaking from experience, the Z30 will last at minimum worst case scenario twice as long. Normal usage is closer 3 times as long but I guess that really depends what color is being displayed. I try to use black themes where possible but browsing it may not be possible. The Z30 doesn't get hot randomly like the Z10. My Z10 would get pretty warm with the screen on and at 40% brightness which can affect the battery life because batteries perform best at a certain temperature.
    09-21-13 01:31 PM
    Battery life on the Z30 is comparable if not better that the Q10, 1 charge with moderate mixed use lasted me a total of 33hrs
    09-21-13 03:12 PM
    Have you used a Z10 before? I switched from a Z10 to Q10, but one thing I really liked was the fantastic high-res screen. Could you compare the two screens in terms of quality and resolution for us?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:27 PM
    I definitely want to switch my Z10 with a Z30 because of the battery and the USB capability.
    The two things that keep me away from jumping in are the price and the impossibility to remove the battery.

Honestly, I'd say that BB10 has come awfully close to eliminating the need for the battery pull. I have now used SEVERAL BB10 phones, and in all instances of needing to cycle power, I was able to do it from the top button.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-23-13 02:06 AM

Which was pretty illogical for them to disable USB host on the z10. If I remember correctly, it was enabled in the earlier days of the z10. Why would they do that? The z10 is just as capable.

Posted via walkie talkie
    09-26-13 10:58 AM
    The battery life on the Z10 is no better or worse than other phones. The biggest drain on any phone be it an Iphone or android is the radio. I work in an old heritage building with thick limestone walls signal quality is poor throughout the building. With moderate use I get 6 hours on my days off 15 to 18 hours again with moderate use. The z30 has an amoled screen larger battery but more importantly new antenna/radio technology so expect it to have at least double battery life than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:51 PM
    Which was pretty illogical for them to disable USB host on the z10. If I remember correctly, it was enabled in the earlier days of the z10. Why would they do that? The z10 is just as capable.

Posted via walkie talkie
    no no. It wasn't disabled. The physical USB port is not capable (read: physically missing the required pins) of supplying power to the USB device - therefore, the Z10 never could support USB OTG.
    09-26-13 09:01 PM
    you may have some apps that effect your battery life installed.

i have the game reaper installed and even if i didn't play it my battery would last 12 hours, once i deleted it and rebooted it was back to normal. some games or apps can have that effect, CB10 is one of them, if you used it even once thats it, kiss your battery goodbye until you reboot your phone and whip your memory of whatever opened in it
    09-26-13 09:04 PM
    I have never been overly impressed with my Z10s battery life. It really wasn't until I installed a later 10.2 build that I became satisfied, though I wouldn't say it's impressive.

With all of the Z30s advancement, I would imagine it would get you through a full day. At the very least, it should last longer than your Z10.

Leaked from my Z10's CB10 app, running off of 10.2.x.xxxx
    09-26-13 09:31 PM
    I turned my z on at 6am this morning, its now 815pm and I have 38% left, used it all day as per usual. Before the 10.1mr it would have been dead by 4 pm...Hold the salt.

ZED10, STL100-3, 10.1.0.4181
    09-26-13 10:18 PM
26 12