BlackBerry's marketing is crap right now. I think it's up to users to and loyal fans to get the word out and tell people to buy it. Word of mouth is powerful.
    Hi, I agree that word of mouth is a powerful thing but it cannot compete with the billion dollar marketing budgets of Apple and Samsung combined with the contracts they've used to "stitch-up" the telco's.

I hope that I'm wrong in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:25 AM
    Every time I demo one, folks like it. Have had a few people (in the US) go out to get one after I showed them my Z10.

Not a single one walked out with one thou, as they were convinced not to get it by the carrier store reps.

The core issue is there are more people selling against it, then for it.

CB10'n it via da Z
    This happens because the agreements the telco's (and their retail outlets) have signed, holds them accountable to sell minimum volumes of handsets like apple and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:28 AM
    Took about 2 minutes for someone to realize buying the 5s was a mistake after checking out my 30. The selling point was being able to run Android apps. That person is returning the 5s to get a 30. I would love to see that salesperson's face.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Sumner likes this.
    02-16-14 08:55 AM
    Rogers in Toronto was trying hard to convince me not to get a BlackBerry and instead get an apple or Samsung device. Hard for BlackBerry to be successful when the carriers are trying to convince the masses not to buy a product of theirs.

I knew what I wanted and how amazing the Z30 is, but if I didn't know any better I bet I would have been swayed not to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:17 AM
    Rogers in Toronto was trying hard to convince me not to get a BlackBerry and instead get an apple or Samsung device. Hard for BlackBerry to be successful when the carriers are trying to convince the masses not to buy a product of theirs.

I knew what I wanted and how amazing the Z30 is, but if I didn't know any better I bet I would have been swayed not to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    This is the biggest issue. Was at the mall last night and just poking around to see what they had on display as we walked by a kiosk. Needless to say, I stopped for all of 15 seconds and my daughter made a comment on the red Q5 on display (she jokingly said I should have gotten a "red" BlackBerry) . The rep standing there quickly snapped that I don't want a BlackBerry and like a price is right model motioned at a the iPhones. I just politely said I already have a bb, and walked on.

BlackBerry could be selling devices that cure cancer and induce organism and still not have success. I've had a few of my work colleagues that were highly interested in BB10 after I showed them to only end up with something else after the carrier rep convinced them otherwise.

CB10'n it via da Z
    texn884 likes this.
    02-16-14 09:59 AM
    Yes I have had a few bad experiences with reps regarding BlackBerry. The worse one was a girl not even going to get the demo(that was in the drawer) for me to check out. I even asked her why she would tell me not to buy a phone I clearly came in to see. She just shook her head at me each time I mentioned bb10 was a great phone(she may as well have been calling me an *****). This happened quite awhile ago and Im still mad thinking about it. She had a lot of nerve.........

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:13 PM
    There must be an incentive for them to be selling Apple or Samsung devices, perhaps a commission or monthly quota as other posters have alluded to. Why else would they be negative towards BlackBerry and positive towards the others?

It's a real shame. I've showed my phone off to a couple of people since I've gotten it and they are really impressed. I have a feeling once they get in the store the reps will convince them otherwise though.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:30 PM
    I believe the only reason people in a retail location would tell you not to buy a BlackBerry is because other phones tend to experience catastrophic failure, or are stolen, much more often than BB phones. They make their money off of sales. Do the math.
    02-17-14 07:47 AM
    Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:04 AM
    Can the crackers team help communicate to the

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:13 AM
    Apologies...spellchecker and fumbling fingers caused the previous post. Final draft ready shortly

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:16 AM
    Can the crackers team help communicate to the

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:32 AM
    I work for Ford and it is the same idea when people come to our showrooms and see the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch screen. After a 45min professional demo, they are blown away by the features and ease of use. The same with BB10. If people are shown the key features of BB10 nobody will say it is junk. What blackberry has to do is come out with a "7 step walkaround" as we call it in the automotive business, on how to showcase their BB10 software.
    02-17-14 08:37 AM
    I believe the only reason people in a retail location would tell you not to buy a BlackBerry is because other phones tend to experience catastrophic failure, or are stolen, much more often than BB phones. They make their money off of sales. Do the math.
    No, it's because it's easier to sell Samsung and iPhone because they need to know less about the device and set up is super easy. Commission is commission regardless of the phone. SAs do not want to take the extra time to convince the customer that BBRY isn't going under and that the OS is right for them.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:31 AM
    Thumbs up to you sir. I'm a Verizon store manager and although we don't "push " a device on anyone all of my reps are using BB10 devices, we use BBM groups for our store communication and we always try to ask the right questions to qualify customers. We sold a q10 and exchanged two DROID'S yesterday for two Z10's! Thank you for educating the public!

Posted via Z30 on America's best network... Verizon!
    Thumbs up to YOU Sir!

ZZwiped up on my Z10!
    02-17-14 11:12 AM
    There must be an incentive for them to be selling Apple or Samsung devices, perhaps a commission or monthly quota as other posters have alluded to. Why else would they be negative towards BlackBerry and positive towards the others?

It's a real shame. I've showed my phone off to a couple of people since I've gotten it and they are really impressed. I have a feeling once they get in the store the reps will convince them otherwise though.

Posted via CB10
    See my post above. I work in the industry. Apple and Samsung have got us all stitched up. The reps have to move minimum volumes of handsets no matter what. The smaller suppliers, HTC, Sony, LG and Nokia have no market power or influence. But BlackBerry are in the weakest overall market position right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:29 AM
41 12