Look at it this way, for the people still using the Bolds and other older BB phones they still work even if they have not received any OS update right, so who says the almost 2yo Z30 will just stop working, think people
    Eee-xactly!

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    03-09-15 12:25 AM
    If you invest $100 billion in blackberry, they just might make a z40 for you.

Posted via CB10
    I can't afford that sorry but would u want a z40
    03-09-15 09:12 PM
    I can't afford that sorry but would u want a z40
    I would take any flagship phone that suits my needs. There's many choices in the market, and BlackBerry has to cater to many. If whatever BlackBerry releases doesn't meet your standards, pick something else. There's no need to rant about it on a fan site where nobody couldn't care less about what you buy.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:19 AM
    I just want a update to my z30 that's not so hard
    03-10-15 05:19 AM
    Personally, I don't early understand BlackBerry.
    I had a Z10, changed it to a Z30 because of the battery, it wouldn't last 24h and usually dropped me after 12h if used. Many people are happy with Z10's size and don't want a 5 inches phlabet, so there is a market for less than 5 inches phones.
    Others love their Z30 but want something new, a new screen, a new look, some new specs...something like an all touch Passport.
    So, my point is:
    -why not a 5 inches Z40 with Passport's hardware?
    -why not a Z20 with Z30's hardware?
    -why recycle 2 years old hardware?
    -why buy Leap when for extra 50$ you can have a far more superior phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:52 PM
    I'm sure that there is a market for the Leap, but I don't think z30 owners are that market.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:45 PM
    We aren't I'm a z30 owner and waiting for a z40
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-10-15 10:25 PM
    Forget any upgrade; after reading the OS 10.3.1 Release Notes, I'd be happy if Verizon would just release it to their patient subscribers. They "claim" that they are just being careful to assure themselves that they don't distribute bad software but after a few months, that excuse begins to wear thin. Insofar as the Leap is concerned, after reviewing the specs, I fail to see why anyone with a Z30 would want one.
    04-03-15 09:09 PM
    Forget any upgrade; after reading the OS 10.3.1 Release Notes, I'd be happy if Verizon would just release it to their patient subscribers. They "claim" that they are just being careful to assure themselves that they don't distribute bad software but after a few months, that excuse begins to wear thin. Insofar as the Leap is concerned, after reviewing the specs, I fail to see why anyone with a Z30 would want one.
    Well, to be honest, it was only about 3 weeks ago that BB unleashed an OS that actually KILLED the screens of some Z30's!!! But you are right - Verizon will not release it even after it's been successfully loaded on 3 million other phones!
    04-04-15 12:23 AM
    I'm prepared to reserve judgement until I hear more about it. They may have heavily considered all-touch fans when designing this device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I'm with you on with this one. Slider could be game changer. Everyone was crying bloody murder when they first announced the Passport, but look at all the amazing reviews it had. I'm willing to give this slider phone a chance, it might surprise us like the Passport did. It will satisfy keyboard fans and all touch fans all in one phone.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris, ayngling and Sukiyaki like this.
    04-04-15 12:44 AM
    So what do other Z30 owners think?

I know it isn't exactly an upgrade, but the screens larger and as long as the battery life is close to my Z30 I could live with it.

Also, what are people's thoughts on how fast the Leap could be? Slower/Faster than the Z10/Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Z30 Stereo sound quality is the best. And the Z30 Has a premium feel and look. But what ever makes you happy.

Sexy White Z30
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-04-15 12:11 PM
    The Leap's screen is the same size as the Z30. And I think it is targeted as an entry-level device. I think it would be a step-down from the Z30. Here's an excerpt from the article here on Crackberry;
    "The Leap comes packing a 5" HD display 1280 x 720 HD resolution, 294 PPI, 8MP Rear camera, 16GB of expandable storage and has up-to 25 hrs of battery life according to the specs put out by BlackBerry."

Posted via CB10
    25 hours? I wonder if that's balls out usage or a mix of standby and active frames??

Nevertheless, very good

Lovingly created by my Z30
    04-04-15 12:37 PM
    I'm on a Passport now, but I often think about my Z30. It was a true powerhouse, and it felt damn good in hand.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    04-04-15 12:53 PM
    I'm on a Passport now, but I often think about my Z30. It was a true powerhouse, and it felt damn good in hand.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    I second that. I upgraded to a Passport almost three months ago but the back of the Z30 feels so much better/more premium and I miss the VKB. I'm fast on the PKB now but I still think I'm slower than the BB10 VKB. The Leap is almost a joke to me in 2015. If they'd given it the same specs as the Z30 I at least could understand it for enterprise but it has no advantage that I can tell. I'll probably buy the new slider on launch day (assuming it has Passport or > specs) but BB really has to do better than this.
    04-05-15 10:12 PM
    Recommend Z30 100% of the time over Leap. Problem is who knows how much longer Z30 will be available from anywhere except perhaps filling existing enterprise contracts.
    I just bought a Z30, Through Shop BlackBerry, on sale for $229.00. Much nicer looking than the Leap and slightly better specs. My problem is, I'm praying my new Z30 gets full 4GLTE on T-Mobile here in NYC area. It looks like the one thing the Leap does have the Z30 beat on his bands. Ordered it on Saturday so hopefully I will get it by the end of the week and see what happens.
    04-20-15 03:23 PM
    Z30 has too much tech in it. I want less for the money. No USB OTG and HDMI to deal with.
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-20-15 03:58 PM
    Don't think so. If someone puts up a poll in this forum on how many loyal BlackBerry users are going to jump the ship due to the lack of z30 upgrade , we'll know. There will be quite a few

Posted via CB10
    They will come back.
    04-28-15 04:02 AM
    I second that. I upgraded to a Passport almost three months ago but the back of the Z30 feels so much better/more premium and I miss the VKB. I'm fast on the PKB now but I still think I'm slower than the BB10 VKB. The Leap is almost a joke to me in 2015. If they'd given it the same specs as the Z30 I at least could understand it for enterprise but it has no advantage that I can tell. I'll probably buy the new slider on launch day (assuming it has Passport or > specs) but BB really has to do better than this.
    Im sure they are doing the best they can. Maybe the leap is meant to other markets, not the US.
    04-28-15 04:12 AM
    Agree, the Z30 screen is not bright enough.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly can not understand the complaints about the Z30's Screen, it's more than bright enough and I have it set halfway. Maybe the problem is the users eyes and not the phones screen ?

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-28-15 05:40 AM
    My wife has bought the Leap, even though she's hitherto not been a BlackBerry fan. In that respect, the Leap has succeeded.

Of course, I've been playing with it a lot, and obviously comparing it against my Z30. What I can say is this:

Forget the 'specs on paper' talk. In practice, it's nigh on impossible to tell a difference; the Leap is in no way a tardy stablemate. While I'm sorry to see that it doesn't have either NFC or HDMI, the former I've rarely used on the Z30, and I could arguably live without the latter (which I use a bit more on the Z30).

In the hand, the Leap is very ergonomic; a little thicker and heavier than the Z30, but by no means bulky. I rather like its tactility, actually.

The screen is the same size as the Z30's, but it generally appears brighter in daylight, and a little sharper because of that fact.

Its battery life is on a par with the Z30, if not better.

In fact, the only thing I (personally) don't like about it is the fact that it's a tad longer than the Z30. For me, that makes it simply too tight a squeeze in some of my pockets.

But if I had to give up my Z30 for it, I really wouldn't feel hard done by. And if I'd bought it from new as my wife has, I'd be really over the moon - it's fantastic value for money (�199 in UK).

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.3.1.1784
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    04-28-15 02:28 PM
    No its not a Z30 match by any stretch of imagination. I know it's tempting to try the leap I was in same boat but before you take the plunge consider this :
    1. Premium build, well rounded and ergonomic
    2. Paratek antenna
    3. Excellent speakers
    4. Snappier (than leap for sure)

The only area Z30 falls behind is the dim screen (Super AMOLED Vs LCD) and the not so pleasing white balance compared to other flagships
    04-28-15 10:24 PM
    I think the reason BlackBerry hasn't introduced a premium all-touch device is because they want to reduce the Z30 inventory first. Of course that's just wishful thinking.

How much more expensive would the Leap be if it had the same processor as the Z30? I think the difference would have been worth it.

To answer OP's question: Don't get Leap if you're happy with the Z30. The Z30 still has at least another year and a half before it becomes too old. By then BlackBerry will have come out with an all-touch device. * fingers crossed *

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:47 PM
    I just bought a Z30, Through Shop BlackBerry, on sale for $229.00. Much nicer looking than the Leap and slightly better specs. My problem is, I'm praying my new Z30 gets full 4GLTE on T-Mobile here in NYC area. It looks like the one thing the Leap does have the Z30 beat on his bands. Ordered it on Saturday so hopefully I will get it by the end of the week and see what happens.
    Like you, I too bought the Z30 through Shop BlackBerry for $229. Very disappointed to find it DOES NOT support T-MOBILE LTE, just HSPA 1700.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:59 PM
    Hi. I am thinking of getting a blackberry. This is my first blackberry. Confused between leap and z30 as both is around same price range in India. Please help me out.
    05-07-15 01:22 PM
    If one already has a Z30, he's better off forgoing the Leap and waiting for the Slider this fall, which hopefully would have the option of using one of two keyboards, PKB or VKB, depending upon the app. If he wants a second device as a change of pace, I suggest Classic or Passport.

If one has to choose either the Leap or Z30, then if LTE bands are not a problem with either, then go with the Z30 because of the better specs, especially the superior sound and antenna. Plus, there's a special on Shop BlackBerry that's supposed to run until tomorrow.

Posted via CB 10 | VZW Z30 STA100-3 | OS 10.3.1.2744
    ayngling likes this.
    05-07-15 08:30 PM
123 12345